Foreign Nationals stopped at Miami Port (1 Viewer)

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 11:11
Any thoughts on this...

You know there obviously is some language problems here. They have the knoweledge to do business in the US but yet they dont know what, "How many people are with you" means?

The driver said he was alone. I believe they said he was missing some paperwork but the manifest matched.

Seems suspicious to me. 1 lebonese and 2 Iraqis? Making a delivery on Sunday when the port I believe is closed for that due to that day being for Crusie Ships.

I dont know. Makes you wonder if its a test to check the port security or who they can sneek in and out.

Last edited:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 08:11
You know there obviously is some language problems here. They have the knoweledge to do business in the US but yet they dont know what, "How many people are with you" means?

Are you thinking thats suspicious - we get visitors here form all over the world on business - many of them speak very little english at all, and easily could give a strange answer to a simple question.

I wonder how many US people on business round the world could easily misunderstand the native language? The majority outside of English speaking countries I would think.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
FoFa said:

Wow. No kidding. Yet people want an open border policy. I am all for people coming here via immigration, but the border needs to be closed in areas other than legal crossings.

There is no need to sneak across, just wait your turn and do it legally and you will have no problem at all.

We all know that most of Mexico is controlled by Drug Cartels.

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
Any thoughts on this...

The driver said he was alone. I believe they said he was missing some paperwork but the manifest matched.

Seems suspicious to me. 1 lebonese and 2 Iraqis? Making a delivery on Sunday when the port I believe is closed for that due to that day being for Crusie Ships.

I dont know. Makes you wonder if its a test to check the port security or who they can sneek in and out.

But you didn't tell the rest of the story that they were actually legitimate American citizens with a legitimate cargo for delivery to the port.
Smacks more of American jitters than anything

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Rich said:
But you didn't tell the rest of the story that they were actually legitimate American citizens with a legitimate cargo for delivery to the port.
Smacks more of American jitters than anything

Yea I read that after I posted this. But yea, I would rather side on the side of caution then to assume nothing at all. You never know the intentions of someone or some group...unfortnately people from that part of the world have a motive. It makes sense to me to profile people of that background because, well...isnt that the area of the world that wants to attack us.

Had they been North Korean or Persian (Iranians) I would have jumped to the same conclusion. That is the unfortunate world we live in.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:11
Not to mention that sometimes people who were born in and live in your country still side with the ones who want to attack us. How many terrorist attacks in Great Britian have been carried out by British muslims who were born and raised in Great Britain? Not necessarily condoning profiling, but I think anyone who can't correctly answer the questions to the border patrol or port security should raise suspicions. Maybe they are intentionally lying to you or maybe there is just a language barrier, but it should always be checked out to determine that.

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
. How many terrorist attacks in Great Britian have been carried out by British muslims who were born and raised in Great Britain? .
On e

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:11
Rich said:

So, it's something that can happen. I think there was a foiled attempt by someone here that was American-born. At any rate, care needs to be taken over here especially with everyone wanting to attack us, plus our proximity to Mexico and the number of people who are wanting to bring drugs into our country. If you can't answer the question of how many people are with you, then you shouldn't be mad when they check to see how many people are with you.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
I mean for all we know...they could have been planned months ahead. They could be playing dumb. Their goal for all we know could be to check how easy it would be sneak people in and out and to possibly haul cargo which may be incorrect for paperwork or documents.

I would not be suprised, even though they were let go and probably really are just innocent that they are under surveillance of some sort...

Good old Big Brother...

Hey Britain has the most Closed Circuit cameras in the world...and a attack was still possible...

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
dan-cat said:
At least no-one got hurt unlike with this case

Yea thats too bad. I heard about that. Didnt he have a backpack on and disobey commands by authorities or something...

Thought I read or heard he did something like that...

Plus the fact with all the chaos at the time...If I was a cop I would prob have been a little nervous myself...cops dont want to die either...and prob got a little trigger happy due to circumstances.

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
At least no-one got hurt unlike with this case
Are you serious? An American lecturing on innocents being killed due to mass hysteria, I don't think so, your war on terror has killed countless thousand innocents:rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:11
Rich said:
Are you serious? An American lecturing on innocents being killed due to mass hysteria, I don't think so, your war on terror has killed countless thousand innocents:rolleyes:

How can it be 'my' war as opposed to yours? :confused:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Jakboi said:
and prob got a little trigger happy due to circumstances.

excellent euphemism :D Apparently he got shot seven times in the head :eek:

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
How can it be 'my' war as opposed to yours? :confused:
I don't subscribe to the view that every funny looking foreigner is a prospective terrorist or bombing innocent civillians in the hope of getting one known terrorist is any better than the actions of the terrorist.

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
excellent euphemism :D Apparently he got shot seven times in the head :eek:
how many innocent civillians do your police kill everyday?:rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
I don't subscribe to the view that every funny looking foreigner is a prospective terrorist or bombing innocent civillians in the hope of getting one known terrorist is any better than the actions of the terrorist.

Are you saying that I do :confused:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
how many innocent civillians do your police kill everyday?:rolleyes:

We usually stop after the first couple of head-shots :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom