It's been good to know you (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 15:08
Christmas is coming and redundancy notices are being issued. Mine completes on 19th December and so I will not be around much.

Just like to thank everybody on the Forum for their help and guidance over the years. It has been a real pleasure to "meet" you all.

If anybody hears of the need for an Access Person in the Warwickshire area then i will be checking in now and again.

Once again thanks to everybody.

Best Regards

Len

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:08
Really sorry to hear that. I was lucky, a few years back, when my employers decided to cut a hige number of jobs. I wasn't affected, but really felt for those who were.

Good luck in the future and, fingers crossed, we'll see you back on the forum before too long.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 16:08
Len,

This is a sad thing. A man with your capabilities being made redundant.
I think we need to thank you for your great contribution and help you gave to me and many others . I sincerely hope you will be able to find something else in the Warwickshire area.

Again, a great thanks from the dark and wet lowlands and hope that your
X-mas days will pass in a positive way.

Cheers, Ron

KenHigg

Local time
'Redundancy notice' - What the heck is that? Like you're being laid off (Losing your job?)?

???

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 07:08
'Redundancy notice' - What the heck is that? Like you're being laid off (Losing your job?)?

???

Yeah .. bummer coming this close to Xmas...
But Len you knew it was coming , didn't you??

keep logging on - one of the guys on the forum runs a business from Chatham /folkestone (area) and they might have a job (project work) where they deal with the South east and contract you to do the northern branch ..(midlands) you never know ..

I have you details on hand in case something pops up.. ..

so don't let this get you down . enjoy your xmas and worry about next year in the new year ..

keep your chin up and wishing you the best this christmas (just in case we don't "speak" before them )

regards

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Len,

Very sorry to hear this.

It may sounds easier than done, but the sooner you get out and about, the better your prospect of getting new job will be. Best of luck.

DanG

Registered User.
Local time
I am very sorry to hear that.

I am a very big believer of the "When one door closes, another one opens' attitude myself as it has always worked out that way for me. The transistion going from on door to the other was NERVER fun though.

Good Luck, I'm sure we'll see you around sooner than you think!

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:08
Bah Humbug - In the short time I have been here, your contributions have helped me a lot
Very good luck for the future

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:08
Best wishes for a successful transition to something else, Len.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Many thanks for the comments.

Ken. Redundancy Notice. Mean your skills are no longer required andtherefore neither are you. Does not mean you are crap at what you are doing, just that company have decided those skills are not relevant tothem any more. Sort of a kick in the whatsits saying that your skills now having nothing to offer the company

Yup had an inkling it was coming but it has rather surprised me how it has affected me. Started work on 16 July 1962 and never been out of work since.

Talking to myself and winding up the elastic so should be up and running again in a day or so. Full throttle after christmas

Cheers

Len

KenHigg

Local time
Sorry to hear it Len... I guess most of us are just a notice away from looking for work. Sounds like you're already regrouping - Might be the start of something better fo you anyway - :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Sorry to read this Len, and not to put to fine a point on it , it is a real bummer at your age, too many employers think the brain stops at 50 or earlier, I was lucky and was given early retirement so could afford to work for a charity for peanuts.

Hope something interesting comes up soon.

Brian

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
It's a rotten thing to happen Len but I hope there's something good just around the corner. Thanks for your help in the past and I hope your soon to be ex employers start having problems only you could solve.

Look in every now and then. Cheers Barry

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry to hear about your job situation. Keep your cool and look for a new job. I believe you will come out ahead. There is a job waiting for you, you will have to find it. Enjoy your holidays! Good luck in job hunting! When you get a new job, please let us know.

MStCyr

Local time
Christmas is coming and redundancy notices are being issued. Mine completes on 19th December and so I will not be around much.

Just like to thank everybody on the Forum for their help and guidance over the years. It has been a real pleasure to "meet" you all.

If anybody hears of the need for an Access Person in the Warwickshire area then i will be checking in now and again.

Once again thanks to everybody.

Best Regards

Len

Good morning Mr. Boorman

I guess we all have to go thru this at some point in time during our life.

The very same thing did happen to me some years back .... yes, it is quite a shock, however it is not your fault, in case the guilt feeling starts to set in.

I took it as a good chance to regroup and rest up, and then decided that I would form my own company. You certainly seem to have the talent. I've had no regrets in doing so.

Also, I feel that you would be doing yourself a disservice by not "showing" up in the forum and keep on providing the forum with your inciteful answers and words of wisdom.

Best regards and the best of luck and most of all Chin Up.
Maurice St.Cyr (MStCyr)

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
Hey,

Sorry to hear about your bad news, hope you manage to find a job soon :)

This thread made me wonder if Access use was being phased out by .NET, winFX ect.
Do you think thats happening?

Maybe its a good time to learn .net or sql server or oracle or something like that?

Anyway not meaning to derail the thread....I wish you all the best and good luck :)

R

Rich

Best wishes for the future Len, whatever direction your career takes you:)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 09:08
Sorry to hear that Len. But I know you'll regroup and I wish you the best going forward. I agree that you'll still need to pop in and visit from time to time. You have a lot of knowledge, it would be almost criminal not to share it. :eek:;)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Sorry to hear your news Len. I have been there and know how hard it can be. Just remember there are jobs out there for someone with your skills so good luck. Keep coming here to give us the benefit of your advice and knowledge.

Rob

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry to hear about this, Len. I am with the others who hope you will continue to pop into the forum on occasion. Best of luck.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom