Deadly force (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:04
What if they outlawed no knock warrants? And scale back police immunity.:unsure:

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:04
What if it's Law Enforcement armed and invited? :unsure:

A fair question. If they were invited, not an issue. (Or at least not as big an issue.)

However, if they do not identify themselves and just burst in, I would surely claim exigent circumstances. I'm sorry, but a no-knock warrant is a police "accident" waiting to happen.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:04
A fair question. If they were invited, not an issue. (Or at least not as big an issue.)

However, if they do not identify themselves and just burst in, I would surely claim exigent circumstances. I'm sorry, but a no-knock warrant is a police "accident" waiting to happen.
oops. meant un-invited.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If we had good leadership most agents would fall in line, because there would be consequences to rogue behavior.
The agents at the low levels are not going rogue. They are doing exactly what they are told to do. So were the guards at Auschwitz.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hence the need for leadership at the top.
The guards at Auschwitz had leaders. They were only following directions as they led the prisoners to the gas chambers. I know that is extreme but at least some of the FBI agents involved in the Mar-A-Lago raid had to be at least uncomfortable about what they were being asked to do. The problem with the FBI is not only at the top or there would have been lots of whistle blowers starting years ago.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:04
The guards at Auschwitz had leaders. They were only following directions as they led the prisoners to the gas chambers. I know that is extreme but at least some of the FBI agents involved in the Mar-A-Lago raid had to be at least uncomfortable about what they were being asked to do. The problem with the FBI is not only at the top or there would have been lots of whistle blowers starting years ago.
Maybe I'm naive but I'm not ready to equate the auschwitz guards with our FBI.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:04
Maybe I'm naive but I'm not ready to equate the auschwitz guards with our FBI.

It's a good analogy because people are people. The auschwitz guards are just brothers, fathers, husbands like any of us.

The situation turned them into monsters. Not all of them, some of them were just going along with it to keep the peace so to speak.

My guess is you've got the same situation with the FBI, normal everyday People sucked into a corrupted organisation believing that the organization is right and correct, going along with everything that is requested of them blindly following the orders until one day they go, hold on that's not right..... But what do you do if you become a whistle blower, if you resign, it's a big change, a big decision.

You risk ostracisation from a career you love. You rest losing your income and pension.
You may even be risking your life.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
It's a good analogy because people are people. The auschwitz guards are just brothers, fathers, husbands like any of us.

The situation turned them into monsters. Not all of them, some of them were just going along with it to keep the peace so to speak.

My guess is you've got the same situation with the FBI, normal everyday People sucked into a corrupted organisation believing that the organization is right and correct, going along with everything that is requested of them blindly following the orders until one day they go, hold on that's not right..... But what do you do if you become a whistle blower, if you resign, it's a big change, a big decision.

You risk ostracisation from a career you love. You rest losing your income and pension.
You may even be risking your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom