Hello (1 Viewer)

Dipo

Local time
Today, 11:07
I am new here but glad to be finally registered after stalking and reading from the shadows for a while.

I am self taught on Access leveraging on my knowledge of DbaseIV and have built a number of databases essentially to ease my job roles as Administrator and Account in the past and a few more for clients.

People have been hyping that Access is for the past and MySql are the new in-thing but I am fixated to Access though run into limitations here and there.

I hope to improve my capacity with Access with anticipated support on this wonderful community. I will also be happy to join any team and project (if any) to improve and get better.

Once again, I am glad to be here.

Dipo
Abuja

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:07
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:07
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:07
Welcome aboard!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:07
Hello, Dipo, and welcome to our forum.

The debate over Access's potential lifetime has been going on for 20 years or more and no end in sight. In fact, the news releases for Windows 11 are pretty much including Access among the upgraded Office packages that have been "re-tuned" for Windows 11 compatibility. Access has its place as a starting point. So ... if you think of the way the USA looks at drugs, Access is the marijuana to SQL Server's heroin - a starter drug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom