I think it the necessity of not calling by my name
is your name not Shaney then?:confused:

Col

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:36
ColinEssex said:
no, its American and owned by an Australian (which is basically the same):D.
That explains a lot, then:D
ColinEssex said:
In case you haven't been there, Australia is a mini version of the USA, its very American in its ways.
While the Great Outback is on my list of places to visit before I go on to that great argument in the sky, I was under the impression from one of the newer members that the Aussies had some kind of hard-on for the US like the rest of the planet seems to. Are you saying it was just youthful impertinence?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 20:36
Bodisathva said:
I was under the impression from one of the newer members that the Aussies had some kind of hard-on for the US like the rest of the planet seems to. Are you saying it was just youthful impertinence?
I lived in Oz for 3 years in Sydney. Bearing in mind it was a few years ago. At that time the whole lifestyle was "USA" - big automatic cars, adverts every 30 seconds on TV, loads of channels, fast food (we first encountered McDonalds there) everything was neon and glitzy, fast talking DJ's on the radio using "Americanisms", super beaches, hot sunshine.

It was totally different from the UK at that time, and seemed to encompass many things we'd seen in books about the USA - Las Vegas + California beaches + stunning suntanned girls + barbecues etc etc

Col

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
Rich, you are trying my patience with the animosity you project when backed into a corner. turmoil...so I don't spell check, sue me. as for the other,
I responded in the manner in which you posted oh and don't quote an American encyclopedia as evidence against the American bastardisation of the English language, just do the American norm and run to your lawer, if the trial's held in America you'll win:rolleyes:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:36
ColinEssex said:
whats Shaney then? some sort of nickname?:confused:
Col

I guess. I've never been called that by any one. My wife calls me Shane man that's why I chose that handle for here. In high school my nickname was Okie cause I'm from Oklahoma. The only Shaney I ever knew was my uncles dog.:rolleyes: I don't think my uncle liked me much.

Rich said:
Originally Posted by ShaneMan
Just Shane

Didn't you used to be a cowboy?

Still am to a certain degree

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
I responded in the manner in which you posted
I wasn't the one resorting to exclamations...
Rich said:
oh and don't quote an American encyclopedia as evidence against the American bastardisation of the English language
But if we're discussing events and ideas which take place in the US, do we not use proper terminology? For instance, here we refer to the restroom, there you refer to a loo. Context, context, context.
Rich said:
just do the American norm and run to your lawer, if the trial's held in America you'll win:rolleyes:
yet another stereotype...how typical:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
For instance, here we refer to the restroom, there you refer to a loo.
Loo, bog, John, crapper, shithouse, toilet, bathroom, . . . all used in the UK (not John so much because its American)

I use bog personally. "Where's the bog?":rolleyes:

Col

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
Context, context, context.yet another stereotype...how typical:rolleyes:
Well, sorry to disappoint but I've already posted an American report to support the fact that America is a sue all culture, I guess Americans can't rely on God to bring them justice :rolleyes:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Well, sorry to disappoint but I've already posted an American report to support the fact that America is a sue all culture, I guess Americans can't rely on God to bring them justice :rolleyes:
Thank you for once again teaching me how things are here. I bow, once again, to your superior knowledge of my home. I honestly don't know how I would get though life if not for the learned pearls of wisdom granted me by such a kind tutor from across the sea...

:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
Thank you for once again teaching me how things are here. I bow, once again, to your superior knowledge of my home. I honestly don't know how I would get though life if not for the learned pearls of wisdom granted me by such a kind tutor from across the sea...

:rolleyes:
We're happy to help. Don't be embarrassed.;) We've helped Jenny, Kenny, Shaney, Kraj, Vass and many others

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
I like it:D
we never say "Restroom" - its a bit. . . you know. . . . wussy:rolleyes:

In fact, I just said to the girls "have you checked the windows in the bogs?" (its nearly hometime)

Col

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
We're happy to help. Don't be embarrassed.;) We've helped Jenny, Kenny, Shaney, Kraj, Vass and many others
And we do so appreciate it...why, there are times when I wish I could thank you in person:rolleyes:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
we never say "Restroom" - its a bit. . . you know. . . . wussy:rolleyes:
Agreed, but you don't have your job long after you exclaim "Hey, where's the f*****g crapper?":eek:

EDIT: Enjoy your weekend. I have another meeting and I'm out as well.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
And we do so appreciate it...why, there are times when I wish I could thank you in person:rolleyes:
How odd you should say that. . . . .I spoke to Rich on the phone only yesterday and we discussed popping over to Pencil-Vainia to see you:D :eek:

Col

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
How odd you should say that. . . . .I spoke to Rich on the phone only yesterday and we discussed popping over to Pencil-Vainia to see you:D :eek:
Quite...wine is chilling in the cellar, hot tub is in order, guest room prepared...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom