Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:16
Rich said:
What business would that be?

We sell custom rehab medical equipment. Mainly to pediatrics. More custom wheelchairs and seating systems but we also do about anything that has to do with ambulatory, standing, bathing, toileting or ADL's.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 10:16
Rich said:
Well if it's such a nice place why aren't you right back where you started from?:confused:

Well Duh cause now he lives in Texas. He got tired of crying over UT beating the sox off of Oklahoma.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Well Duh cause now he lives in Texas. He got tired of crying over UT beating the sox off of Oklahoma.

2 in a row and we go to braggin'. Wanna count NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS?:p

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
We sell custom rehab medical equipment. Mainly to pediatrics. More custom wheelchairs and seating systems but we also do about anything that has to do with ambulatory, standing, bathing, toileting or ADL's.
The demand is higher in Texas?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
The demand is higher in Texas?

The demand would be some what higher just because of the speciality hospitals and rehabs in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, but more than anything the funding sources are easier to work through in Texas and Texas has more government funding sources to get children with a disablity some help. Oklahoma is no where near the size of Texas and does not have any where near the amount of money. (but if you look at the map...Okla is still on top:D )

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 23:46
ColinEssex said:
I lived in Oz for 3 years in Sydney. Bearing in mind it was a few years ago. At that time the whole lifestyle was "USA" - big automatic cars, adverts every 30 seconds on TV, loads of channels, fast food (we first encountered McDonalds there) everything was neon and glitzy, fast talking DJ's on the radio using "Americanisms", super beaches, hot sunshine.
Yep, Sydney appears to many of us outsiders to be a tryhard US city... as are Melbourne & Brisbane, to a lesser extent.
And I can't speak for the many country towns, as I don't know what country towns are like in USA.
But the smaller capitals, such as my home town Adelaide, are a little more quiet & European in feel.
As a result, we get called slow or behind the times by our Eastern neighbours.
(They say when crossing the border into the SA timezone, you turn your clock back 30 minutes and 20 years :rolleyes: )

In fact, the other country Australia is most like would have to be Canada. I went there on holidays in 2000, and it felt like a home away from home (except with different accents & weather :p )

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:16
The only reason i dislike relgion is beacuse it creates two types of people, believers and non-believers

This statment is not true because religion is about tolerance and respect.

There are some people unforetunately who put on a religion mask to commit crimes or earn money. However, if you search, you will find that it really helps to be religious in many ways.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Bee said:
This statment is not true because religion is about tolerance and respect.
Not to mention Crusades / Jihads, Inquisitions, Excommunications... :rolleyes:

zebity

Local time
Today, 17:16
Len Boorman said:
How about those that maybe do not follow a structured religion but would like to hedge their bets in that they nevertheless consider themselves to be Christian (or whatever) in the manner in which they live their lives.

L

Those who think or believe there may be something spirity around them but do not want to adhere themselves to a religion maybe they would like to see what happened to me a completely none believer in anything when I was in my early fifties could maybe look at my journal by the link.

Talk about hedging one's bets.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:16
Adeptus:

In fact, the other country Australia is most like would have to be Canada.

Having had the great pleasure to visit Canada a few years ago with my wife, I was pleased to find much of that country quite charming. It was described to me by folks there as "more European" in nature. However, Montreal is closer to a USA-type city. Toronto was not.

I will not speak ill of the folks in Canada, having been treated quite nicely while there. Also, my dear wife just LOVED the end of the trip - not because it was the end, but because it was in Niagara. She had never seen the falls before and was enthralled by them. Though the Thousand Island region was also fascinating to her.

One other reason I enjoyed the visit was because I am from south Louisiana, which is where many Acadians moved when they left to avoid British rule. The southern end of Quebec Province reminded us both of south Louisiana, with many signs in French and many homes in the style that we call "Acadian." It was like being at home without actually being at home.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
The_Doc_Man said:
Having had the great pleasure to visit Canada a few years ago with my wife, I was pleased to find much of that country quite charming. It was described to me by folks there as "more European" in nature. However, Montreal is closer to a USA-type city. Toronto was not. .

Living in Toronto, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay

The_Doc_Man said:
One other reason I enjoyed the visit was because I am from south Louisiana, which is where many Acadians moved when they left to avoid British rule. The southern end of Quebec Province reminded us both of south Louisiana, with many signs in French and many homes in the style that we call "Acadian." It was like being at home without actually being at home.

The west part of New Brunswick is heavily Acadian. You may want to try a trip there one day. In addition, the west part of the country is really spectacular. I do a lot of travelling because of my business (yes, Access-based applications ;) ) and I really enjoy BC just because of the terrain there.

SHADOW

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
I liked Toronto. We stayed there for a few days, then did a driving trip up to that huge national park (I forget the name) & down to Niagara.

At the time, they had life-size plaster mooses all over town, painted in all different ways :)

Some of the people we were staying with in Toronto drove us around & pointed out some of the filming locations used in XMen... the building they used for the outside of Prof X's school (the inside was another, larger, building! :D ) and a park where they had set up the top of the Statue of Liberty...

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Adeptus said:
I liked Toronto. We stayed there for a few days, then did a driving trip up to that huge national park (I forget the name)...

Algonquin, perhaps?

Adeptus said:
At the time, they had life-size plaster mooses all over town, painted in all different ways :)...

Yes, they still have some of those objets d'art (if you can call them that!)

Adeptus said:
Some of the people we were staying with in Toronto drove us around & pointed out some of the filming locations used in XMen... the building they used for the outside of Prof X's school (the inside was another, larger, building! :D ) and a park where they had set up the top of the Statue of Liberty...

I never saw the movie (I don't really watch movies) but I know that a LOT of them are filmed in Toronto.

SHADOW

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
shadow9449 said:
In addition, the west part of the country is really spectacular. I do a lot of travelling because of my business (yes, Access-based applications ;) ) and I really enjoy BC just because of the terrain there.

SHADOW

Yeah, just completely skip over the prairies (where I live). There's honestly nothing much to see here. I'm not even joking.

R

Rich

Matty said:
Yeah, just completely skip over the prairies (where I live). There's honestly nothing much to see here. I'm not even joking.
It's flat for further than the eye can see

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
You got that right. So I guess it'll be easy to look past it. ;)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Matty said:

Well, someone supplies wheat to the rest of the country (and much of the world!) ;)

I'll be going to Regina in about a month. I'll see firsthand what the praries are like.

:)

SHADOW

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
If you're flying there, give me a wave when you fly over Winnipeg. :)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
shadow9449 said:
Well, someone supplies wheat to the rest of the country (and much of the world!) ;)

I'll be going to Regina in about a month. I'll see firsthand what the praries are like.

:)

SHADOW

Praries have big skies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom