dis·crim·i·na·tion (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 00:59
I'm not on the forum for long having to come and go between jobs, the boss is ill so I have been promoted from general dogsbody to chief cook and bottle washer.

So somewhat delayed

usual suspects are as Rich says if the cap fits wear it, i guess he has taken his off, and Col's BMW has a fuel leak i believe from another thread:D

Dan I don't have to worry about the weather, I sit at home retired thinking about all those poor s*ds fighting their way to work, then go and make a cup of coffee :cool:

Brian

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:59
I'm now going to start calling myself Scandinavian-American and want a holiday to celebrate my Scandinavian heritage :D

I also want my own tv channel - VET (Viking Entertainment Television) :)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I sit at home retired thinking about all those poor s*ds fighting their way to work, then go and make a cup of coffee :cool:

Brian

Why don't you set your alarm clock a little later so you don't have to think about it so much? :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
Why don't you set your alarm clock a little later so you don't have to think about it so much? :p

I didn't say what time i started thinking.
what's an alarm clock?

:D :D

Brian

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
Dan I don't have to worry about the weather, I sit at home retired thinking about all those poor s*ds fighting their way to work, then go and make a cup of coffee :cool:

Brian
Serves 'em right for living in the wilderness:cool:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:59
The little scene with the Indian and the Mad Fool English Lady shows how one person's blizzard is another person's pretty day.

Last I looked, upstate New York was getting over 100 inches of snow this week. (Early Feb. 2007).

I can remember when New Orleans had enough snow for me to build a snow man in the back yard. About 1956, if I recall correctly.

But the real fun and games was in the 1970's when we didn't have snow - but we did have sleet. Heck, these Cajuns down here can't drive straight on a good day. On a slippery day? Shoot, I've had better traction wearing ice skates. And made more progress going forward in them.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 09:29
boblarson said:
I'm now going to start calling myself Scandinavian-American and want a holiday to celebrate my Scandinavian heritage :D

I also want my own tv channel - VET (Viking Entertainment Television) :)
My wife found out that her father was part Canadian Indian (Inuit I think is the preferred term?)
And her mother's parents were both Scottish.
So can she claim to be a Scottish-Inuit-Australian? :D

Me, I'm an English-Irish-and-a-bunch-of-other-things-Australian :p

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Adeptus said:
My wife found out that her father was part Canadian Indian (Inuit I think is the preferred term?)
And her mother's parents were both Scottish.
So can she claim to be a Scottish-Inuit-Australian? :D

Me, I'm an English-Irish-and-a-bunch-of-other-things-Australian :p

Canadian - Indian and Scottish, so where did the Australian part come from? :confused:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As for me, I'm English, Scotch, Irish, French, German, and Native American (Cherokee nation).

Of these, my usual introduction is "Through these veins flow only the finest Scotch." (Which isn't true, I sometimes imbibe the cheaper stuff if it is free.)

Technically, I'm a cousin to that great American humorist and journalist, Mark Twain. His real name was Samuel L Clemens. My mother's mother's mother's mother was Sally Clemens, who was the great man's sister or cousin or something. Of course, the relationship is so tenuous and distant that the estate doesn't even send me a Christmas card. Typically tight-fisted estate managers can't even spare a card to their cousin. Hmmmmph!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom