Invoicing / Inventory (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 13:43
Spike

Thanks for the help.

I am sure you have noticed that I am struggling a fair bit with this. Your input is appreciated

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:43
focus,

Here is a free, generic data model re Customers and Invoices. It isn't specific to your issue. It is generic and illustrates many of the common tables and relationships for Customers and Invoices. You can remove or ignore the pieces that are not in your scope. Notice the "relative" simplicity of the model compared to your relationships in your database. As spike has suggested, use tblItem or some agreed upon term for that table at this point. If you really need to break it out into components later, then do it later. Get a model that represents your business data and test to see if it does indeed support your business facts. The model is becoming the blueprint for your database.
Good luck.

focus12321

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:43
focus,

Here is a free, generic data model re Customers and Invoices. It isn't specific to your issue. It is generic and illustrates many of the common tables and relationships for Customers and Invoices. You can remove or ignore the pieces that are not in your scope. Notice the "relative" simplicity of the model compared to your relationships in your database. As spike has suggested, use tblItem or some agreed upon term for that table at this point. If you really need to break it out into components later, then do it later. Get a model that represents your business data and test to see if it does indeed support your business facts. The model is becoming the blueprint for your database.
Good luck.

Thank you for your help. Yesterday I spent about 7-8hrs watching tutorial videos, after seeing some of this stuff all the way through I started getting it a little more. I now see why you (and Spike :) ) are saying to use one table for items. I'm going to rework my DB and I think I can come up with a much better beginning now.

Ill be gone this weekend, so next week sometime I'll post it. Dont worry about addressing anything until I repost, Thank you all!!

focus12321

Registered User.
Local time
Alright I have been working on this the past couple weeks and went through a ton of different versions. I think I'm on the right track... But I am stuck on a cascading combo box. I have the first two combo boxes working but cant get past the next one. If someone could look at what Ive created here it would help tremendously. I keep erroring out on the third combo box...

I made categories for my items. So I have a type to filter my "items" into materials, labor hrs, and equipment. Then I have a category to bring it down to a manageable list. but then stuck on the items. It doesnt want to drop those down. If you look at my Form you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• DgVersion6.zip
    393.3 KB · Views: 94

focus12321

Registered User.
Local time
Alright I have been working on this the past couple weeks and went through a ton of different versions. I think I'm on the right track... But I am stuck on a cascading combo box. I have the first two combo boxes working but cant get past the next one. If someone could look at what Ive created here it would help tremendously. I keep erroring out on the third combo box...

I made categories for my items. So I have a type to filter my "items" into materials, labor hrs, and equipment. Then I have a category to bring it down to a manageable list. but then stuck on the items. It doesnt want to drop those down. If you look at my Form you can see what I mean.

Wait, dont even look at this, I already see at least one problem

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 13:43
Focus

I had a look at your DB.

I looked at a Form. You know the one that you have called Table Order Detail

There are three combos on that form.

What do you expect these to do. What is this Requery all about.

Why is the no heading in your Module.

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

These are missing.

I think you should know all this because if you don't you can't go anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom