Notice to All Employees (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:00
Wow, dk

Didn't know she was a Atheist to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen brother ;)
And what is wrong with that. I am continually amazed by self-professing Christians who ignore the teachings of their own religion and don't want to help those less fortunate than themselves. it would be a pleasant surprise to see some Christian charity shown here.

Just because I don't believe in a fairy-tale figure doesn't mean I don't care about my fellow humans.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:00
Hey if thats the way you want to live, go for it.
Speaking for myself, I like to believe in something, to which I do.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Hey if thats the way you want to live, go for it.
Speaking for myself, I like to believe in something, to which I do.
I can't start believing in something just for the sake of believing. I do however believe and act on my beliefs that I should help those less fortunate than myself without expecting a reward in the next life. Beliefs without the actions behind them are a waste of time.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 12:00
The average waiter or waitress makes about 50k per year.

50k? - Maybe in your part of the country. I'm guessing a full time go-getter in the local joints would do good to pocket 30k with the average more like 20-25...

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Not to rain on your little rhetorical parade, but I can't resist interjecting just ONE fact:
The average waiter or waitress makes about 50k per year. A single person with no dependents earning that salary would get a tax cut of $500 under Obama, and would receive NO tax cut under McCain. Niether Obama OR McCain's tax policies affect anyone who doesn't work for a living, i.e., homeless people.

So I think you ought to repeat your experiment. Go back, get your 10 bucks back from the homeless guy (just tell him you made an honest mistake, I am sure he will understand - it happens to everyone that doesn't look at facts). Then go give it to the waitress and apologize for being an asshole.

At how much a year:????

I found this at Bureau of Labor Statistics. Now maybe I am wrong. :rolleyes:

Gee, I did

To Address Both of you:

I said before that the Waitresses and bartenders that I knew averaged $7.00 or less per hour in Salary, even though Mimimum Wage was more than that. This amounts to about $14,000/year (less than the alleged national average that is provided in Joe's Link).

I also said that they make over $10.00/hour in tips ($20,000/year for a total of $35,000+/Year). If I am incorrect, and they make $20.00/hour (or more) in tips ($40,000/year for a total of 55,000+/Year), then the numbers that Alisa was using become correct.

THEREFORE THEY ARE BOTH CORRECT, and between them they prove why the story is so ironic.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Hey Rabbie, if that is what you believe, great. I guess I am saying that I am not expecting any rewards when the time comes. Heck I didn’t know you even get a reward., but if you say you get reward that’s ok with me.

When it gets into the bible stuff, I am pretty dumb. I don’t read it.

I just have a personal bond with the man above. He knows how I feel and what I believe in. I am just a person who believes and that’s all.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Wow, dk

Didn't know she was a Atheist to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen brother ;)

Isn't it ironic that I, the atheist, believe that we are all created equal, that money corrupts, that it is unethical to amass great wealth while millions of people around the world starve, that it is the duty of those who can afford it, and even those who can't, to help those who are less fortunate than themselves? It almost sounds like I am a christian or something :eek: Oops, I forgot, christianity now means selfishly hoarding everything you have and arrogantly refusing to help those in need.:rolleyes:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
50k? - Maybe in your part of the country. I'm guessing a full time go-getter in the local joints would do good to pocket 30k with the average more like 20-25...

Like I said, it depends if you define waiters to include bartenders, hooters girls, reported and unreported income, etc, etc. But the specific number wasn't the point. Whether the number is 20k or 80k, my point was that working people will get a tax cut under Obama. These are people who pay proportionally more in taxes than the wealthy. These are people who need the money that they earn to live on, and claim that the democrats want to take their hard earned money and give it is a bum is patently false.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Oops, I forgot, christianity now means selfishly hoarding everything you have and arrogantly refusing to help those in need.:rolleyes:

Well if that is what you believe, go for it and now I know why you are Obama supporter. ;)

I have no clue where you pick this stuff up, but then again..............

Not knowing if if I am classfied as "Christian" or not, I know I help those in need when I served my country. But I guess that does not count to your standards.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Well if that is what you believe, go for it and now I know why you are Obama supporter. ;)

Yes, because Obama has good morals and values, like helping those who need it most. If your comment was supposed to be a snipe at me, I don't get it.

Not knowing if if I am classfied as "Christian" or not, I know I help those in need when I served my country. But I guess that does not count to your standards.
You can classify yourself however you like - it's not my job to classify you. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Surely serving your country is an honorable thing to do, but I don't see how that constitutes helping those in need.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, because Obama has good morals and values, like helping those who need it most.

Its known that Obama and Bill Ayers were buds in the 90's so I guess that explains your morals and values.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Its known that Obama and Bill Ayers were buds in the 90's so I guess that explains your morals and values.

Joe, I started a brand new thread just for you. Go check it out :D

KenHigg

Local time
Like I said, it depends if you define waiters to include bartenders, hooters girls, reported and unreported income, etc, etc. But the specific number wasn't the point. Whether the number is 20k or 80k, my point was that working people will get a tax cut under Obama. These are people who pay proportionally more in taxes than the wealthy. These are people who need the money that they earn to live on, and claim that the democrats want to take their hard earned money and give it is a bum is patently false.

Ok... I'll go along with that. :)

(Caught you by surprise, huh? :p)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
He has an elixir? And all this time I thought it was just his natural good humor :mad:
Anybody'd think according to Ken I drink alcohol every night, last night I drank orange juice, so tonight I'll have two glasses of wine to make up for it:cool:

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:00
If all the employees are making 250K plus . . .

They should be happy to wear mariachi uniforms and dance for you whenever you tell them to.

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:00
As opposed to McCain being elected.

All hourly workers will be required to join the Guard or the Reserves so you can serve in Afganistan or Iraq. As required by law, we will hold your job open for 30 days. Of course the minimum tour of duty in 90 days.

All salaried employees are exempt. After all, if we're salaried we must be more important and we probably voted Repubican.

Wow, I wish for my brother in law it was 90 days. I think he did 90 days training before the Army Guard deployed him for a year.

And I am pretty sure the deal with waiters/waitresses is they make less than minimum wage but declare tips, if their wage plus tips is less than minimum wage the place they work have to pay them up to what they would make on minimum wage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom