Removing Password (1 Viewer)

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:46
Hey

Been a while since ive been around here :(

I have an old access database that i made about 4 years ago with some data inside that i need to review only, i cannot remember my password.. Are there any good free options out there? its only 1 database i need to open to get a load of property names out so i dont really want to get into buying a spurious application. I was sure there were a few code samples around but i couldnt find any.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
no idea if they are any good but there are some free downloads out there, just google something like 'access accdb find password'

m_sami9

Local time
Today, 04:46
I have password protected .accdb file and I want to remove or recover the password. Can anybody help me?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:46
I have password protected .accdb file and I want to remove or recover the password. Can anybody help me?
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

I really doubt it. ACCDB password is harder to crack than the old MDB files.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Agree with DBG, but there are websites that claim to be able to do it but require irrefutable proof of ownership. No idea if, once you have paid them, they can deliver.

if this is a backend file and you have a linked front end, you should be able to find the password in the the front end

neuroman9999

Local time
Yesterday, 18:46
more than likely, you could probably do it by manipulating access directly, on an internal basis. It is completely written in ''C'' if I'm not mistaken. But the time it would take to do such a thing would probably yield more frustration than it's worth.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The biggest problem we face on this forum is not always technical. In this specific case, you cannot easily prove to us that this is YOUR database. I'm not accusing anyone of anything but here is the scenario.

Suppose - for the sake of discussion - that you were an unscrupulous person who had stolen a database back-end for the purpose of corporate espionage in order to obtain the world's best egg salad recipe. Not saying you did this, understand, but... if we help you get into that database that you SAID was yours - but it wasn't - then we would be complicit in theft of intellectual property. No one on this forum can do anything other than make suggestions. Anything more than that would open us up to criminal liability. You would have to find the cracker tool and you would have to use it. We can't get involved.

The difficulty is that you can say all you want that the DB is really yours - but the odds are not great that you can easily prove it. In the state of Louisiana, if I helped someone break in, the penalty is 3-5 years in the slammer and a hefty fine PLUS civil liability for damages.

neuroman9999

Local time
In this specific case, you cannot easily prove to us that this is YOUR database.
I've been in countless scenarios on other forums, Richard, where people were so skeptical about what I was doing because of the in-depth nature of the questions I was asking, that literally no one ever responded to me. And of course, that didn't make me very happy. This is always a crapshoot in terms of whether the people asking these types of questions are hackers or not. There's literally no way to know these things. Sometimes it just boils down to who has common sense and who doesn't. Since there literally is and endless amount of information floating around the world, thanks to corporations and their automation tendencies, so many people have no clue what's going on, and thus they become extremely paranoid about what control, if any, they do have over the systems they administer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom