Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:35
I generally get only 2-3 hours, and it is broken between 2 to 3 stint of short sleeps.
@vba_php That's impossible! I had a couple of friends who only needed 4 hours per night. It is such a competitive advantage, giving you tons of time to do stuff. Do you mean you do 3 sleeps of 1 hour each time?

@moke123 Did you expect your old avatar to show? Is that what you wanted?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:35
no.
in fact the new one shows in my profile but the old one shows in the forums.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@moke123 Are you using Chrome? Go to this thread, open develop console, right mouse click on reload, choose Empty cache and hard reload. It sets the avatar in the thread to the same as your profile.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 16:35
@vba_php That's impossible! It is such a competitive advantage, giving you tons of time to do stuff. Do you mean you do 3 sleeps of 1 hour each time?
actually no it's not impossible, Jon. If you read the story about Padre Pio over in Italy, he went through something similar where he needed almost no sleep and would constantly be awake through the night (doing what, I have no idea). but it was during those hours that Satan tried to play his tricks on him, but failed because the man was highly educated in spiritual matters. He was also well known for going days on no nourishment other than the eucharist. but that man was the most righteous monestary dweller in history. as far as the number of sleeps I go through, it varies. sometimes 3 times, 1 hour each, sometimes 3 hours in one stint. sometimes i'll take 15 min naps throughout the day, etc...but i won't be able to do this forever you know....

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There is that sleep 4 hours wake 4 hours thing that some people do. Apparently, it drives them nuts! :LOL:

deletedT

Local time
That's impossible! I had a couple of friends who only needed 4 hours per night.

@Jon For the past 13 years, I work 21 hours a day and sleep only 3 hours. I work at two companies from 8AM to 3AM. I normally go to bed at 3:30AM and wake up at 6:00.
I have to pay for my son's university and this life style will continue another year when he's graduated with PHD in physics.

It is such a competitive advantage, giving you tons of time to do stuff.
It only gives me tons of time to work harder :(

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I have to pay for my son's university and this life style will continue another year when he's graduated with PHD in physics.
it is well known, the claim that as we age, we need less sleep. oh my! I hope your son doesn't over think the world's problems like so many researchers do!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Tera That is incredible! I wish I could do that. I need 8 hours per night and an extra half hour to get to sleep! You have 5 hours per day more waking time than me. o_O

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
@moke123 Are you using Chrome? Go to this thread, open develop console, right mouse click on reload, choose Empty cache and hard reload. It sets the avatar in the thread to the same as your profile.
looks like that worked. lets hope it sticks this time.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
@Tera That is incredible! I wish I could do that. I need 8 hours per night and an extra half hour to get to sleep! You have 5 hours per day more waking time than me. o_O
i tend not to believe you Jon. it seems like you're posting around here all the time, night or day.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Just to say I am making progress on multiple fronts, regarding the extra site functionality, caching and so on. I keep the Forum Roadmap sticky up-to-date with a current status for the things I am working on, if anybody is interested.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
@Jon
It didnt stick.
Came home and my avatar was messed up. It had large white area around it.
I've cleared cache, etc. I re-uploaded and the yellow avatar came back.

heres a screenshot of what I'm looking at now.

Capture.JPG

Now I just went to a post to see what was showing and now the avatar to the right is now the yellow one.

3.JPG

Both pics were screenshot while doing this post. I've run out of things to try.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Could be the CDN that caches images for 12 hours.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Does that have to do with the map you showed us? I remember there were a lot of locations East Coast USA.
I'm deleting it and I'll wait till tommorrow to try again.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes. They cache images for 12 hours. Good idea to delete and test again, as you are doing.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Hopefully, today I intend on adding some more site functionality. So, I will have to periodically close the board, but it will only be for short periods.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Next, I hope to have new and improved search. Working on it now.

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I just posted a link and it didn't underline it. Could you set the theme to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom