Well Well Well (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 12:46
Does anyone else besides me want to see some restraint exhibited on this Political forum or is degeneration past all conscience going to be its dying call?

I have lamented on several occasions the resource being squandered here.

And could someone explain to me why every thread turns into a rant about America or Christianity.

And why is it acceptable to attack ones culture and blame them personally for the worlds woes, but not to attack their person.

Anyway that’s my question/statement.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 11:46
jsanders said:
Does anyone else besides me want to see some restraint exhibited on this Political forum or is degeneration past all conscience going to be its dying call?

And could someone explain to me why every thread turns into a rant about America or Christianity.

And why is it acceptable to attack ones culture and blame them personally for the worlds woes, but not to attack their person.

I've been wondering that for a long time. They've already killed the Watercooler, now this forum is on it's way. :rolleyes:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:46
jsanders said:

Don't know that I can actually answer the questions you have presented but I would like to echo what you are saying. I do not understand why disagreeing agreeably is not acceptable. I have seen enough of yours, as well as others, post to know that my opinions on a number of topics do not agree with yours but I can not see any reason to turn those disagreements into comments about you or where your born and most especially to attack things that are important to you. I do not understand the necessity of tearing down something you believe in just because I don't. Why can't a friendly debate be arrived at rather than a bashing?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'd love to see a place where topics could be discussed without all the crud. I thought this was supposed to be that place, leaving the other stuff in the cooler. Certain people bring that stuff over here, ruining it here too. My guess is that this thread won't last an hour before it starts here too.

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
pbaldy said:
I'd love to see a place where topics could be discussed without all the crud. I thought this was supposed to be that place, leaving the other stuff in the cooler. Certain people bring that stuff over here, ruining it here too. My guess is that this thread won't last an hour before it starts here too.

Isn't that sort of pessimism just typical of people whose Usernames begin with the letter 'P'? JOKING, HONEST! :D

Seriously, it has gotten more than a bit tedious. I used to enjoy the conversations here and even looked forward to learning a thing or two outside of VBA, but lately the posts are harder and harder to wade through.

I get into work and see that some thread I saw the start of has gone from 1 page to 6, but when I start reading the posts are on par with:

"You smell"
"No I don't, YOU do"
"Your whole country smells"
etc.

For page after page.

Like you say, sad as it is, I can't see an end coming to it any time soon.:(

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 11:46
Matt Greatorex said:
Isn't that sort of pessimism just typical of people whose Usernames begin with the letter 'P'? JOKING, HONEST! :D

Seriously, it has gotten more than a bit tedious. I used to enjoy the conversations here and even looked forward to learning a thing or two outside of VBA, but lately the posts are harder and harder to wade through.

I get into work and see that some thread I saw the start of has gone from 1 page to 6, but when I start reading the posts are on par with:

"You smell"
"No I don't, YOU do"
"Your whole country smells"
etc.

For page after page.

I agree. I go through periods where I don't really post much at all because I get tired of wading through all the BS.

Matt Greatorex said:
Like you say, sad as it is, I can't see an end coming to it any time soon.:(

It's doubtful. I guess some people just like to complain about everything and think they are "educating" others. :(

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
It's almost Monty-Python-esque:
<Brit>
I come to show you the way to the Holy Grail!

<American>
I blow my nose at you...and all your seely Eeeengleesh Ka-Niggets!!

<Brit>
Ni! Ni!

<American>
Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm

<Brit>
A horrible death awaits you with great, big, nasty, pointed teeth
:D

But jokes aside, I would like to see a little more honest communication instead of the drudgery that is becoming the norm...:(

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:46
Bodisathva said:
It's almost Monty-Python-esque:

OMG, that is one of the funniest films ever :D

Probably one of the funniest lines in comedy...

EDIT: I would make a comment on the topic in hand but it's all been said a thousand times before :(

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
dan-cat said:
OMG, that is one of the funniest films ever :D

Probably one of the funniest lines in comedy...

EDIT: I would make a comment on the topic in hand but it's all been said a thousand times before :(

That scene reminds me of the futility of trying to have discussion with some people (which of course, is why you posted it).

It's just a flesh wound!

R

Rich

jsanders said:
That scene reminds me of the futility of trying to have discussion with some people (which of course, is why you posted it).

It's just a flesh wound!
You know what we call Americans like you (or anyone else for that matter) big head. If you don't want your theories challenged on how grateful we should be to the mighty Us then don't post them to start with:rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
You know what we call Americans like you (or anyone else for that matter) big head. If you don't want your theories challenged on how grateful we should be to the mighty Us then don't post them to start with:rolleyes:

That’s pretty much the post I would have expected.

Do you really think that big headed Americans actually think you should be grateful to us?

R

Rich

jsanders said:
So then you say that I personally think you owe us?
Not any more, I think the last payment of our "war debt" to America was made very recently, now we can cast off the shackles

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Not any more, I think the last payment of our "war debt" to America was made very recently, now we can cast off the shackles

The funny thing is that on this planet there is probably no greater allies then the English speaking countries.

Can you think of any four countries that have had less conflict with each other, than Canada, Great Britain, Australia, and the United States?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
pbaldy said:
My guess is that this thread won't last an hour before it starts here too.

I was wrong. It was closer to 2. Mea culpa.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:46
jsanders said:
The funny thing is that on this planet there is probably no greater allies then the English speaking countries.

Can you think of any four countries that have had less conflict with each other, than Canada, Great Britain, Australia, and the United States?

Our Stats would look better if we cut out the US where its Won none Drawn one Lost one.

brian

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
And further more; if it all does go in the crapper.

I would like nothing better than to have the Britts standing shoulder to shoulder with us again.

Truthfully I think the vast majority of Americans love the British and never even knew about or cared about any debt..

As I said before some of my family went over during WWII and fought for the British before the rest of America.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Our Stats would look better if we cut out the US where its Won none Drawn one Lost one.

brian

I meant with each other Brian. Surely we have been in many conflicts with others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom