Royal Hoodwink (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 08:39
$67,000,000? Doesn't sound very titular to me - ;)

Link

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
Today, 13:39
It isn't on the BBC... so therefore it isn't happening!! ;)

BBC > CNN

KenHigg

Local time
BBC = Queen = Hoodwink ;)

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
I must confess... I really have no idea what you mean :D
no sound at my work place, so I couldn't watch the Vid

KenHigg

Local time
Just trying to stir things up since Col's been under the weather - :p

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
American envy yet again:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Just trying to stir things up since Col's been under the weather - :p

Have I? News to me.

If you're referring to the cost of the monarchy. It works out at 67p per year for each person in the UK.

Fortunately, the Royalty earns the UK much more from tourism, especially the Yanks who crave for some sort of Monarchy as opposed to their dictatorship.

Can anyone tell me - what exactly has Obama done since being elected? (apart from making speeches and threatening Iran)

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Have I? News to me.

If you're referring to the cost of the monarchy. It works out at 67p per year for each person in the UK.

69p actually and it'll be much more for you guys once we get the border posts up and take the garbage out :p

Fortunately, the Royalty earns the UK much more from tourism, especially the Yanks who crave for some sort of Monarchy as opposed to their dictatorship.

Seems to work for some "yanks" my friend came over from Washington State a few years back and every time she went into Edinburgh City Centre, there was the Queen. I think she stalks Scottish tourists looking for a hand out :D

Can anyone tell me - what exactly has Obama done since being elected? (apart from making speeches and threatening Iran)

Col

Well, he's brought some razzle dazzle into the Whitehouse, maybe British politics could take a leaf out the American book, vote pretty!

I get annoyed at the money we waste sending the lesser "royals" on unnecessary journeys. You'd still get the tourism from just the Queen and her immediate heir. How come, even when they get proper jobs like in the army, they don't have to do the tedious "work up through the ranks" bit like real people? What does that teach them? That they're better than the rest of the country? They're still living on State Benefits, no matter how you cut it, just because they don't need to sign on every two weeks doesn't mean it's not a hand out and that they're not just spongers, just on a larger scale than wee Jimmy who works 3 hours a week to top up his £47 a week job seekers allowance but gets screwed for doing it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
$67,000,000? Doesn't sound very titular to me - ;)

Link

Can you post how much it costs the US taxpayer to run the White House and all the Airforce 1 jets. I heard that if Obama visits (say) the UK it can cost tens of millions just for the one visit.

Col

KenHigg

Local time

You cry about 6/gal gas and shrug off 67 million for nothing :rolleyes:

Everyone likes to watch a circus. Following the royals is like watching the beverly hillbilly inbreeds...:rolleyes:

Col

At least we can vote 'em out in four years, you're stuck with the windsors forever...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Can you post how much it costs the US taxpayer to run the White House and all the Airforce 1 jets. I heard that if Obama visits (say) the UK it can cost tens of millions just for the one visit.

Col
I'm sure it's excessive.

Can you post what Elizabeth Windsors postion is/was on any major issue such as the war in Iraq?

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 05:39
I'm sure it's excessive.

Can you post what Elizabeth Windsors postion is/was on any major issue such as the war in Iraq?

the queen as head of state is not allowed to express an opion (in public) about any policital stance that may lead her into conflict with the goveremnt of the day, in theory she can sack the goverment and a general election would ensue - (the queen is head of all armed forces and an oath to her is given)
If the goverment won the election - the queen would have to abdicate (she would probably have to anyway just for sacking a sitting goverement)

In private the queen has a lot of pulling power , she can nudge policy makers , and also be a point of focus for negociations - a call from the Queenie is likely to be hear by any head of state, the queen being A policitcal does give a certain credous (?)

as to the cost of the lesser royals - total agree - Queenie (and her husband ) Charles and the two princes should be supported to a certain degree - as they do most of the offical ceremonies .. Andrew is just in it for the golf,Anne does do a lot of good work - but is still freeloading to a degree and that other sop , well enough said

mind you the Duchess of Kent is fab - she does so much charity work and it not just the face of it - she is invovled in childrens hospicies and actual gets down to meet and deal with parent and the childen - often attending the funerals

chergh

blah
Local time
The royal family are a bunch of worthless parasites. As for the tourist argument, France is the most popular tourist destination in the world and they killed their aristocracy maybe we should give it a try and see if we can knock them off the top spot.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
The royal family are a bunch of worthless parasites. As for the tourist argument, France is the most popular tourist destination in the world and they killed their aristocracy maybe we should give it a try and see if we can knock them off the top spot.

No, I'm sorry, much as I dislike spongers I can't agree with killing them. As they are deemed to be a tourist attraction, much the same as London Zoo once was, why not just cage them? Keep them in one place where visitors can pay their money and be guaranteed to see them.

KenHigg

Local time
'not allowed to express an opion' That's too much. :rolleyes: Who made that rule, her? She has everyone fooled...

the queen as head of state is not allowed to express an opion (in public) about any policital stance that may lead her into conflict with the goveremnt of the day, in theory she can sack the goverment and a general election would ensue - (the queen is head of all armed forces and an oath to her is given)
If the goverment won the election - the queen would have to abdicate (she would probably have to anyway just for sacking a sitting goverement)

In private the queen has a lot of pulling power , she can nudge policy makers , and also be a point of focus for negociations - a call from the Queenie is likely to be hear by any head of state, the queen being A policitcal does give a certain credous (?)

That why she's been around for so long, she's not held responsible for of her positions. If she rallied for the Iraq invasion and it went bad nobody knew any different. If she rallied against it, same outcome. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me... :rolleyes:

KenHigg

Local time
No, I'm sorry, much as I dislike spongers I can't agree with killing them. As they are deemed to be a tourist attraction, much the same as London Zoo once was, why not just cage them? Keep them in one place where visitors can pay their money and be guaranteed to see them.

I'm guessing they could draw in more money for the country if they were in a zoo cage. They could even been sent on a world cage tour. Think of the US dollars they'd pull in :D

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 05:39
She performs a useful function - ie in attending functions where really there is nothing to do. Thereby leaving the people who have real function, to function efficiently by not having to attend functions.

The alternative would be to have the functional people, also attend useless functions which would make a them less functional.

Obviuosly

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Hmm, American dollars at the moment would be a good idea, the pound is that worthless I think I'd even settle for Zimbawe dollars!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
'not allowed to express an opion' That's too much. :rolleyes: Who made that rule, her? She has everyone fooled...

This rule does not apply to her husband though, presumably because he's a foreigner and wouldn't understand any British rules. He's always happy to call a spade a spade (or a black man come to that :eek:).

KenHigg

Local time
This rule does not apply to her husband though, presumably because he's a foreigner and wouldn't understand any British rules. He's always happy to call a spade a spade (or a black man come to that :eek:).

He's a pitiful piece of work isn't he... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom