Ukraine (1 Viewer)

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:55
If the world hasn't been burnt to a crisp by nuclear war first.

There is an election in November of this year. It is what we call a "mid-term" since it is halfway between presidential election cycles. Every member of the House of Representatives serves two year terms so 100% of the House members are up for reelection in November. The Democrats have only a very small majority 222-212 in the House,
How well can the house of reps influence the executive, in my home country, the house of rep is more vibrant than the upper chamber, and they have in the past helped to make positive changes to Government.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 01:55
i don't even know why the war started. why does russia have an interest in ukraine, anyway? someone want to enlighten me?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
i don't even know why the war started. why does russia have an interest in ukraine, anyway? someone want to enlighten me?

Ukraine was showing interest in becoming a nato member and Russians are not keen on that idea? Or the Russians are looking for dirt on Hillary and Hunter to help Trump in 2024

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:55
Why would the US Govt leave behind such an amount of weapons, these weapons if it falls into wrong hands can lead to more war and instability in Afghanistan.
The obvious answer is corruption. He was paid to do it. No one could be that incompetent. Someone had to tell Biden that removing soldiers BEFORE you secure your material and remove civilians is backwards. I'm pretty sure a 12 year old could have come up with a better plan for an graceful exit from Afghanistan. Only a total idiot would believe that you should just pull out soldiers and leave weapons to the enemy and civilians to fend for themselves and yet that is exactly what Biden did. It boggles the mind. It was so outrageous that the UK Parliament sanctioned Biden. He put all the countries in the region in danger by arming the Taliban with the latest and greatest weapons and lots of ammo to go with the guns.

Or the Russians are looking for dirt on Hillary and Hunter to help Trump in 2024
Why do you think Putin wants Trump back? Do you actually think he would have invaded Ukraine if Trump were still in office? Seems like it was Hillary who was working with the Russians to get dirt on Trump. You might want to review some of the recent Durham incitements.. OR are you referring to the joke Trump made about Russia finding the emails Hillary deleted from her server? No one with half a brain would think this was anything but a joke unless of course they suffered from TDS.

Regarding voting integrity, the Democrats are succeeding in corrupting the system permanently. Nevada recently passed a law that lets them start counting mail in ballots three weeks ahead of the election. This gives them ample opportunity to manufacture needed votes if they feel they are going to loose. And the count can continue for three weeks after.

When the country was founded and people had one day to vote and might have needed to travel miles on foot or horseback to do it, we seem to have been able to conduct free and fair elections and count within 24 hours. Now, when we can vote by mail or vote early in person all we have done is open the opportunity for corruption to creep in. Your guy is losing. No problem. Just manufacture more ballots. They aren't numbered. No one keeps track of how many got mailed out so they can't reconcile the incoming count. No one bothers to tell us how many voters are registered and ensure that we don't accept more votes than we have registered voters. It only takes a few people in a few key precincts to swing an election. Just look at 2020. In a country of over 300 million people with 158 million votes cast, fewer than 20,000 votes in 6 precincts was enough for Biden to win. Those 6 precincts strangely enough all stopped counting around 10 PM on the night of the election with Trump having a solid lead. Then a miracle happened. In the morning when the counts "restarted" Biden took the lead.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
FB_IMG_1645932084664.jpg

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
The obvious answer is corruption. He was paid to do it. No one could be that incompetent. Someone had to tell Biden that removing soldiers BEFORE you secure your material and remove civilians is backwards. I'm pretty sure a 12 year old could have come up with a better plan for an graceful exit from Afghanistan. Only a total idiot would believe that you should just pull out soldiers and leave weapons to the enemy and civilians to fend for themselves and yet that is exactly what Biden did. It boggles the mind. It was so outrageous that the UK Parliament sanctioned Biden. He put all the countries in the region in danger by arming the Taliban with the latest and greatest weapons and lots of ammo to go with the guns.
So this brings me to the question, what are the grounds for impeaching a US President?

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
I will say, Russia is still not happy with the breakup of USSR, Ukraine is just a test water for them to take back other countries that were formed due to the dissolution of USSR.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Probability Zero, but worth tossing in. When will the chest thumping climate activists, like John Kerry or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, actually do something beyond screaming useless rhetoric and put their lives-on-line by going to Moscow and publicly demanding that Putin immediately stop all the environmental damage his is inflicting?
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
So this brings me to the question, what are the grounds for impeaching a US President?
The grounds for impeachment can be vague and subjective based on the phrase "other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".
Theoretically, impeachment would be a Congressional action of "last resort" to discipline a wayward President. However, the Democrats have made a mockery of "impeachment", blatantly using it as a political instrument to implement a "coup" to oust Trump from office without any valid documentation that "other high Crimes and Misdemeanors" had actually occurred.

Also note how the concept of "impeachment" has been diluted by the Democrats and the media who have successfully motivated the public mob to essentially lynch Trump. Contrast this with Biden who has and continues to violate US immigration laws, yet the media and the Democrats suppress this truth. Silence. That is not the equal application of "justice" within the context of "other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We won't be able to prove Biden took a bribe to arm the Talliban and profited personally, that crime would need to be pursued as incompetence. The job of the executive branch (the presidency) is to enforce the laws made by Congress. Choosing which laws to enforce and which to ignore violates that sacred trust. That is the condition on our southern border. He also does things like declaring that the next justice he appoints to the Supreme Court will be a black woman. This is of course an outright violation of our employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race and sex. He just should have shut his mouth instead of using this as a campaign promise. WHO CARES what color a person's skin is? WHO CARES what their genitalia look like? Neither have anything to do with anything let alone interpreting the law. The message this kind of announcement sends is downright evil. If I were a black woman, If I had any integrity or self respect, I would never accept a job that was only offered because I checked the right boxes. As a woman, I have faced my fair share of discrimination. I was once offered a job because I was a woman and the company had really poor EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) stats so they really needed to hire a female manager. Of course I didn't know it at the time because I was qualified for the position but my boss had been pressured into hiring me and although he never came out and told me that he was pressured into choosing me, he treated me with such distain and disrespect it was a toxic work environment and I left within three months because as it turns out, I was working on their new HR (Human Resources) system so I was privy to the the HR stats and not being stupid, figured out why my boss hated me so.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
We won't be able to prove Biden took a bribe to arm the Talliban and profited personally, that crime would need to be pursued as incompetence. The job of the executive branch (the presidency) is to enforce the laws made by Congress. Choosing which laws to enforce and which to ignore violates that sacred trust. That is the condition on our southern border. He also does things like declaring that the next justice he appoints to the Supreme Court will be a black woman. This is of course an outright violation of our employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race and sex. He just should have shut his mouth instead of using this as a campaign promise. WHO CARES what color a person's skin is? WHO CARES what their genitalia look like? Neither have anything to do with anything let alone interpreting the law. The message this kind of announcement sends is downright evil. If I were a black woman, If I had any integrity or self respect, I would never accept a job that was only offered because I checked the right boxes. As a woman, I have faced my fair share of discrimination. I was once offered a job because I was a woman and the company had really poor EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) stats so they really needed to hire a female manager. Of course I didn't know it at the time because I was qualified for the position but my boss had been pressured into hiring me and although he never came out and told me that he was pressured into choosing me, he treated me with such distain and disrespect it was a toxic work environment and I left within three months because as it turns out, I was working on their new HR (Human Resources) system so I was privy to the the HR stats and not being stupid, figured out why my boss hated me so.
That's sad and it's too bad you went through that. Everyone should be hired solely on the basis of the qualifications based on the people applying. NOBODY should be hired because of their race nor not hired because of their race, or gender. (Unless of course gender is actually germaine to the job duties, but no one wants to admit that could even be possible anymore although of course it is).

In your case though, obviously it wasn't so that was wrong. Of them.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thank you. It was humiliating. Those EEO laws were not good for anyone. You can't right one wrong by committing a different wrong and the progressives are pushing us right back into that mode with their push for segregated dorms and segregated graduation ceremonies and things like whites stay home days. Colleges are the worst offenders. What we are teaching our children is hatred.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Unlike way too many Americans, I studied history. I even follow current events which is why I understand why Putin feels threatened. We didn't need to make him feel threatened did we? Biden kept pushing the NATO membership for Ukraine. Why? to poke the bear to see if he would respond? Well, he got his answer. The bear is roaring and people are dying. How is that good for anyone? This is not going to end well. Ukraine is going to end up being drawn back into Russia and that didn't have to happen. No one is throwing a nuke at Russia. UN and NATO are not invading Ukraine to retake the territory. The UN seems to be ignoring the entire issue. One of the five members of the security council invades a sovereign country and all we hear are crickets. What the hell is the UN anyway? The Ukraine is a goner and it is all at Biden's feet. This didn't need to happen. I am not justifying the invasion but when we keep breaking promises, how is Putin to know what our intent is? How can he trust us?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:55
Putin claims it is due to Ukraine wanting to join NATO, and therefore they would be on their doorstep. But you can't trust anything Putin says, as history has shown. He believes in the USSR, like in the "good old days". It could also be elements of both. Unless Putin wanted to invade Ukraine, why would he be concerned if they were a NATO member or not? They have a much smaller military capability than Russia, and they are not a nuclear power.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
WHO CARES what color a person's skin is? WHO CARES what their genitalia look like? ,,, As a woman, I have faced my fair share of discrimination
I agree. So have I. When I hitched around Europe when I was 18, it took me 2 hours to get a lift into Switzerland. Two young ladies rocked up, stuck their thumbs out and got a lift in about 30 seconds! Also, having to pay for entrance on "Ladies Night" in nightclubs, which was often a Friday. Women get in free. Is that discriminating based on gender? :sick:

There does tend to be a double standard on gender issues. Feminists want equality and non-discrimination based on gender. Tell that to the Ukrainian men who are not allowed to leave the country, only women and children. The men get conscripted and sent to their deaths in a bloody war. You can't have it both ways. Either you believe in non-discrimination or you don't. You can't pick and choose based how unpleasant the task is.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Unlike way too many Americans, I studied history. I even follow current events which is why I understand why Putin feels threatened.
I would phrase it differently. You "think" he feels threatened. You don't actually know. What he says is not necessarily what he thinks.

State media tells a barrage of lies to their population. The difference between the US - with polarised media - and the US, is that the government takes oppressive control over what can be said. Look at the fines threatened on Russian newspapers if they get any war data that is not from the official Russian source. No free press, no free elections, no right to protest.

What about his desire for a return to old borders, the USSR? His angry 1 hour speech before invading Ukraine was laced with talking about how Ukraine is part of Russia, it was given away by mistake and so on. If his concern is NATO membership, what the hell has all that got to do with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom