Local time
Today, 06:28
CE should like this as old people ;) tend to like auto trans... :p

Link

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 03:28
Col is currently in the Marquis following Liverpool. And a fine way to spend your retirement that is too Col!

I can't wait - on current calculations around 40 years to go!?!

KenHigg

Local time
Col is currently in the Marquis following Liverpool. And a fine way to spend your retirement that is too Col!

Marquis:
noun
1. humorist who wrote about the imaginary life of cockroaches

That's him :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 11:28

Ignoring what the Redneck gunslinger from the bible belt has said. . . . . . You lost me there Paul - Marquis? I don't follow Liverpool, why would a Southerner follow a Northern team?

Plus, retirement from the NHS is nice. But, I'll need to get a job in the next few months - thats the plan anyway.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
CE should like this as old people ;) tend to like auto trans...
Here's a question for you - what percentage of cars in the USA have automatic transmission?

I wasn't aware any American was capable of using a proper manual gear shift. We're led to believe all US cars are automatic. . . . . :confused:

It's a bit like NASCAR where they are incapable of making left and right turns so always go in an oval track to avoid confusion.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Ignoring what the Redneck gunslinger from the bible belt has said. . .Col

Name calling again Col? Not very nice. :rolleyes: Why you feel you have to stoop so low I'll never know - At least you did show a little respect by using an upper case 'R' in redneck :)

ken

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 03:28
Colin - one of the best car chases has Steve McQueen in it and this is a manual - ( Stick Shift?)

Quite a lot of the films also have manual Gear changes as well

I think this one was a bit beneath the Belt.

mind you what percentage is automatic ?? - it is probably quite high

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
My current car has a manual box but I have driven and owned cars with automatic boxes, what I cannot understand is why scorn is poured on automatics, what's great, clever, thrilling, or whatever, about changing gear?

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
My current car has a manual box but I have driven and owned cars with automatic boxes, what I cannot understand is why scorn is poured on automatics, what's great, clever, thrilling, or whatever, about changing gear?

Brian

Nothing. ;) It's 'great, clever, thrilling, or whatever, in some peoples mind to be a horses a__ :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Name calling again Col?
No not at all. I understand Rednecks live in Georgia, you have a gun and kill things so that's the gunslinger part, and the bible belt is also in the southern states.

Whats the problem? It's certainly less offensive than the names you call me, at least I can justify my posts whereas your namecalling is just plain rude and ignorant. Not really surprising though.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
You my friend, at times, are the epitome of rude and ignorant, as most in this forum will attest to ;)

statsman

Local time
I would estimate 70 - 80% of cars in North American have automatic transmissions.

It's just the way the auto market has gone over here.

I have owned cars with both. In my recent trip to Europe I had a Renault with manual. Upon my return home I had to keep myself from putting my left foot down whenever I came to a red light or stop sign.

PS - Manual is referred to as "standard" in North America. Probably along the lines of boot - trunk, bonnet - hood etc.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You my friend, at times, are the epitome of rude and ignorant, as most in this forum will attest to ;)

and you're not?:rolleyes: oh, and your use of the words "my friend" is somewhat optimistic.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I would estimate 70 - 80% of cars in North American have automatic transmissions.

It's just the way the auto market has gone over here.

I have owned cars with both. In my recent trip to Europe I had a Renault with manual. Upon my return home I had to keep myself from putting my left foot down whenever I came to a red light or stop sign.

Thank you for an answer to a civil question. There are others here who seem to ignore normal conversation and only wish to stir people up.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Thank you for an answer to a civil question. There are others here who seem to ignore normal conversation and only wish to stir people up.

Col

Like those who call people rednecks - ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Like those who call people rednecks - ;)

Thats no different to me calling a Liverpool person a 'scouser' or a Birmingham person a 'brummie' - what is your problem?
I'm afraid I can't see it other than you wanting to cause an argument for the sake of it.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Thats no different to me calling a Liverpool person a 'scouser' or a Birmingham person a 'brummie' - Col

Boy, for a person that thinks he has some kind of an ethical upperhand you sure call a bunch of people names and use a lot of slang... So much for being 'proper' :p

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Boy, for a person that thinks he has some kind of an ethical upperhand you sure call a bunch of people names and use a lot slang... So much for being 'proper' :p

You need to get out more Kennybabe.:rolleyes:

The examples I gave are normal banter in the UK - they are not seen as offensive.

Why are you so sensitive?
you going to report me again like you did before you disappeared for a while, then came creeping back to stir things up again? then try to blame me?

or are you going to stop calling people by the nether end of an equine? is that normal in redneck land?

Col

KenHigg

Local time
I'm tired of fussin' for now... :)

Friends ?

:)
ken

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Scouser and Brummie are names for people from certain areas of Liverpool and Birmingham respectively and are usually used with affection, I doubt if redneck is ever anything but an insult, but I could be wrong.

Brian
PS I don't qualify as a scouser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom