Illegal Independence of Kosovo (1 Viewer)

dbmanalser84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:09
What do you think, from the International Law point of view, about this unilateral and illegal act?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 01:09
There are many petty squabbles all over the world - it's stupid, boring and shows exactly how mankind will eventually be the downfall of mankind. Global warming et al is the lesser of any problems we have.

Serbia and Kosovo and the Croats did nothing to prosper the Yugoslavian tourist industry. It is a beautiful country.

Col

statsman

Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
If things were so great there...why did they declare independance?

You've got to have a disgruntled population before you can declare independence and make it work.

R

Rich

If things were so great there...why did they declare independance?

You've got to have a disgruntled population before you can declare independence and make it work.

Like Quebec,Hawaii, etc you mean?:confused:

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:09
Like Quebec,Hawaii, etc you mean?:confused:

There have been two referendums in Quebec on independance. Both failed badly.

You would have to be a pretty negative sort to be disgruntled about anything living in Hawaii :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
There have been two referendums in Quebec on independance. Both failed badly.

And no doubt like the EU they will keep having them till they get the result they want and then ban them ever occurring again.

Brian

statsman

Local time
And no doubt like the EU they will keep having them till they get the result they want and then ban them ever occurring again.

Brian

Interesting point.
Was there any sort of vote in Kosovo beforehand?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You would have to be a pretty negative sort to be disgruntled about anything living in Hawaii :D

Without Steve McGarrett in charge of the cops there these days, I'll bet it's a lawless society - a bit like the rest of the USA in fact.

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Only the Yanks could take paradise and turn it into a slum.

Additional evidence: Somoa and the US Virgin Islands

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Without Steve McGarrett in charge of the cops there these days, I'll bet it's a lawless society - a bit like the rest of the USA in fact.

I had to google who he was, I am sure my dad has talked about this program in the past. Anyhow - its now Dog isn't it.

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
There are sections of Honolulu and Hilo that rival the worst parts of New York, Chicago and Los Angeles (not quite as bad as Cleveland, but getting there).

Paul mentioned "Dog". If you've seen his show you've seen some of the spots he goes to collect his miscreants.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There are sections of Honolulu and Hilo that rival the worst parts of New York, Chicago and Los Angeles (not quite as bad as Cleveland, but getting there).

And most other cities and towns in the USA it seems

Col

pono1

Registered User.
Local time

Paul mentioned "Dog". If you've seen his show you've seen some of the spots he goes to collect his miscreants.

I have lived in Honolulu and Los Angeles and Chicago and worked in NY...I think you're off on this one... And Dog is a bit of a miscreant himself...

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I have lived in Honolulu and Los Angeles and Chicago and worked in NY...I think you're off on this one... And Dog is a bit of a miscreant himself...

But did you live in the worst parts?

Brian

statsman

Local time

For those of you who are unaware DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER is a show on US television.

Dog hunts down people his wife has issued bail bonds to when they fail to appear in court. US law states bail must be paid in cash (for the most part). Bail bondsmen exist to promise the money for the bail. If the bailed person can't be tracked down, the bail bondsman has to pay the cash for the bail.

A US Supreme Court decision from the 1800's states that a person who has posted bail for another person can take extrodinary steps to return that person to custody when they skip.

Dog got into trouble a few years ago when he went to Mexico to get a fleeing criminal. Seems the laws in Mexico are different. Dog was charged with kidnapping.

Dog was realeased on bail and then failed to appear in court. He was locked up in Hawaii where he lives when Mexico requested extradition. He had an abundance of weak excuses why he didn't appear but they couldn't overcome the obvious truth...IF ANYONE SHOULD KNOW YOU HAVE TO GO TO COURT, IT'S DOG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom