Should the civilian population of all countries be disarmed? (1 Viewer)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:09
Actually we do still have a lot of Americans too... And a lot from TV as well.
Humor/Color etc.... advertisements too.... same stuff.

Humor or Humour.... doesnt matter much, but american and British attempts at it are .... not great...

Not saying Dutch are any good either...
You're watching the wrong programmes:D

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:09
Or .... they are broadcasting the wrong programs...

They beeing the TV Chanels.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Yesterday, 19:09
A couple of things just to throw into the mix.

In previous wars and continued with the 5.56 mm NATO round for the foot soldier, is designed to injure not to kill. The theory is that if you shoot an opponent, they will not die; therefore one of their comrads will stop shooting at you to care for them. Thus you have technically incompacitated two opponents with a single hit; therefore increasing survivalbility of all combatants and increasing the odds of winning said battle.

The country of Switzerland still operates under conscription. Every citizen there has a military weapon in their home. Compare their gun deaths to the US. There is no comparison. This is one reason why, as someone said on this thread and it persists here in the US, that the perpetrator is the victim of his upbringing, family values, etc, etc., NOT the person they commited the crime against. To bad, I am doing society a favor by not letting them spread their DNA around if they try to perp my house. Problem solved.

Even though the law in most states allow people to walk around with a weapon strapped to their leg or back if they wanted - I have a concealed carry license for trips and such. If my home is violated then YES, I will shoot to kill - I am not going to miss trying to aim at a 2 x 2 inch knee cap since I may only have one shot to protect myself and my family. I don't know if the perp is there to simply steal something or to do harm to me or my family. I am not taking any chances just in case it is the latter. They should call the night before and let me know or just stay away. As I was taught by my father, never point a weapon at something without the intention to fire and as I was taught by the military, you will know when to shoot and you will know why.

So for me, no .. no ban on guns. I can't count on the police. At the end of the day, only you can look out for you in life or protecting what is yours. Then again, I just don't like blaming others if things don't go my way.

-dK

statsman

Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
Nah, we sent most of 'em back home years ago................

I heard they left of their own accord.
Got there in December, left in April after 3 sunny days in 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom