Has America Imploded? (2 Viewers)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
@harpygaggle
I tend to agree with you, in the sense that, over the past year or two I've realized that the average American who believes leftwing nonsense isn't really to blame; their motives are often good, they are just ignorant of the facts. It's the media, big tech, and politicians who have been all too effective in covering up the truth wherever it suits them

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Don't fall into the trap that it's ONLY left-wing media, they all have an agenda to move the masses. We can't let the media replace common sense.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
That's a fair point. I read both Fox and CNN from top to bottom every day in order to get a sense of what each one might be reporting that the other isn't, as well as to see what each side is emphasizing or 'calling out', which is revealing at times. Been doing this ever since the controversial emergence of Trump.

I've also increased my exposure, such as the book I'm reading - Taboo, by Wilfred Reilly - in order to get the hard facts about many of these situations. This book is incredibly fact-based; almost every sentence is a statement of fact rather than pure editorializing (comparatively speaking).

Lending additional credence to the bias, or lack thereof, of the book, is the fact that Mr. Reilly also dispels a some harmful, far-right theories from some of the more admittedly fringe groups, and in fact, soundly repudiates certain of them.

Excellent point about common sense

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Walls still working for elite liberals but not for our southern borders, go figure.

1619450632535.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I haven't watched one of these narcissistic-famous-people-drooling-all-over-each-other shows since about 2010. My wife occasionally will, but I just can't stand them. It's so weird to see an industry of people who actually wake up every morning firmly believing the world is watching and waiting on baited breath to see what their next word of wisdom will be and that what they do matters more than just about anything in the universe!

Of course, running a close second to how scary that is, is the thought that a certain % of America actually does do that. I taught my kids that most of these celebrities - whether its movies or sports - are about the last person you want to emulate.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 02:48
We didn't even realize the Academy Awards were even on. We couldn't find the program we wanted to watch and wondered why? After a while, saw scrolling on the bottom of the screen a reference to the atrocious presentations. Realization dawned on us.

As a side note, Biden will be giving a speech before Congress on April 28th. The presentaion of the President's proposed budget before the people used to be a big deal until the Obama administration came along. (Actually it may have died during the Bush era.) The Washington Post, when it was a big deal, even had a massive section devoted to analyzing the proposed budget, Now the Budget, like the Academy Awards, have degenerated into irrelevance.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
They moved the Oscars from The Dolby Theatre to Union Station this is ironic on many levels. Union Station is a travel hub for Los Angeles, so the liberals shut that down. :LOL: Also, they had to move all the "blue tents" of homeless people the hell away from the celebs because everyone knows these folks are bat sh*t crazy. And if that's not enough they build walls around their private party. :ROFLMAO: The optics are priceless.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Seems that Oscar viewership continues to decline. Now if it will just be cancelled.
Per Nielsen Live+Same Day preliminary national numbers, an average of 9.85 million viewers tuned in on Sunday evening to watch a more intimate and stripped-down version of the Oscars in the midst of a pandemic. That’s a 58.3%, 13.75 million viewer drop-off from last year. The Academy’s third host-less show in a row scored a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 in the fast national ratings, a 64.2% dip from 2020.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Now that Kamala has conqured the border, she can tackle space.

1620004494648.png

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The subject of liberal vs conservative happiness comes up from time to time.

1620054576513.png

1620054722193.png

1620054822872.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
An extremely troubling headline. Biden and the Democrats evidently hate Trump so much, that they are willing to let national treasures and monuments be vandalized. But also put this in the context of the mostly peaceful rally that was held on Jan. 6, 2021 in support of democracy. The US Department of Justice (DOJ) is criminally going after the participants as if they were "terrorists", yet the DOJ is apparently ignoring all the damage being done by those on the "left". It is also my understanding that many of those on the "left" who destroyed federal property in Oregon and Washington were never charged and were released. This is "political" justice, going after your political enemies (those who were at the Capital Building on Jan. 6, 2021) but ignoring the illegal activities of those who have the political backing of the Democratic Party. Biden (falsely) claimed at his inauguration that he would support all those in the US and that he supported US values. The President, by allowing monuments to be trashed without criminal repercussions is not doing his job of managing this country.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I have tried to reach some of our conservative politicians that are asking for funds, but of course the emails are computer generated, and I never get an answer back. I am seeing if this forum is visited by any of them. The following is not necessarily my views, but what I hear.

I travel constantly, and therefore get to hear a good cross section of the views of their constituents. If you are a conservative politician and view this forum this is what I am hearing. Quote, “There are two parties. Democrats, and Republicans. The smartest ones are the democrats as they were able to steal the elections, and the republicans were not able to stop them. Also, the democrats are able to keep there party along liberal lines. The republicans can’t keep their people in line. Why should I put any effort, trust, or money in the republicans?” End quote

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I travel constantly, and therefore get to hear a good cross section of the views of their constituents.
What is your perception? Since we are in an out-of-the-way rural community were we don't see much of other areas in the country, are the gloom and doom horror stories presented by Fox News a reasonable portrayal of what is happening in this country? Is Portland as bad as presented?
Quote, “There are two parties. Democrats, and Republicans. The smartest ones are the democrats as they were able to steal the elections, and the republicans were not able to stop them. Also, the democrats are able to keep there party along liberal lines. The republicans can’t keep their people in line. Why should I put any effort, trust, or money in the republicans?” End quote
Unfortunately, when it comes to "dirty manipulative politics" the Democrats are far superior to the Republicans. Democrats know how to appeal to the ignorant gullible masses and know how to motivate them. The issuance of stimulus checks and extended unemployment benefits being current examples of the Democrats "buying" political power.

Theoretically we should be grateful that "The republicans can’t keep their people in line". We need to have independent thinkers making independent decisions. But, as is the case with many Republicans, the personal hatred of Trump has led to a situation where the Democrats have unfortunately achieved the political power to "destroy" this country. This is a case of "be careful of what you ask for".

"Why should I put any effort, trust, or money in the republicans?" A valid question, but fails to consider that the Democrats are corrupt and will use their political power to transform the government (and society) into an extension of the Democratic Party. Recently it was reported that Bishop Garrison is "The Pentagon’s Hatchet Man in Charge of Purging MAGA Patriots and Installing Race Theory in The Military". Then we have a Black racist (Kristen Clarke) being nominated to head the US Civil Rights Division. Breaking news this morning, the reality of the purge of the military has just gained some credence: Space Force commander fired after comments made on conservative podcast.

The conundrum - if you don't support Republicans, you may then end-up in a gulag. Even if you don't get sent to a reeducation camp, do you really want to live in an Orwellian totalitarian state?

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ever since I made a donation to Trump's election campaign in 2016 (the first political donation I ever made), I've been on the RNC's bestie list and I get requests for donations from them and lots of other candidates individually. Every other month, I send back the RNC with zero as the donation amount and tell them I will never donate another penny to a Republican cause until they cancel all three of the top leaders in the Senate and the House, ESPECIALLY Mitch.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Ever since I made a donation to Trump's election campaign in 2016 (the first political donation I ever made), I've been on the RNC's bestie list and I get requests for donations from them and lots of other candidates individually. Every other month, I send back the RNC with zero as the donation amount and tell them I will never donate another penny to a Republican cause until they cancel all three of the top leaders in the Senate and the House, ESPECIALLY Mitch.
My problem with the fund raising, are they raising money for themselves or do they plan to actually get Republicans elected? Not to be mean or anything, but Mutts with A Mission, is getting a bit ridiculous. I have no knowledge concerning the trustworthiness of Mutts with A Mission. Supporting the military and law enforcement is important, but we may have too many charities making that claim that really aren't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom