Notes From A Thoughtful Husband (3 Viewers)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 09:43
Rich said:
Trouble is it was ours to start with:mad: ;)

Nope, what is yours is ours and what is ours is ours. :D

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
Depends on the marriage contract:cool:

It's always in there, you just have to view the small ,white fonted, print. :D

"What's yours is ours and whats ours is ours"

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
The following is a public service announcement!

Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car, I will find a coat hanger and fiddle with it long after hypothermia has set in. Calling AAA is not an option. I will win--even if it results in damage to the door or window.

Because I'm a man, when the car isn't runn ing very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now--what with all these computers and everything--I don't know where to start. We will then drink a couple of cold beers and curse the infernal machine.

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed moaning. You're a woman and never get as sick as I do, so for you, this should be no problem.

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic necessities at the store--things like milk, bread, eggs or toilet paper. I cannot, however, be expected to find exotic items like paprika or tofu. For all I know, they're the same thing.

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working, I will insist on taking it apart--despite the evidence that it'll cost twice as much or more when the repair person arrives and has to put it back together.

Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it... though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator...

Because I'm a man, there's no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The truth is, it's always either sex, cars, sex, sports or sex, or sex. I have to make up something else when you ask, so please, just don't ask.

Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is okay; I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother, too.

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't. However, if you're feeling amorous afterward, I will certainly remember its title and recommend it to others.

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With or without the belt, looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the year 2006, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, the vacuuming and the dishes. I'll take care of the rest. . . . Like wandering around in the garden with a beer, wondering what to do.

This has been a public service message intended to help women better understand men.

Ok, guys, have I got it now? I'm practicing my demure look, but it doesn't really fit me very well. ;)

Lisa

selenau837

Local time
lmnop7854 said:
Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it... though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator...

Ohh my GAWD. I actually laughed out loud. I saw my neighbor poke her head at me to see what I was laughing at.

That last line is absolutly precious. :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 14:43
Obviously refers to the American males. We in the UK of course are nothing like this.;)

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
You just do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, the vacuuming and the dishes.

You forgot the yard-work :rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
Nope she didn't, she got it right.

Why would I be wandering around the yard when I've got a perfectly good hammock :confused:

R

Rich

Because I'm a man, there's no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The truth is, it's always either sex, cars, sex, sports or sex, or sex.

What else is there worth thinking about? :confused:

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Rich said:
What else is there worth thinking about? :confused:

We women marvel at how you men hold down jobs with that kind of thinking process.:p

Lisa

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
We women marvel at how you men hold down jobs with that kind of thinking process.:p

Lisa

It's called being able to do more than one thing at a time:D

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
My fantastic wife has just brought me some melon to eat, all sliced and afork, as dinner is nearly ready, what a gal!!:)

Brain

selenau837

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
My fantastic wife has just brought me some melon to eat, all sliced and afork, as dinner is nearly ready, what a gal!!:)

Brain

She sounds like a Gem of a wife. Better keep her happy, or else that fork may be in more places than the melon. ;)

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:

Brain
You've taught her well Bri :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom