• I believe it's corrupt

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:46
Bodisathva said:
Agreed, but you don't have your job long after you exclaim "Hey, where's the f*****g crapper?":eek:
thats ok (in places) except for the F word. But its ok to say it all in the presence of teenagers:rolleyes:

"Restroom" gives the impression of a lounge type place with nice squashy armchairs, soft music, newspapers etc. . . . . . . not somewhere to rush into when you're desperate for a slash:eek:

Col

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
Thank you for once again teaching me how things are here. I bow, once again, to your superior knowledge of my home. I honestly don't know how I would get though life if not for the learned pearls of wisdom granted me by such a kind tutor from across the sea...

:rolleyes:
That's ok, it's a pleasure to actually educate Americans, tough though the job is, somebody's got to do it. Still it's free even if it doesn't follow the patriotic greatness of your normal state education :rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 11:46
ColinEssex said:
We're happy to help. Don't be embarrassed.;) We've helped Jenny, Kenny, Shaney, Kraj, Vass and many others

Col

The only thing I’ve learned from you two is to question ever telling anyone about my British ancestry.

Although some of my British ancestors were Irish (about half of the British part) so I guess I can still claim that.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
The only thing I’ve learned from you two is to question ever telling anyone about my British ancestry.

Although some of my British ancestors were Irish (about half of the British part) so I guess I can still claim that.
I wouldn't tell the Irish that you think they were British, and how do you do you get about a half?:confused:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:46
Why does Ireland have one rugby team but 2 soccer teams? (yes, I know you call it football)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
I wouldn't tell the Irish that you think they were British, and how do you do you get about a half?:confused:

Well let me see if I can explain this so you'll understand.

Some of my ancestors were English and some were German, still others were French, some were American Indian and some were Irish. So if you include the Irish ones with the English and call them British, then about half of those are Irish.

R

Rich

Ireland and England are two separate countries, Eire or Ireland or The Republic of Ireland is not British although it is a member of The British Isles,
please don't insult the Irish, they take umbrage at being called British, the same as Canadians don't like being called American

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Ireland and England are two separate countries, Eire or Ireland or The Republic of Ireland is not British although it is a member of The British Isles,
please don't insult the Irish, they take umbrage at being called British, the same as Canadians don't like being called American

Ah, but you see Canadians, actually are Americans, the same as Columbians, and Mexicans are.

It's funny how only People from The United States are called Americans.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Ah, but you see Canadians, actually are Americans, the same as Columbians, and Mexicans are.

No it's not funny Jen, the other countries you've mentioned have no wish to be associated with America, the common name now associated with the Ununited States

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:

Strictly speaking, yes, they're all from North America.
However, if you come to Canada, I wouldn't call too many people American. They don't appreciate it.

R

Rich

Matt Greatorex said:
However, if you come to Canada, I wouldn't call too many people American. They don't appreciate it.
I thought Columbia was in South America, has it been moved?:confused:

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
I thought Columbia was in South America, has it been moved?:confused:

I didn't notice that one :eek:

Between that and the Alaska/Canada debate on another thread, it's not been a good week for my geographical knowledge, all round.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
It was tongue and cheek.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
I didn't notice that one :eek:

Between that and the Alaska/Canada debate on another thread, it's not been a good week for my geographical knowledge, all round.

South America is still an American Continent.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:46
Rich said:
Well never mind, we've all got our cross to bear

Never considered it a cross, more like a privilege, but thanks for the unnecessary dig anyway. Wouldn't have expected anything less of ya.

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
We're happy to help. Don't be embarrassed.;) We've helped Jenny, Kenny, Shaney, Kraj, Vass and many others

Col

Collie, I just got through explaining to you my name is not Shaney!

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Never considered it a cross, more like a privilege, but thanks for the unnecessary dig anyway. Wouldn't have expected anything less of ya.
Well if it's such a nice place why aren't you right back where you started from?:confused:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Well if it's such a nice place why aren't you right back where you started from?:confused:

I'm just two hours away from it but unfortuately this is where my family and I have our business so I stay for business reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom