Want to share cancer experience!! (1 Viewer)

John

Local time
Yesterday, 20:29
Hello everyone, I am working in a private firm and here I am looking for some information. Actually I am a cancer patient and looking for a source where I can discuss cancer related problems and share my experiences with other people. When I heard that I am suffering from cancer I was felling uneasy but that time my family friends helped me a lot and encouraged to fight the situation. So, if you people have any idea where I can talk about cancer then please let me know.
Any help will be really helpful. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 04:29
That is exactly what McMillan Cancer care was set up for. www.macmillan.org.uk They will not only help you but your family as well, remember this is not a disease that only affects the person whose body is inflicted with it, it affects the entire family.

You should also find that they have an office in the Oncology department at most hospitals.

I do hope you get well soon.

Local time
Yesterday, 22:29
I do hope you get well soon.

Ditto.

I know that several of our members here have, have had, or have a family member who has or has had cancer.

Since this is a technical forum, I'm not sure how willing they are to expose their lives by discussing it or how often they check in.

But if you can ever get them talking, I'm sure you'll get some good advice.

I really do hope you are healed. Keep the faith, brother.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I've got a sneaky feeling that this is just spam;)

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:29
I've got a sneaky feeling that this is just spam;)

Not sure I understand. SPAM usually indicates an advertisement of some type. He was not advertising anything as far as I could tell, and the only advertisement (if you want to call it that) was the referral by oumahexi to a site where people talk about that type of experience.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Not sure I understand. SPAM usually indicates an advertisement of some type. He was not advertising anything as far as I could tell, and the only advertisement (if you want to call it that) was the referral by oumahexi to a site where people talk about that type of experience.

I think Rich is probably correct in this. Not that the original post was spam, but that it is a setup. What happens frequently is that you'll have someone come in as one user name, make a post asking a question, and then they will return as someone else (or work in tandem with someone else) to come in an post a link to a website which is what they wanted to post in the first place. Now, it may not be so, but in all of my experience as a mod/admin on the site, it is more frequently so than not.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:29
We have seen many posts much like this one.
- New user
- Looking for "something", website/Forum/product/advice whatever

Then a few days later a second new user comes along and says:
" Offcourse you should go buy it here "
or
" Offcourse the best website for this is... "

Etc.

I agree with Rich, given the experience in the past with simular posts from new users. Odds are good it is spam...

***** Disclaimer *****

If past experience has poisoned me to these kinds of posts and the OP is honest and such.. I must appologize to him/her before hand.

***** Disclaimer *****

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I think it's one of the worst thing you could possibly scam about! Please don't say I have to wear the donkey ears again :(

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You replied in good faith, you cannot be criticised for that.

Brian

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
And just remember, it might be legit, but it is just that the odds are not in its favor.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
But, given that "John" here is also named "Donald" at another site, it really is suspicious.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
well on the assumption that it is valid - Pickering Centres are also good as is a good diet .. if this is a con then I hope John gets warts .. if its for real then i take it back

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 23:29
well on the assumption that it is valid - Pickering Centres are also good as is a good diet .. if this is a con then I hope John gets warts .. if its for real then i take it back

You may want to get some of the to send him just in case:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
On his dick.................

As Sharon Osborne would say "Cauliflower" :eek:

As George suggested, anything is possible, would you like some cheese with that sir?

John, obviously, you are in safe hands if you're genuine, but then, if you were, you'd have probably answered one of the nice people with a teeny weeny "thank you" by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom