Is it safe to get back to the life you knew? (1 Viewer)

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:41
Gyms were reopened! People miss their workout routine. While gyms and fitness facilities provide important services that help people maintain their physical and emotional well-being, are you guys personally feeling safe going to the gym amidst covid-19?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:41
As long as I have a decent mask and nobody there is coughing their lungs out, I might be OK.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:41
where are you in that the gyms were reopened?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I keep meaning to go to the gym but have not! I keep kicking myself as I've had several months of opportunities now

CollaTech

Local time
Today, 22:41
Gyms were reopened! People miss their workout routine. While gyms and fitness facilities provide important services that help people maintain their physical and emotional well-being, are you guys personally feeling safe going to the gym amidst covid-19?
I don't feel safe about going to the gym. And doing workouts with a mask on, is kinda uncomfy. So I'll better have my workout here at home.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
I prefer working at home too instead of going to the gym. I also do small walks through pocket parks.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:41
My gym membership is on pause until April. I should be vaccinated by then.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Well, CNN (and all liberal media outlets) criticized Rand Paul a lot for how he took on Fauci during that one hearing, challenging him on the notion that we all still have to wear masks after being vaccinated. I watched the segment and found Rand Paul to be very convincing.

Looks like the CDC just came out with major new guidance today, agreeing essentially with the idea of being able to get back to many aspects of life as normal once you are vaccinated (which makes sense).

Looks like The Science finally caught up!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I think it only applies to travel

Due to the large number of Americans who remain unvaccinated and the current state of the pandemic, CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people continue to take COVID-19 precautions, such as wearing a mask, social distancing, washing hands frequently and avoiding crowds when in public, when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple other households, and when around unvaccinated people who are at high risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19.

... And Rand Paul is still a clown 🤡

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
And visiting, and about wearing masks while visiting. I disagree that Rand is a clown, but I respect your opinion!

Last edited:

CollaTech

Local time
Today, 22:41
Rand actually has a point, especially when it comes to big gatherings or travel. It is better to be safe than sorry, even though vaccines are being rolled out.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Now that I have had both rounds of the Pfizer vaccine, I am less concerned about being out and about. Still cautious, but less concerned.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I would like to see the stats about the risk of infection and death compared to flu rates in peak season. I never used to worry about going on during flu season. That would give me something to work with regarding assessing the risk to my health and how much risk exposure I would be happy with. Getting those facts rather than relying on media bias gives me something more objective to work with.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
And Rand Paul is still a clown 🤡
Rand and his father Ron are a few of the elected officials that actually do their job (Ron has retired) and put the rights of their constituents first.

The rest of the clowns on capital hill have been asleep at the wheel for so long, they no longer know what it is they are paid to be doing.

In response to the original question, the virus stopped scaring me once I caught it and realized that it was no more dangerous than any other viruses I have caught before. IF I actually went to a gym, I would have no problems going now - mask free and unvaccinated

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yep, I'm with you on the gym, NG. I would go if I could, but I really can't. My bursitis and knee surgery make me a non-candidate for most of their exercise machines.

Instead, I do a moderate low-impact walk around the neighborhood every day and just grimace now and then. After about 3 miles (and small change), I feel I have done my due diligence to get off of my BFA for a while. Though earlier in the week I was cleaning yard debris after a storm. Anything that was loose on our trees hit the lawn during three days of high winds. But, after 16 x 39-gallon leaf bags and 3 large garbage cans worth of tree droppings, the place almost looks presentable again. My back hates me, but that is an on-again-off-again thing anyway.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Doc, you mentioned storms. Do you ever get tornadoes down your way?

mariopepper

Local time
Today, 17:41
In the pandemic, it's much riskier to do these types of activities indoors, according to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But I don't care. I like visiting gym

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
In the pandemic, it's much riskier to do these types of activities indoors, according to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But I don't care. I like visiting gym
You make a good point. And it should be considered 'ok' that people calculate these risks against each other, rather than COVID trumping everything else. For example, there's an increased health risk of not going to the gym too ... I am living proof :ROFLMAO:

mariopepper

Local time
Today, 17:41
You make a good point. And it should be considered 'ok' that people calculate these risks against each other, rather than COVID trumping everything else. For example, there's an increased health risk of not going to the gym too ... I am living proof :ROFLMAO:
Wow! That's awesome. Have you got covid back then ? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom