Well Well Well (1 Viewer)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:54
I suppose, in my attempt to not direct my comments to anyone personally, I became as guilty as others by blanketing my comments to a specific nationality...sorry Brian.:eek:

Surely you understood the Hamster/Elderberries reference?:confused:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 06:54
Bodisathva said:
I suppose, in my attempt to not direct my comments to anyone personally, I became as guilty as others by blanketing my comments to a specific nationality...sorry Brian.:eek:

Surely you understood the Hamster/Elderberries reference?:confused:

Actually I thought it was a bit of fun, but that the Mark Twain quote was rubbish, so no apology nescessary, and I'm ignorant on the Hamster/Elderberries reference - sorry.

Brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Actually I thought it was a bit of fun, but that the Mark Twain quote was rubbish, so no apology nescessary, and I'm ignorant on the Hamster/Elderberries reference - sorry.

Brian
ahhh...you really should watch Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail:D

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
The picture was a clue

(I can't do references - check Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I'll log it as a to do, see if I can sneek it into the bosses list :D

Brian

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I'll log it as a to do, see if I can sneek it into the bosses list :D

Brian

It's a definet "must see" i learned everything I know about the British from that movie.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
jsanders said:
It's a definet "must see" i learned everything I know about the British from that movie.

Ahh, a fantasy tale then :D

brian

R

Rich

FoFa said:
GOOGLE:confused:
Rich, you have sunk to a new low.
Google is a search engine, not a reference.

Um Mr. Google, can you help me for a minute please, can you tell me.....

Oh, guru Google, can you please enlighten us in the wisdom of the ages....

Using internet search engine Google can help doctors diagnose tricky cases, researchers have said.

Dr Hangwi Tang, of the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane, explained the study from the New England Journal of Medicine.

If it's good enough for them it's good enough for me

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
Google does suggest that you look ar WW2 when you put in WW11 , but does show results for WW11, probably recognise how widespread the ignorance is.

brian
It's my mothers fault, now I'll sue her for not sending me to the same school as you

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
I looked in this morning and it’s become the norm; hardly anyone is here.

It just entirely too hostile.

I had hoped this thread would help us all (Rich and Col) work out our problems. It looks like Col has tried to turn it down a bit, and Rich gave the appearance for a few days.

Well Rich I hope you’re happy, not many people want to come here and play anymore.

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
jsanders said:
I looked in this morning and it’s become the norm hardly anyone is here.

It just entirely too hostile.

I had hoped this thread would help us all (Rich and Col) work out our problems. It looks like Col has tried to turn it down a bit, and Rich gave the appearance for a few days.

Well Rich I hope you’re happy, not many people want to come here and play anymore.

Then you get those who like to dish it out but can't take it. 'Oh deary me, now you've gotten personal'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 07:54
nikkypickles said:
The picture was a clue

(I can't do references - check Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

I know it doesn't make sense, but couldn't resist this one : :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
Then you get those who like to dish it out but can't take it. 'Oh deary me, now you've gotten personal'. :rolleyes:

I'd like to tell a true story if I may :)

I knew two people who were great buddies. They had this long-running joke that both of their mothers were a bit ... touched :p So each time they saw each other, they had to make a light-hearted remark about the broomstick that the other had bought for their mother or a new ouija board etc etc. Well as the joke wore on, the comments got gradually more and more barbed because well, using the same one-liner just isn't very funny.

This went on for ages until one day one of them said something like the town would be a better place without the other's mother. They haven't spoken to each other since. :(

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
Then you get those who like to dish it out but can't take it.
Don't talk about your fellow countrymen like that, you'll get branded as anti-American

KenHigg

Local time
dan-cat said:
I'd like to tell a true story if I may :)

I knew two people who were great buddies. They had this long-running joke that both of their mothers were a bit ... touched :p So each time they saw each other, they had to make a light-hearted remark about the broomstick that the other had bought for their mother or a new ouija board etc etc. Well as the joke wore on, the comments got gradually more and more barbed because well, using the same one-liner just isn't very funny.

This went on for ages until one day one of them said something like the town would be a better place without the other's mother. They haven't spoken to each other since. :(

So what if one guy told the other that things were getting a little brash and the other guy kept making the negative remarks? Should the first guy simply ignore the them?

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 07:54
dan-cat said:
Well as the joke wore on, the comments got gradually more and more barbed because well, using the same one-liner just isn't very funny.

KenHigg said:
So what if one guy told the other that things were getting a little brash and the other guy kept making the negative remarks? Should the first guy simply ignore the them?

Looks like the ongoing joke is based on a trauma. To avoid situations were two or more people relationships might crash, I would suggest to cut out the trauma first ( Therapy or so ?). As an alternative you might change the subject of the joke, which will refresh the situation temporarely, but wil not lift the sting of the "wall" between the two parties.

Just my 2 € cts

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:

I don't know, all I know is that the one guy wanted out of the situation while the other was quite happy with it.

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
How can you comment if they're not your friends?:confused:

R

Rich

Josephine said:
Here I am again Bashing Richie Boy personally.

That's right Richard, this comment is directed at you, and you alone. Because I have listened to all of the other Brits, Europeans, Australians, and the rest, to know they are a fairly open minded group

With one exception.

You.

So I'm thinking that maybe tomorrow you might prove me wrong.

I think you're a shallow minded, bitter old man with nothing better to do in your life than dream about former British glory. And furthermore if you had a single gram of honor you would admit that you do this out of spite and jealousy.

Now I know nothing of the sort will be forthcoming; so I offer a compromise. Just try to refrain from bashing Americans or Christians for one miserable little day.

I'm sure everyone here would appreciate it.

For everyone else; I apologize for attacking Rich personally.

But not enough to take it back.

I wonder why this post was deleted and Americans say they're the most polite people on the forum:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom