It's got to big for me.... (1 Viewer)

ontopofmalvern

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:08
Hi
I hope I am allowed to ask this on this forum, if not apologies in advance.

Some years ago I created an Access db for the school I work for (this forum being my go to support - many thanks). The db has now grown in complexity and the school has grown in size and diversity. The basic problem is I am at the limits of of my capability and my time to further develop it. We are a small special needs school and the database is central to how we work. I really need a commercial developer to take it over. Is it okay to ask for that here?

I think what I need is to migrate the BE to an ODBC online database and have about half a dozen fairly simple web forms for staff to enter data but maintain an Access FE (which I would expect to continue to manage for now) for managers to access data outputs. Eventually I am not against the whole thing going online. Is there anyone (preferably UK based) who could undertake that or offer any advice about where I could ask for that.

We would hope to form a long term relationship with such a developer as there is absolutely no chance of special needs educating not continuing to change and we are a dynamic school keen to keep getting better.

Best wishes
Richard

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:08
Hi Richard
I've just sent you a private message

robbertcarl23

Local time
Today, 05:08
As a student at Paragon, I am familiar with the Paragon education consulting program. I would appreciate it if you could give me advice on where to find a good job. I am new to this and I have no experience yet.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:08
As a student at Paragon, I am familiar with the Paragon education consulting program. I would appreciate it if you could give me advice on where to find a good job. I am new to this and I have no experience yet.
Hi @robbertcarl23.

Welcome to AWF!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:08
I think what I need is to migrate the BE to an ODBC online database and have about half a dozen fairly simple web forms for staff to enter data
Access does not have any integrated support to make web apps. Also, once you switch the BE to SQL Server, if you want to use the BE from Access also, you run into inside the firewall and outside the firewall issues. I'm sure you can do it, but you may not want to.

robbertcarl23

Local time
Today, 05:08
Thanks for the help to me with the paragon program. I am very happy with your advice. I appreciate your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom