Our Next president Barack Obama or John McCain (2 Viewers)

Local time
Today, 03:02
and some people forgot how to bring to justice those responsible for it

Just curious, since the approach the US has taken does not (seem to) measure up to your standards for how to bring justice to those responsible, what approach would you use to bring justice to those reponsible?

As an American, I can still remember the images of 9/11 we saw repeatedly on TV. The plane crashes into the building...people jumping out of the towers to their death...people in middle eastern garb (presumably innocent citizens) dancing in the streets. The words "your streets will run red with the blood of your children" running through my mind. Repeat.

I must admit that, at that time, I felt like those people dancing in the streets deserved what they were about to get, and worse, although they probably didn't.

Many Americans haven't let go of that. I think I have, but the memory makes me grind my teeth even while writing about it. I lost friends that day.

So, if you please, answer the question, "How would you bring those responsible to justice?"

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:02
maybe not all are nuts, but at least I bet a few are, or maybe you think they are not nuts at all.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:02
maybe not all are nuts, but at least I bet a few are, or maybe you think they are not nuts at all.
A few people everywhere are nuts, that's pretty obvious.

Nice job on ignoring the other point, though.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:02
All countries races and creeds have their nuts, does that mean all of the people who may be of those countries races and creeds are guilty , and thus liable to your vengence? The fact that you cannot reach the person or persons responsible is no excuse for murdering the innocent.

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
You do know that Bin Laden is (was?) a muslim fundamentalist?
As such, the odds that he was working with the leader of a secular nation like Iraq are pretty slim.

This is something that is frequently overlooked. Saddam's ruthless surpression of Islam within Iraq is something that bin Laden had contempt for.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
This is something that is frequently overlooked. Saddam's ruthless surpression of Islam within Iraq is something that bin Laden had contempt for.
Thank you, Mr Cat.

I believe our esteemed correspondent, Mr 8915, may be deliberately overlooking this fact, as it rather weakens the rest of his argument.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
How do you know they are guilty, plus women and children tend not to have much of a say in Islamic countries.

Brian
There you go again, assuming there's a difference between countries ;)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
They do, however, dance in the streets when Americans are killed.
They may also have burned the american flag.
A) Not all of them did it. The film and photos in the media are always going to be the most sensational, not the fairest, as it sells better.
B) If you're living in a country where you think you might get killed for not going along with it and dancing, you're probably going to go with the flow. I bet a lot of them didn't give a damn about anything to with the US.
C) Even if they did, since when is dancing worthy of the death penalty? If they stayed at home, didn't attack the US, and just did a quick jig when someone else attacked, what possible threat are they?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
So you can be shot for dancing now? I think I might dance if it stopped a terrorsit shooting me, they have to live with them.

Seriuosly I'm not sure how much to blame them now, and to criticise them when one considers the reaction of the civilised and educated people of America to 911 is a little hypocritical.

Brian

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:02
Now George, I think Brian knows they are the innocent ones. Maybe thats how they just walk.

Saddam's ruthless surpression of Islam within Iraq is something that bin Laden had contempt for.................. is this something HE told you, or did you just read this some where. Can you show me the resource, where you found this. I am sure its from a trusty source.

R

Rich

Just curious, since the approach the US has taken does not (seem to) measure up to your standards for how to bring justice to those responsible, what approach would you use to bring justice to those reponsible?

You're forgetting that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 the vast majority of the world were apalled by the event, with subterfuge, political pressure/diplomacy and patience those responsible could have been brought to justice instead of the bloody mess that's been created by Bush and Bliar

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Saddam's ruthless surpression of Islam within Iraq is something that bin Laden had contempt for.................. is this something HE told you, or did you just read this some where. Can you show me the resource, where you found this. I am sure its from a trusty source.
This guy's great - can we keep him?:rolleyes:

Hussein and Bin Laden DID NOT LIKE EACH OTHER.
There are plenty of sources regarding how Hussein wasn't exactly a fan of Muslims. Take your pick:
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2003/091003a.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/270569.stm
http://www.mcall.com/business/chi-0304060264apr06,0,2416504.story

R

Rich

Now George, I think Brian knows they are the innocent ones. Maybe thats how they just walk.

Even Bush and the twats surrounding him have admitted that there was absolutely no link between 9/11 and Iraq. Try watching other news sources instead of the biased American ones

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time

He told us all. Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom