One Damn Bad Thing After Another... (1 Viewer)

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:40
I lost my dog this morning :( He was a good age but his back legs were away, he couldn't walk in the end and he was suffering so the kindest thing was to put him to sleep. He will be missed dearly :(

Here's a pic of him in his better younger days.

Hay

Attachments

• Ben1.jpg
    Ben1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 166

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Hayley:

So sorry to hear of your loss. What a nice looking dog. I'm sure you will miss him. We have 7 dogs, last year we had to put one to sleep (total was 8 then) and we still miss him. :(

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
My 7 dogs, that's a lot! You become so attached to them, they are just one of the family really.

I hope you are coping ok Friday. My neighbour lost her dad last month and she wasn't going to put any christmas decorations up this year but that's not what he would have wanted. I know it will be difficult for you and your family this christmas but it will get easier.

Take care
Hay

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
My 7 dogs, that's a lot! You become so attached to them, they are just one of the family really.

I hope you are coping ok Friday. My neighbour lost her dad last month and she wasn't going to put any christmas decorations up this year but that's not what he would have wanted. I know it will be difficult for you and your family this christmas but it will get easier.

Take care
Hay

It was originally 9 dogs, several years ago. All in the house in the winter ! But it is fun when you come home from work and there are 7 idiots barking and jumping and just really happy to see you.

Thanks for the kind words, Hay. Yes, christmas will be tough this year, but we all plan to celebrate anyway. Steve would never condone sad behavior for long.

By the way....my youngest is looking at overseas schooling for next year. Some sort of transfer schooling, and one of the schools is in Scotland. What does it cost to rent a space there (I think one of the locations she was looking at was Fife).

R

Rich

Friday said:
one of the schools is in Scotland. What does it cost to rent a space there (I think one of the locations she was looking at was Fife).
Don't go there, the weather's worse than in the rest of the bloody country!:eek:
and they don't have a decent soccer team up there :D

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Don't go there, the weather's worse than in the rest of the bloody country!:eek:

What schools are in your area, Rich?

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:

I don't know, Rich. It shows its supposed to be 54 degrees there today, and its around 15 here...

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 19:40
Friday said:
I don't know, Rich. It shows its supposed to be 54 degrees there today, and its around 15 here...
34 here with 26 chill factor

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 19:40
Rich said:
centigrade? :confused:

1 deg Cent
-3 chill factor
If it was 34 C we would n't use a chill factor we would use a heat index.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Friday said:
By the way....my youngest is looking at overseas schooling for next year. Some sort of transfer schooling, and one of the schools is in Scotland. What does it cost to rent a space there (I think one of the locations she was looking at was Fife).

In Fife area you would be looking in the range of £80 - £110 a week to rent a two bedroomed place (for the least expensive places that is) It's not a bad little area actually, central to a lot of nice places and fine and near the capital.

Hay

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:

I quite agree Rich, the four Fife teams aren't all that what with Cowdenbeath, East Fife, Raith Rovers and Dunfermline being our only hopefuls. One SPL team there though, I do have a soft spot for Raith though and they don't exactly see eye to eye with Dunfermline :eek:

Thank Goodness for The Glasgow Rangers :p :D

Hay

R

Rich

jsanders said:
1 deg Cent
-3 chill factor
If it was 34 C we would n't use a chill factor we would use a heat index.
Oh I see, you were using some ancient measurement, have you still got your abbacus?:confused:

1 deg Cel. is hot, what are you complaining about?:cool:

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
In Fife area you would be looking in the range of £80 - £110 a week to rent a two bedroomed place (for the least expensive places that is) It's not a bad little area actually, central to a lot of nice places and fine and near the capital.

Hay

Is that pounds? or Euros? I'm pretty dense with that stuff. If it's pounds, that comes to $200 a week for rent. I sure hope she finds a cheaper deal (on campus)...:D

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Friday said:
Is that pounds? or Euros? I'm pretty dense with that stuff. If it's pounds, that comes to $200 a week for rent. I sure hope she finds a cheaper deal (on campus)...:D

That's pounds, I hope we never get the Euro but I think it will happen eventually :eek: When is she planning on coming over or is it just an idea at the moment? She ought to come out with Lyns and I, We'll take her out and give her a nice scottish welcome ;)

Hay

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
She ought to come out with Lyns and I, We'll take her out and give her a nice scottish welcome ;)

Hay
Just don't let Lyns drive, Fridays daughter will go back as a nervous wreck:eek: ;)

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Just don't let Lyns drive, Fridays daughter will go back as a nervous wreck:eek: ;)

I have never got back in a car with Lyns again after my first experience :eek: She assures me she's much better now but I'm not convinced. I'd rather not take the chance :p

Hay

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:

That's funny. My daughter just banged her car up this past week.

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
That's pounds, I hope we never get the Euro but I think it will happen eventually :eek: When is she planning on coming over or is it just an idea at the moment? She ought to come out with Lyns and I, We'll take her out and give her a nice scottish welcome ;)

Hay

If she goes, it will probably be Spring 2007. I'm not sure which location will decide on, she wants to go to Scotland, but she can go to Harlaxton cheaper. If she does go, I am planning to visit her at semester break. Maybe I'll get to meet some of the group...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom