Ribbon messing up until system restart (1 Viewer)

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:03
I have a custom ribbon that shows or enables controls depending on what form is open. Occasionally, the wrong controls are shown and the enabled state is not correct. After a reboot, the issue is resolved. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:03
Are you sure your "application" recognize/discovers which form is open, (missing focus to the form)?

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not sure what's going on. I kind of suspect it's just something with this terminal. I've never seen it on my dev pc. As I said, a reboot fixes the problem, so it seems like the answer to your question is yes.

Giving a little more detail, I have a default ribbon used to open forms. Once a form is opened, there is a different ribbon that has all the same stuff as the previous ribbon plus has record navigation. When the issue is seen, the so called default ribbon is there, when I open a form, I still have the default ribbon. When I close the form, then I see the ribbon with the record navigation. Of course, I see no reason for that to happen.

Even if this is a coding problem, restarting the database should resolve the issue, but it does not.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:03
on closing the form, have you set the variable that makes the record navigation go away?

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, like I said, it typically works fine. I've only seen this issue twice, and a computer restart fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom