dis·crim·i·na·tion (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
Link

Link

dis·crim·i·na·tion [di-skrim-uh-ney-shuhn]
–noun
1. an act or instance of discriminating.
2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.

statsman

Local time
I always found it discriminating that Black History Month is in February, the shortest month.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
dis·crim·i·na·tion [di-skrim-uh-ney-shuhn]
–noun
1. an act or instance of discriminating.
2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
Reverse Discrimination:
discriminatory policies or acts that benefit a historically sociopolitically nondominant group (typically minorities), rather than the historically sociopolitically dominant group.​

two wrongs make a...err...umm...:eek:

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:24
statsman said:
I always found it discriminating that Black History Month is in February, the shortest month.

I always found it discriminating that there is not a white mens history month. I mean look there is a black history month and a womans history month. why not have a white history month and a mens history month? would only be fair. or even a white mens history month so they don't think we are trying to get too much attention with two separate months

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 03:24
KalelGmoon said:
I always found it discriminating that there is not a white mens history month. I mean look there is a black history month and a womans history month. why not have a white history month and a mens history month? would only be fair. or even a white mens history month so they don't think we are trying to get too much attention with two separate months

Its like this : when you are top dog you don't need to shout about it , that's why you have French-Canadians, Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans etc but never any English-....,

Brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Its like this : when you are top dog you don't need to shout about it
I would have to disagree with that analogy, Brian. There may have been a time when the white, heterosexual male was the top of the food chain, but it just isn't so anymore. In fact, IMHO, with the advent of all of the activists, lobbyists, and pain-in-the-assists out there, the minority not only have a louder voice, but, as the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. EVERYONE has some pain, discrimination, ego bruising, life threatening, karma crushing problem that the entire world needs to know about and (pity me, pity me,pity me :( ) fix for them.

As if the "restaurant workers" rile up over the Kevin Federline Super Bowl Commercial wasn't enough, now the Gay and Lesbian community is in an uproar over a Snickers (candy bar) commercial. What is wrong with people today? :confused:

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
And all too true , as you said What is wrong with people today?

I agree, after all - today is friday - everyone should be in a better mood - :D :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
KenHigg said:
I agree, after all - today is friday - everyone should be in a better mood - :D :D

Yep for you at work today is POETS day , so be happy. :D

brian

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Yep for you at work today is POETS day , so be happy. :D

brian

Ah.... Had to google that one ... Funny:p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Very quiet on the forum today Ken, the usual suspects are missing, mind you may people are having difficulty getting about as we have had horrendous weather, as much as 4 inches of snow in some parts.:rolleyes:

I remember a several years ago on a tour of Canada we were visting an Indian reservation and the conversation went like this

Indian -do you have snow in England?
Mad Fool English Lady - Oh yes we have heavy snow sometimes
Indian - How much?
MFEL - We had 6 inches once
Indian -

Well actually he couldn't speak for several minutes as tears of laughter ran down his face.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Very quiet on the forum today Ken, the usual suspects are missing, mind you may people are having difficulty getting about as we have had horrendous weather, as much as 4 inches of snow in some parts.:rolleyes:

I remember a several years ago on a tour of Canada we were visting an Indian reservation and the conversation went like this

Indian -do you have snow in England?
Mad Fool English Lady - Oh yes we have heavy snow sometimes
Indian - How much?
MFEL - We had 6 inches once
Indian -

Well actually he couldn't speak for several minutes as tears of laughter ran down his face.

Brian

I see where they have 7 feet in ny?!?!:eek:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Very quiet on the forum today Ken, the usual suspects are missing,

Who are you calling a suspect :mad:

:p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
mind you may people are having difficulty getting about as we have had horrendous weather, as much as 4 inches of snow in some parts.:rolleyes:

What is the arthritis setting in? :eek: :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I have to say, that I am in favor of all beauty pageants. The more the merrier I say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom