The Debates - who won? (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 09:54
I think Dan Quail should run for president. The two current goons running make Dan look like a man of tact, intellect and statesmanship.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:54
Ouch, Col. The worst part of it is that you may be right. But if you are thinking of our former USA Vice President, I believe he is Dan Quayle. At age 73, he is certainly no worse than the other guys in terms of age.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Thanks Doc, and sorry to Dan I spelt his surname wrong - not that he'd mind, if I recall, he couldn't spell 'potato'. If he is 73 though, isn't he too young to be president? Plus, he would have to prove he is totally insane, which I suspect he is far more 'with it' than those two children we saw on TV.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Aha, we are talking about the Catch-22 clause. Only a crazy person would want the job. But if you are crazy enough, you probably won't qualify on the ballot.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:54
Some post debate fallout. Today Lou Dobbs showed a video clip of Mike Wallace, our intrepid and supposedly neutral moderator, asking Donald Trump if he would condemn "White Supremacy" four years ago, the very same question he posed to Trump at the debate. It would have been great for Trump to have responded to Wallace, on live TV, with I answered that question four years ago!" Dobbs pointed out that this was a pointless question where the real purpose was to keep left wing accusations of racism against Trump alive in the media and in the face of the public.

Dobbs also showed other news clips of Trump denouncing racism, in response to other reporter questions, over the past few years. Clearly the left wing media is refusing to acknowledge Trump's responses by repeatedly asking the same vile question over and over again. The reporters must be hard of hearing.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Bakshesh (sic) is the Arabic word for bribe. It was quite common in Kuwait.

I'm not saying that our civil service and police need to be bribed to do their jobs. We haven't fallen into that hole yet. It is our "leaders" who are corrupt. Bill and Hil ran the Clinton foundation collecting money from foreign governments and others seeking influence while she was our Secretary of State even though President Obama specifically told her to shut it down when he appointed her. Apparently, he winked so she knew he didn't mean it and never shut it down. What she did instead is plan ahead on how to avoid the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests by using her own server so she could delete incriminating emails rather than hand them over. And she skated on that because her name is Clinton and no one wanted to charge her for obstructing justice. Then we have Biden's brothers and son feeding at the trough to the tune of millions from foreign actors while he was VP and even before when he was a Senator. WHY does no one in the media seem to care about this? It's not like this is opinion, there are actual money trails. I'm pretty sure there are Republicans doing the same thing. They just aren't in the news this week.

Wallace operated true to form with asking Trump the "when did you stop beating your wife" questions and never questioning Biden about anything even similar. Talk about unfair!!

Maybe Trump should wear an earwig during the next debate so his minders can tell him when to just stop interrupting since he obviously missed the clues. I was sitting in my chair yelling at him to shut up and let Joe hang himself but he didn't hear me :(.

The reporters must be hard of hearing.
No. They're using the Goebbels tactic of just repeat the lie until it becomes common knowledge and every one believes it. Charlottesville -- is still used as a dog whistle. Who cares what the second half of a sentence is!!!! If it doesn't fit the narrative, just cut the quote before it is clarified.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Maybe Trump should wear an earwig during the next debate so his minders can tell him when to just stop interrupting since he obviously missed the clues. I was sitting in my chair yelling at him to shut up and let Joe hang himself but he didn't hear me :(.
Same here. Trumps interruptions were extremely irritating. Biden might have hung himself if Trump had allowed him ramble on into nonsense.

No. They're using the Goebbels tactic of just repeat the lie until it becomes common knowledge and every one believes it. Charlottesville -- is still used as a dog whistle. Who cares what the second half of a sentence is!!!! If it doesn't fit the narrative, just cut the quote before it is clarified.
Well, my attempt at sarcasm obviously failed. Should have added an emoji for it: 😉

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
1601600850908.png

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:54
Yeah he had to debate Chris Wallace Joe Biden and the fake news. :p

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The original YouTube video posted was removed. Fortunately a replacement has been posted. Unfortunately, this second video has been "disappeared".
Video unavailable
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Wallace should publicly criticized by Fox over this. He was supposed to be fair and he was not even close to fair. It was a disgusting display of partisanship but hardly unexpected.

Lou is another talking head that I frequently tell to shut up. He talks over his guests way too much. He's actually the reason I stopped watching CNN years ago. They fired him, he moved to Fox and so did I.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Now that the dopey Orangeman and his widow-in-waiting have tested positive for the virus, what happens now to the campaign? Does Biden win by default?
Mind you, I'm not surprised he got it after seeing the total disregard for social distancing and masks that the US people seem to do - an example is that rally earlier this week.
I'm guessing he'll ignore it as seems the norm in the USA. After all, he did say the virus was fake news back in March.
Do you think the US people will accept that the virus is real? Or will people carry on as normal because wearing a mask or social distancing violates their democratic rights. Which of course is far more important .
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Col, as long as DJT doesn't get the bad level of reaction to COVID-19, it changes nothing politically. Whether it changes his viewpoint on the virus? Can't tell you. My fortune-telling license was suspended last week. Didn't see THAT coming. ;)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:54
It won't change anything, unless he becomes gravely ill or worse. (Sorry to be blunt, but that's the fact).
We're a couple months from having a vaccine, & until then not much else to do ... Time to move on to other issues, unless you're just too nostalgic to do so.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Risk of death for 74 year old male with Covid is 1 in 9.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
On the news today, there are some Americans that are saying because Trump did badly in the debate, he is now playing the sympathy card to attract more votes.
Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom