production planning ideas (1 Viewer)

Cowboy_BeBa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:21
hi everyone

a few years back i built a very basic db for my fathers factory, it is meant to do the job of simple erp/stock control software and that is precisely what it does
it keeps track of stock levels of our products/ingredients, it stores nutritional info of each ingredient and works out the totals for our packaging, it stores production info (how many batches of what product is to be blended and in what quantity)

however the one thing it doesnt do is help us adequately plan the use of our resources
for example, we have 50kg of sugar in stock and 100kg of flour, we may need about 500kg of sugar and 1000kg of flour to fulfill our blending commitments,
we do have a "shopping list" which calculates how much stock of each ingredient we need and deducts from how much we have to come up with how much we should order, however this does nothing to help us determine what we're going to do with the resources we have

i need to add a system that is able to look at what weve got in stock, what we need to make and works out what we can make

now im not going to ask for help here, because i know enough about access to know that this will be a big job, probably will require tweaking of alot of pages (forms, tables, queries, etc) in the db, itll be a big job and not something that can get done in a day
basically what im looking for is ideas on how such a system would work, tbh ive never built or seen anything like this, have rough ideas but wondering if people could show me examples theyve built, or direct me to actual paid software with similar functionality that i can look at, just looking for ideas atm so i can figure out what the best way to incorporate this into my DB is

cheers,
beba

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:21
do you want this routine to tel you:
you have in stock 100kg of flour, 20kg of sugar and 200 eggs so you can make one of these:
20 cake1 + left overs....
30 cake2 + left overs...
25 cake3 + left overs...
10 cake1 + 15 cake 3 + left overs....

Is this what you want ?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:21
If me, I would first look at the orders you're going to make, (without taking care of how many "cakes" you've to make, it comes later).
The look at each cakes recipe and then look in stock what you have.
Then visualize it using a graph, (a graph for each cake), showing what you've in stock and what you need, (here you calculate the total needed according to the amount in the order), side by side per ingredients.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:21
Nice video. Nice application. You may want to put a copy of a sample database in the code archives, or on some accessible site for others to see.
I could not access your site.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:21
Second that, I'd be very interested in seeing how that works.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
It seems to work okay on 2010 UK English.
Very nice, I've been struggling with trying to display a list of people on call over a 3-5 week period in 5 different departments. This should help immensely ! Many thanks for sharing it.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if you are looking at optimising resources between different possibilities, then you may need something called linear programming

ie - you can make several different types of product, each needing different ingredients, and each using different amounts of time/resource. which mix maximises profit?

linear programming gives an increasingly optimized result.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_programming

this and associated subjects (such as network analysis) is a very very complex area.

Alias_2003

Local time
Yesterday, 16:21
Hi everyone,
Sorry for my english... I'm french...
I downloaded the application, created by olek_w1. Unfortunatly, it doesn't work with me. I get this message (in french...) "L'expression sur chargement entrée comme paramètre de type événement est à l'origine d'une erreur". Could somebody help me please ?
Best regards

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@alias

try compiling. it says there is an error in an event handler (evenement)? or maybe it's an error on loading (chargement)?

compiling might pick up the error.

Alias_2003

Local time
Good evening
Thank you for your reply !
I tried your solution and I've an error with the line "Dim f As FormFontInfo" in the module clsPictureBox.
Could you help me ? Do you have problems with this file ?
Thank you very much :eek:

Alias_2003

Local time
Hello,
@Minty : could you tell me if the application opens without probleme in your case ?
Thank you very much !

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Good evening
Thank you for your reply !
I tried your solution and I've an error with the line "Dim f As FormFontInfo" in the module clsPictureBox.
Could you help me ? Do you have problems with this file ?
Thank you very much :eek:

I presume you have an additional library you need to select. check the references to see if one is missing.

Alias_2003

Local time
I presume you have an additional library you need to select. check the references to see if one is missing.

There's no reference missing...

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
There appears to be posts missing from this thread or am I going mad?
If anyone has the original name of the download I probably still have it.

Alias_2003

Local time
Hi everyone,
Here's the file's name : planning.zip
Thanks a lot

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay - I think this is the file, but I can't currently get it to run without errors - and unfortunately I am way too busy with the day job to investigate I'm afraid.

Attachments

• planning32.zip
    445.9 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom