Happy Veterans Day (1 Viewer)

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 06:28
To all the men and women that have served or are serving in the Armed Forces of their country ... Happy Veterans Day!!!

I also would like to exted a Happy Veterans Day! to the wives, husbands, children, and parents for their sacrifices by providing support and by sharing their loved ones because that in itself is service to their country.

And for my immediate brothers and sisters that are out there ... Happy Birthday Marine!!!!

Have an awesome day and no matter the capacity, be proud of your service!

-dK

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:28
I can't quite see what is happy about remembering millions killed in battle.

I'm sure the 5,000 dead US soldiers families will be extatic their loved ones were killed in the Iraq war founded on a lie just to boost the bank balance of GWB and his corrupt cronies.

I hope your celebrations of people being killed goes well.

Col

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Colin, I think you may not be fully aware of the American days.

See this quote from the Political Forum for an explanation.
Don't mean to pick, but it is actually Veteran's Day here tomorrow, not Memorial Day, which is in May.

Veteran's Day is obviously aimed at honoring the veterans from war, while Memorial Day is more a day to honor the deceased, with an emphasis on fallen soldiers.

Personally I have no problem with this. Given the sacrifices they have made, physically and mentally, personally and professionally, I feel they deserve this respect at all times but, as someone else has mentioned, it sometimes takes law to make people recognize and respect such individuals.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
To all the people who felt strong enough to give their lives believing they could offer us a secure and happy future, a heart felt thank you. Regardless of whether we share their belief our gratitude should be extended that they cared enough to fight and die so that we wouldn't have to.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
To all the men and women that have served or are serving in the Armed Forces of their country ... Happy Veterans Day!!!
Just curious, does that include those that gave their lives in the American civil war?:confused:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:28
Just curious, does that include those that gave their lives in the American civil war?:confused:

Veterans Day really isn't to honor deceased individuals but those still living to give thanks for their service to our country. If there are any veterans still alive from the Civil War era, I'd like to meet them. :D

Or as Col would put it, it's another useless holiday to give us an excuse to stay home and not work. We are the laziest people in the world. ;)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Or as Col would put it, it's another useless holiday to give us an excuse to stay home and not work. We are the laziest people in the world. ;)

I didn't have it off. In fact, I just got home about 20 mnutes ago. Worked a 13 hour day and ate a quick Chik-Fil_A sandwich for lunch. (sorry... didn't think to get a picture of it) :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Where did I say that?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You must be slipping up. A missed opportunity:D

Americans are not the laziest in the world. They are just the most obese.

Although from what I saw in Great Yarmouth today, the UK is not that far behind. I was in a music shop opposite a chip shop and couldn't believe the lard-asses going in there to get their daily fix of grease and cholesterol.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Maybe they should rename the place 'Yar Great Mouth'...:p

Vassago

Local time
I didn't have it off. In fact, I just got home about 20 mnutes ago. Worked a 13 hour day and ate a quick Chik-Fil_A sandwich for lunch. (sorry... didn't think to get a picture of it) :)

I also had to work. ;)

Vassago

Local time
Where did I say that?

Col
There's a search button located at the top of the forum. I'm sure if you looked, you'd find it. ;)

But since you repeat things on a consistent basis, I thought I would beat you to the punch on this one.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There's a search button located at the top of the forum. I'm sure if you looked, you'd find it. ;)

But since you repeat things on a consistent basis, I thought I would beat you to the punch on this one.

I have never said Americans are lazy. If you think I did - prove it. Until such time, I would appreciate you not making up quotes.

Col

Vassago

Local time
I have never said Americans are lazy. If you think I did - prove it. Until such time, I would appreciate you not making up quotes.

Col

Why not? You make up enough for everyone.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Why not? You make up enough for everyone.

So you did make it up then. I would have expected better from you as an ex moderator, and respected member of the forum.

Still, you can't win 'em all.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom