Yet Another Duplex Printing Problem! (1 Viewer)

jepoysaipan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:57
Hi Guys,

Attached is a DB created on A2K3, I was creating a report with 6 records in a sheet of paper (everything works well) now the problem is, I wanted to create a note on every every record printed on the back of it, the reason for that is that when the user prints a batch of records it will print the front page (records of 6) and then go into duplex mode and print the notes on the back of it.

The printer I am using has auto duplex support so there's no problem on the hardware side, the big one is the Report design.

I think its possible and I am hoping someone can share their solutions on this problem.

Thanks again guys!

Jeff

Attachments

• duplex.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 116

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
nice and easy ...
first put a page break in at the end of your first page
now carry on with what ever info you want on the back

- as to the printer set up - this depends on your printer

some dup pritner are a bit messy - as they print the 2 page first then the first page and if yu have log paper in this can be a bitch - because when it normally prints it does n't mess around

you may need to set the report print set up (open up d/b ) click onthe report once - and go to file page set up and tweak it there - it should do this just for this one report

jepoysaipan

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Gary,

I appreciate you help, I did that and it does print, but only one record per sheet of paper, my target is to print 5 records per sheet then prints the back part.

Any other idea?

Thanks a lot.

GaryPanic

Local time
Hmmmm you could putth einformation inthe report header and footer
but it dose depend upon how many recods fine- its only going to be a couple - however if it grows then your stuffed

jepoysaipan

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Gary,

Others have suggested that kind of route, but the info. at the back of every information is the same size of the detail section, the design was to be an I.D. card and the info. behind are some rules & regs of the office which is kinda lengthy in a way.

I already suggested that those info. should be on the footer but didn't get through, they wanted it on the back, right now my solution was to print all the back info. and then turn the paper and then print the actual records. It look stupid but that's the only option I have so far.

Hope someone here care to help.

Thanks.

GaryPanic

Local time
hmm i have an idea of how it could work -print off the first page - measure the layout now put the page break in and put a manual text box in the same location on the second page - this is a messy way of doing this

so if your id card is 4 by 3 inches make the text box on the back 4*3- now it just a case of placing this in the right location measure down fromt he top and sides ...

there must be a better way of doing this - i can half think one one - but not enough to describe in logical way - and it would probably be longer than the suggeted way above

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom