jwindon: You're not doing your homework! (1 Viewer)

jwindon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:21
raskew:

Can you give it a break?!? You are not going to intimidate me and I am not going anywhere. If you object to my posts, then don't read them.

Fact of the matter is I have in my short time since joining the forum 130 posts. Only 14 of those were generated by me. That's slightly over 10%. I think your mathematics regarding my "average" of 3-4 posts a day is WAY!!!! off base.

We can agree to disagree as to my research into a subject. I know what I have done before posting..you don't. End of story. You can't change the facts and I can't change your opinion.

Truce?

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:21
hi all,

i need some help...just exactly what is a database?

(hope i've posted to the correct forum...)

and what is this stuff about [Talismanic] and [maiden name]? is this a new method in Office XP?

al

BukHix

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:21

PCS, yea its all part of the SMART Tags implemented by MS for XP. The code looks something like this:

Dim Talismanic as String
Dim Maiden Name as NotSureWhereThisCameFrom

Talismanic = "BukHix"

End Sub

i need some help...just exactly what is a database?

This thread should get you started in the right direction:

Topic: Ho Du u Instal Actsays?????

After you get the database installed you can come back and ask more specific questions.

[This message has been edited by BukHix (edited 09-07-2001).]

Last edited:
R

Rich

Wasn't the basic concept of the internet the free exchange of information world wide, and didn't the cost factor become relevant when Microsoft became involved?
al you need to do some research.

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
I'd like to disagree with raskew/bob, but i can't. There's some real lazy people about, the only thing to do is ignore them once it becomes obvious - if u don't wanna waste your time assisting someone that isn't interested in getting any better and only wants to sponge. NOTE - i'm not saying that applies to jwindon as i can't remember reading any of his/her posts.

Buk - i'm sure there's free LAMP bbs out there, post back if i find one - if you have enough control over the servers. a proper faq is sorely missing from this site, but it's been raised 1000 times before. If we want it it has to be done as a seperate site, i don't see awf/jon putting one up any time soon,

later

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
tal-buk,

i carefully followed the directions at:

Topic: Ho Du u Instal Actsays?????

no joy, i am posting this from a friend's p/c...

al

BukHix

Registered User.
Local time
PCS, is he/she a good friend? You may be there for a while. Does he/she have any beer? You may need a few. Did you get Red Hat Linux? I did!

I haven't tried to install it yet, I am waiting for a good friend with beer to stop by.

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
-------
Did you get Red Hat Linux? I did!
I haven't tried to install it yet, I am waiting for a good friend with beer to stop by.
-------

you may need lots of beer (or stronger spirits)

al

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
<assuming you're not joking, or assuming you think ms is all there is> What RH have u got? 7.1 is good, if u fu i the install you may need a brain scan, it's less than tough. If you can get new ram or a new hd into your pc you won't have any problem at all. AND you get a proper web server ( apache ) a proper scripting languange ( php, wait til you see that buk/tal, it's the dogs ) and a proper db server ( postgresql ) AND NO BLUE SCREENS. the futures bright, the futures a big fat penguin

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Cosmos, why? After 2 years, why resurrect this thread? :confused:

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time
Mile-O-Phile,

Oops! Forgive me.. I did not notice the dates on this hread. Just saw someone looking at it in the who's online page.
:p

BukHix

Registered User.
Local time
Cosmos, why? After 2 years, why resurrect this thread?
It did give me the opportunity to update one of the links I included in one of my earlier posts.

Ho Du u Instal Actsays?????

It was a newbie question about intalling Red Hat Access or some such thing. Anyway the link was dead having assumed room tempature when the forum was switched from a UBB board to the VBulleten Board it is today.

The link lives again. Long live the link!

Last edited:

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Cosmos75 said:
Mile-O-Phile,

Oops! Forgive me.. I did not notice the dates on this hread. Just saw someone looking at it in the who's online page.
:p

Honestly all those nosey people.....Wouldn't catch me viewing who's online:p

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
Wouldn't catch me viewing who's online:p

Well, not anymore since you went into Invisible Mode. ;)

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
I always thought BukHix was a bloke.:confused:

BukHix

Registered User.
Local time
A bloke eh? I wasn't sure what to make of that so I Googled it. Now I am less sure.

Welcome to Bloke-Haven

I did find this in the Blokes adviser (well I wanted to know just in case I was one)

Bloke: The handbrake wants to drive my car.

Bloke's Advisor: No she doesn't, she wants to wreck it because she's jealous of it's relationship with you. Anyway, it's a manual transmission so she'll have no hope. If you have an auto (like a Valiant Regal) remember the following: P is for Potentially safe. N is not Not safe. D is for Dangerously Unsafe (and for Don't-even-THINK-about-selecting-this) and 1 and 2 are for how many cars they'll hit before letting go of the steering wheel in shock.

Bloke: The handbrake says she'll leave me if I go fishing with my mates for the whole weekend again.

Bloke's Advisor: Best pick up a couple of Steak and Cheese pies on the way home then.

Bloke: The handbrake has left me for my best mate!

Bloke's Advisor: And you just thought the laundry basket was broken didn't you? Don't worry - You'll find another best mate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom