Lets Stop George Bush before he Destroys the Whole Planet Earth. (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 00:51
Or pushed - :p

At gunpoint?

Does your wife have a gun and go shooting animals? or is it a 'man' thing?

Hmmmm - more questions - expect no answers then.:rolleyes:

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 19:51
....I kinda got what Ken said at that time because I thought that Gatorade had a very high sodium content (I could be wrong). Since sodium is linked to high blood pressure and high blood pressure is linked to heart problems...

Little heavy for me - :p

I was simply saying a smoker with a bad ticker isn't likey to be doing anything to break a sweat so why would they need gatorade :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Little heavy for me - :p

I was simply saying a smoker with a bad ticker isn't likey to be doing anything to break a sweat so why would they need gatorade :p

My "ticker" as you so eloquently call it isn't bad now - it's been fixed and I had to pass strenuous exercise tests to enable me to drive for the hospital.
Also (for your information), I cycled 10 miles yesterday and also do daily exercises, but the thirst is quenched by tap water not gnats piss American Gatorade.

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:51
My "ticker" as you so eloquently call it isn't bad now - it's been fixed and I had to pass strenuous exercise tests to enable me to drive for the hospital.
Also (for your information), I cycled 10 miles yesterday and also do daily exercises, but the thirst is quenched by tap water not gnats piss American Gatorade.

Col

I believe Gatorade is produced under licence in Europe.
You should really have said "not gnats piss European Gatorade".
Having sampled the Eurepean variety, its even worse than the US brand. I didn't think that was possible.
Good news about your "ticker" however. Buluva or Gruen? :)

Last edited:
R

Rich

I believe Gatorade is produced under licence in Europe.
You should really have said "not gnats piss European Gatorade".
Having sampled the Eurepean variety, its even worse than the US brand. I didn't think that was possible.

It's made by an American company, what do you expect, consistency?:p

statsman

Local time
It's made by an American company, what do you expect, consistency?:p

If you read Sum Guy's post Rich, you'll see that the Gatorade you get in Europe is made in Europe under license.
It's similar to various brands of beer that are made under licence in countries other than the one that originated it.
Example: Fosters Lager (Austrailian) is brewed in Canada under licence by Molson's (Canadian). This is a common practice among "international" brands, not only beer.

Read the label next time you purchase an "international" product. Odds are it was produced locally.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
If you read Sum Guy's post Rich, you'll see that the Gatorade you get in Europe is made in Europe under license.

But if you were to think for a moment, it's made to the same formulae and therefore tastes the same as the American gnats piss, the same way Coca-Cola is the same the world over.:rolleyes:

Anyway, according to Kenny, anyone who has a heart condition will not like it and only perfect people will like it. I think there should be a comment on the label to say that - Kenny is after all a self appointed expert in what he thinks people should like or dislike.

Col

statsman

Local time
Actually, Ken was questioning your NEED for Gatorade. I did not read anything in his post regarding "perfect people".
Please read the posts carefully.

Is it your position that spelling errors invalidate the point?
If so, your use of "formulae" is incorrect as it is only one product.
Personally, I would have thought the word "recipe" would be more accurate.

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Actually, Ken was questioning your NEED for Gatorade. I did not read anything in his post regarding "perfect people".
Please read the posts carefully.

A cancer stick in one hand and gatorade in the other - Kind of like putting hubcaps on a tractor - :p

statsman

Local time
A cancer stick in one hand and gatorade in the other - Kind of like putting hubcaps on a tractor - :p

Up in the Great White North we use:
Like putting a turbocharger on a hearse.

Note: not a cheap shot on anyones physical condition.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Actually, Ken was questioning your NEED for Gatorade.
No he didn't. I didn't know it was an exercise drink, I'd only heard of it on a Paul Simon song (Papa Hobo)
Ken indicated that as I had had a heart condition (quote) "it's no wonder he didn't like it", therefore if one has no heart condition one must like it. I am challenging the fact that there must be some people who a) have not had a heart condition who b) don't like Gatorade. (That's the 3rd time I've explained this, it's so boring when people can grasp simple logic)
Is it your position that spelling errors invalidate the point?
If so, your use of "formulae" is incorrect as it is only one product.
Personally, I would have thought the word "recipe" would be more accurate.

I was unclear if there was more than one formula so took a chance on the plural. One product can have many formulae.

I note that KennyBabe uses a small "g" and you use a capital "G" which one is correct? I would suggest the capital as it is referring to a name.

KenHigg said:
A cancer stick in one hand and gatorade in the other

I said I was drinking it at an airport I did not say I was smoking. Please read the posts more carefully and don't invent your own facts and give the impression they are mine - it doesn't work. Anyway, you are not allowed to smoke in an airport.

KenHigg said:
- Kind of like putting hubcaps on a tractor

Some custom tractors do have hubcaps - maybe not in the USA perhaps.

Col

statsman

Local time
I went to a Toronto Maple Leafs (sic) game this winter. The Zamboni machine they use to re-surface the ice between periods was not only decked out in the team colours and plastered with ads, it had mag wheel covers on it.
Dump the water and the snow, it was ready for the race course.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Race cars don't have hub caps :(

Shouldn't that be "racing cars"? - Not sure really.

Cars race each other or are cars racing each other?

The car was racing along the road. . . . . . .

Hmmmmm

Col

KenHigg

Local time
I believe they do in the Zamboni 500. Held on an ice course. Careful on the turns. :D

500?!?

I could see a Zamboni 5 or maybe a Zamboni 10 but 500? - It'd take a year for that thing to go 500 miles :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom