In case anyone thought racism in America was dead . . . (2 Viewers)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:57
I agree with everyone who points out the various failures of govt to try to make things more "fair". But to get back to the original point, for just a moment. Obama is a qualified, experienced, well-spoken, patriotic, educated guy, and if he were white, I think the perception of him would be very different. I just wish people could admit that they dislike him because of his race, instead pretending that it is because of any number of other nonissues.

Local time
Today, 08:57
We ARE the government. We CONTROL the government (or at least we should if we weren't too lazy to do it).

Good luck with that.

Do you think everyone should be responsible for educating their own children? Back to the good old pioneer days?

Heavens NO! Talk about unfair...my poor children would be cleaning up after your kids since I'm an incompetent teacher. I like giving my money to the government so they can provide a good education (if they'll do it...no luck in Florida but Texas does a good job).

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 06:57
Can anybody go to Oxford for free?

I'd like a free Harvard or MIT education.

Get your point ..technically yes -however its the accomodation - food that costs

but what if you have Havard as a free centre - But.. only accept the top 2 percent sudents irrespective of money/colour - fully funded by the state itslf (state I mean Central Goverment)
we do have bursers in the Uk which are sponsorships which can be 100% of all costs -however these are like rocking horse shit ..pretty rare

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
Today, 09:57
Do you dislike McCain because he is wealthy and white, sure seems that way.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:57
I just wish people could admit that they dislike him because of his race, instead pretending that it is because of any number of other nonissues.

You're not going to believe anyone who says anything other than what you've convinced yourself is true, so why bother? I couldn't care less about race. If it had come out Colin Powell against Hilary Clinton, I'd be saying the same things, and prefer Powell over Clinton. Then you'd probably be arguing that I was anti-woman. :rolleyes:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
You're not going to believe anyone who says anything other than what you've convinced yourself is true, so why bother? I couldn't care less about race. If it had come out Colin Powell against Hilary Clinton, I'd be saying the same things, and prefer Powell over Clinton. Then you'd probably be arguing that I was anti-woman. :rolleyes:

If people have valid criticisms, I have no problem with that. But what I hear from a lot of people is that they just don't trust Obama, or they are just not comfortable with him, or he is just not experienced enough, or they think he is a muslim, or they think he is anti-American etc. etc. That is all a bunch of crap. Nobody would be saying those things if he were white.

Local time
Obama is a qualified,

Not.

experienced,

Not.

well-spoken,

When his teleprompter is on. Otherwise he seems to be a babbling idiot.

patriotic,

Very funny.

educated guy,

despite (because of?) his color.

and if he were white, I think the perception of him would be very different.

You are correct, he would never have gotten this far.

I just wish people could admit that they dislike him because of his race, instead pretending that it is because of any number of other nonissues.

I followed a link from the site you and Banana were referencing last week talking about Obama's faults. This link was presumably a group of black people who don't like Obama because I guess he's not black enough or he's an Uncle Tom or whatever their twisted logic is. Are you talking to them about this or only the whites who don't like him?

Fact is, I just don't like him. Period. It has nothing to do with his race, or sex, or sexual preference, or religion, or handicaps, or any other thing you want to assign to him that you think I might not like...it's his politics, pure and simple. The guy is the most liberal member of Senate. Don't you think that would make at least half the people hate you just for that?

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
They (democrats) are saying it about Sarah Palin. She's white!!

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
They (democrats) are saying it about Sarah Palin. She's white!!

Well the difference is that she really IS unqualified and inexperienced, but because she is white, she gets a pass.

redneckgeek

Local time

I think many of us have pointed out reasons we don't like him. None of them are to do with his race. I can probably walk out into our plant and find a few people who will admit that they won't vote for him because of his race. The point being - not everybody that is not voting for him is a racist, even though recent news stories would have you believe otherwise.:rolleyes:

Local time
Well the difference is that she really IS unqualified and inexperienced, but because she is white, she gets a pass.

I'm sorry I must have missed that. Who's she getting a pass from?

Certainly not the media. They actually stopped fawning over Obama long enough to try to destroy her.

Also, as pointed out in another thread, Sarah Palin is more experienced as an administrator than any of the other 3 people in the race. She is also the youngest and as such, would be expected to be less experienced than people like McCain and Biden, who have tons of political and life experience. Obama being young suffers the same malady, but unlike Palin, has no political experience.

Also, I resent your implication that I am a bigot because I don't like somebody's politics. It just isn't so.

If anybody is using race against Obama, it is blacks.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sorry I must have missed that. Who's she getting a pass from?

Certainly not the media. They actually stopped fawning over Obama long enough to try to destroy her.

Also, as pointed out in another thread, Sarah Palin is more experienced as an administrator than any of the other 3 people in the race. She is also the youngest and as such, would be expected to be less experienced than people like McCain and Biden, who have tons of political and life experience. Obama being young suffers the same malady, but unlike Palin, has no political experience.

Also, I resent your implication that I am a bigot because I don't like somebody's politics. It just isn't so.

If anybody is using race against Obama, it is blacks.

What is Sarah Palin getting a pass on? Seriously? You must have missed the first page on this thread.

And just to add one more thing, she actually thinks she can get away with not speaking to the press at all. Not only has she not given a press conference and not given interviews, she actually refused to have a reporter present during her *first* meetings with world leaders yesterday.

And if by "destroy her" you mean ask her one or two questions about foreign policy, then I guess that is true :rolleyes:

But you do like Obama's politics - you aleady agree with him that a blank check bailout is bad, that we need less government spending and corruption, and that we need to restore the constitution.

KenHigg

Local time
It's hard to think people still get sucked into these things. His intentions are to stir up as much racial tension as he can so he can cash in on the attention he gets. Just like Jesse.

Give me a break...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom