White Lives Don't Matter - apparently (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:34
Furthermore they did not initiate any offensive actions against the protesters. So they were letting the protesters protest.

Somebody raises a weapon in my general direction qualifies as an offensive action.

gun.JPG

Another video shared on Twitter that has now been made unavailable showed Patty McCloskey holding her gun straight at passing protesters, one wearing a T-shirt that read, “Hands up, don’t shoot.”

Technically that may qualify as grounds to shoot her first.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think we're missing context here. There is a person waving a sign - we don't know what it says. He is also shouting something about white power but it is not clear. Then the man driving the golf cart responds with - yes white power and waves his arm.

This issue really is, why does the left always assume the worst of Trump? Trump isn't subtle and he says dumb things that might have multiple interpretations if you are a racist. If you, yourself are not a racist, you probably don't think Trump is either. Trump is not a politician and although he is learning, he still doesn't get it that people will misinterpret him whenever it suits their narrative. He has gotten better when he is speaking but he is still leaving himself wide open on twitter. How do people KNOW WITH CERTAINTY!!!! that Trump is promoting the "white power"remark rather than the parade. Since the "white power" was in response to something the opposition said, I wouldn't give it any credibility at all. Of course, if the left ever got their panties in a twist over some of the stupid stuff that Biden says, I might have some sympathy. But they are quite willing to overlook the many racist things that Biden has said over the years. They NEVER call him a racist (except for Kamala Harris in the debates) You should also listen to Biden when he's talking to a largely African American audience and when he's talking to a more mixed audience. That alone would be so insulting to me as a person of color that I would never even consider voting for him. Hillary did the same thing. She got her southern accent on and her hot sauce out of her purse when needed to pander to her audience. She also slips into Ebonics which she did not grow up speaking. At least she probably grew up with a southern accent and trained it away when she got to the big times. I don't think people from Maryland speak with the same southern accent Biden uses when he is pandering and people who speak "standard" English actually cringe at the use of the slang word "ain't". Politicians seem to retain the accent of their birthplace, probably to seem like one of their constituents. I grew up in Connecticut so my accent naturally flips between New York and Boston. I lived in Tennessee for two years and to this day when I speak with friends who have southern accents, I just lapse into mine. Y'all come back now, y'hear:) I also lived in Kuwait for a year. That's where I picked up my British accent. I am very susceptible to accents.

Question to our UK folks,
Can you tell what part of the US a person is from by listening to him speak? Most people in broadcasting have weaned themselves of their accents and speak "standard" American English. There are four distinct regional dialects in the US as well as "standard". Down East (upper eastern part of New England, it gets more pronounced the further north from Boston you go), Southern (Texas and east along the lower and middle tier of states except Florida which is all immigrants from other states and so locals don't seem to have a southern accent), upper MidWest and the ever popular New York/New Jersey spoken by gangsters in movies. This dialect is heavily influenced by Italian and Yiddish and use a great deal of Yiddish slang. There are lots more differences but "Chicago" is standard US English. African-American inner city people speak "Ebonics" which combines attributes of the southern accent with grammar from some African languages so it tends to sound illiterate to standard English speakers. Blacks growing up in the south speak with a southern accent and blacks growing up in other parts of the US outside of the big, Democrat run, inner city ghettos speak "standard" US English.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
My gun stays hidden even when I feel I'm in a bad situation which happens often.
Really? Maybe you should stay out of bad neighborhoods or bars prone to brawls.

Regarding the people pointing the guns at the protesters. I agree with Moke. Don't ever point a gun at someone unless you intend to use it. Standing outside holding guns pointed down would have been fine. After all, the protesters did break into their gated community and the protests had been violent so far.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Some of us have to do the dirty work others are afraid of.
Does that mean that you are an illegal immigrant :giggle: Take care when you are in bad neighborhoods. Some of us appreciate what you do whatever it is.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:34
I am one of those rarities whose accent does not correctly reveal my origins. People who hear me ask where I was born. (Answ: New Orleans, uptown district because that's where Mom's OB/GYN did her hospital rounds.) Then they ask me where I grew up. (Answ: Suburban New Orleans). Then they ask about my family. (Dad's family was from Georgia, Mom's was from Alabama.) Then they say, "You don't sound like a Southerner." At which point I break into a central Alabama accent followed by a Cajun accent. (Learned Cajun from wife's family - she IS Cajun.)

The trick is, I learned a neutral accent because I was a latch-key kid who watched TV when I came home. At the time, all of the TV shows were careful to avoid people with heavy accents. You learn from the people you hear, and I heard central USA accents on TV news.

Now, however, you hear more regional accents on TV and that will propagate pretty far, I'm sure.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:34
Hmm. The couple were clearly not attacked and there is nothing to indicate that they had reason to be in fear of their lives.
I would therefore state that the slant placed on this story is 'a biased viewpoint'
this is incorrect. According to their testimony, they were threatened several times and their neighborhood had been broken into. Why wouldn't they feel threatened? if I were them, what I would have done differently is the pointing. I might have just held it at my side. There is nothing particularly objectionable about them having come outside, So they could be aware of what was or wasn't happening around then versus waiting until somebody crashed through the window. But if I were them I wouldn't have pointed the weapon at anybody, I'll admit that.

With regards to Trump and the video he tweeted, is it appropriate for people to be tweeting videos of protests that contain acts of violence, lawlessness, or racism? is it inappropriate to tweet or report on videos that contain objectionable content?

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
this is incorrect. According to their testimony,
First, they have not testified. Testimony is under oath and carries consequences for lying. They made statements themselves and through the attorney they hired to represent them. They are under investigation for what they did and may very well be charged. They may also very well be brought before the bar of overseers and lose their licenses to practice law.

Here's a link to a local news report. https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-...cle_afbb1b2c-b98e-11ea-ba7e-b3452007bfc8.html I suggest you watch the video portion.

I find it most telling that the mccloskeys claim the gate was broken into and someone posted a picture of the broken gate however video of the protesters entering shows them simply opening the gate.

Another telling statement:
The McCloskeys hired attorney Al Watkins to represent them, and Watkins said the couple grabbed their weapons after the threats were made.

However in an interview with News 4 Monday, McCloskey said he and his wife grabbed their weapons as the crowd was walking toward their home, not after being threatened.

"Uh, the threats happened probably after we got the guns," he said.

and:
Mark said they called 911 and grabbed their guns as they heard the crowd approaching their private, gated community on Portland Place. However, police told News for they received no 911 calls from that street during the time of the incident.

They know they F**Ked up and they're attempting damage control.

And before you argue that the protesters were trespassing on a private street I can attest that any unlikely charges for that would not survive a motion to dismiss. Just because a street says private or no tresspassing does not mean you can not enter. Someone walking on to your property does not neccessarily mean they have trespassed. An example may be a delivery person, a mail man, or a process server coming to serve you. There are exceptions where someone traversing a walkway leading to your door is not trespassing in an illegal manner. There is no indication that the protesters entered upon their property.

With regards to Trump and the video he tweeted, is it appropriate for people to be tweeting videos of protests that contain acts of violence, lawlessness, or racism? is it inappropriate to tweet or report on videos that contain objectionable content?
No its not inappropriate for people to do it but it is stupid for Trump to do it. If you were repeatedly accused of being a pedophile would it be appropriate for you to hang around the playground with a big bag of candy and a puppy? NO, it would just be stupid.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I can understand them though. People are getting sick of the violence destruction and looting. That pain and frustration and fear that it will happen to them eventually shows.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Semantics, if they were persons of color we would instinctively side with them. Especially framed in a different light, fear is fear the fact they are white we can safely throw them under the bus. After all they must be Trump supporters.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Semantics, if they were persons of color we would instinctively side with them.
Agreed. Anything you can do (or not been able to have done) that can possibly be excused (or blamed) on your skin color, that is the name of the game.
People have seen burning of buildings, beatings, killings, mass destruction, shootings of cops, bullying of people in cars blocking them making them wonder when something is coming through the window, total and utter lawlessness in the name of "protesting", and they're sick of wondering if they will be next. The McCloskey's may have gone too far - specifically, they may get in trouble for felony brandishing. But hey, if liberal prosecutors have released thousands of arrested protestors, choosing not to prosecute them for political reasons, then I suppose we can let the McCloskey's off this once.

From an article about one woman's harrowing ordeal:

A woman called Tara Durant took her young daughter on errands downtown. As the two tried to drive home, a mob surrounded their vehicle and blocked it from moving. Several people jumped on Durant's car and screamed obscenities at her child. Terrified, Tara Durant called 911. And here's the response she got:

Tara Durant: They are on my car, alright? They are my car right now!

911 Dispatcher: But we would suggest you slowly drive through the area. Don't hit anyone with your vehicle.

Durant: I can't. I cannot get out of here, okay?

Dispatcher: Please be patient. I'll let the officers know, okay?

Durant: Are you serious? You guys have not --

Dispatcher: We can't do anything, ma'am. The city told us that this is a sanctioned event.

Durant: Get out of my car.! You know, this is going to get dangerous. I've got a kid here.

Dispatcher: Yes, ma'am. We would suggest you call up city hall to let them know about your frustrations.

Durant: Get out of the way! Get out of the way! This is getting scary. They're on my car! They're on my car! And I've got a little girl in the car crying. Are you kidding me?

"They're on my car! They are on my car!" "Ma'am," comes the reply. "We would suggest you call up city hall to let them know about your frustrations." Those are verbatim quotes. It's hard to listen to that tape without feeling emotional

The nice thing is that these bully mobs who are terrorizing neighborhoods have another 4-5 mo. to continue making complete a-holes of themselves. By then likely a lot of people will be sick of it. And the conversation may become balanced again.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
From an article about one woman's harrowing ordeal:
Listen to her interview. She sounds like a Karen, pissed off because she couldn't take her usual route home. The interview is interesting because the interviewer says they are Antifa but they were just a local group who protest often. They walk in a square in the crosswalks blocking traffic but let cars through every so often.

Heres the interview with the 911 call https://soundcloud.com/1070wina%2Fthe-schilling-show-62520-tara-durant-neil-williamson local news article https://potomaclocal.com/2020/06/27...es-911-call-protestors-cancel-sunday-marches/
the groups twitter https://twitter.com/fxbgaac

My 2 aunts are almost 90 years old and protest all the time. They are both ex-nuns. Cant wait to tell them they're now antifa.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
They walk in a square in the crosswalks blocking traffic but let cars through every so often
How generous of them to let cars through the street every so often!
Then the next place they should go is jail.
You might as well quit defending people who are breaking the law and blocking streets and terrifying passengers. It just sounds foolish.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
How generous of them to let cars through the street every so often!
Then the next place they should go is jail.
I often felt that way when they closed streets for the festival of San Genaro in lower Manhatten.

Like it or not, peaceful protests are not illegal no matter how inconvenienced you are. (Entering a crosswalk with a pedestrian in it is by the way)

Not to worry though, looks like the anarchy is ending, according to this local article https://potomaclocal.com/2020/06/30...-traffic-enforcement-after-weeks-of-protests/

After weeks of protests, and garnering national attention on the Fox News Channel, Fredericksburg officials announced things would return to normal on its streets.

Starting July 6, city police will no longer allow protesters to stand in city streets, impeding traffic.

A statement from the city reads:

The City, starting at 12:01 a.m. Monday, July 6, 2020, will be enforcing traffic-safety laws Citywide after three weeks of altered traffic management during a time that allowed spontaneous demonstrations to occur. For the safety of all, police will inform all demonstrators who are protesting without an approved permit in the streets that they are violating traffic-safety laws and thus could be subject to a citation. Those who continue to protest in the street without an approved permit could be issued a traffic citation.
The move comes after weeks of protests organized by supporters of Black Lives Matter. On June 13, a woman with a small child inside of her car called 911 report protesters that were blocking the street, and that they were touching her car.

And to be clear I'm not defending those that are burning buildings and toppling statues. I just dont impugn the integrity of a whole group due to the acts of a few. I support the rights of responsible protesters just as much as I support the rights of responsible gun owners, even if I dont support their particular cause.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:34
Like it or not, peaceful protests are not illegal no matter how inconvenienced you are.

Living in Newbury we were exposed to some peaceful protesting, first, against the American Air Base at Greenham Common and second time was against the Newbury bypass.

There was a guy living in a tree on the bypass route name of "swampy" - a complete idiot! However, I defend his right to protest whatever idiocy it appears to be, you never know when you will want the right to protest yourself.

It's not what you protest about, it's about the right to protest. That is the important distinction, and that is the most valuable thing in a democracy. You must not let "them" undermine that with their sneaky laws, designed to take away rights...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
This what passes for peaceful protesting in the USA. The local paper said he was roughed up.
Same people who protest by breaking windows and sitting fires. All in full view of the police.

Far more instances of out of control left wingers than the random couple protecting their property. So please spare us the anti 2nd amendment dribble, it's starting to sound hollow.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
They are under investigation for what they did and may very well be charged. They may also very well be brought before the bar of overseers and lose their licenses to practice law.
What is wrong with this picture? The victim is now the criminal. The victims are going to be prosecuted but the criminals go free?????? The homeowners watched as the mob tore down the gate to their community!!!!!!!!!!!! What were they supposed to do? Cower in the corner like a Republican member of Congress?

I often felt that way when they closed streets for the festival of San Genaro in lower Manhattan.
I'll bet the people organizing the parade actually had a permit from the city allowing them to disrupt traffic for some period of time. The marchers probably didn't harass the bystanders either. Blocking intersections and banging your fists on peoples cars to terrify the occupants is quite something else and those people belong in jail. They are not protesting. They are rioting. They are a mob. They are terrorists!

Please people. Put yourself in that car with your child in the back seat. 911 is telling you to call the mayor!!!!! Put yourself in the homeowner's situation. 911 doesn't bring the police. The private community guards are MIA. The mob breaks down the gate to your community. Are you going to get your guns out? If you don't currently own a gun, are you at least thinking about buying some? The police are no longer our protectors. They are now neutral observers. They'll probably call an ambulance for you after the mob takes you down but that's it.

We are getting a preview of the coming Marxist revolution that the radical Democrats are pushing. The old school Democrats are also hunkered down in a corner hiding with the Republicans because even they are afraid to speak out because they know that the revolution eats its own..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom