What's Happening (2 Viewers)

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
Ditto :) :) :)

I would think that you'd be elated to have a daugther who is waiting for Mr. Right instead of being promiscuous...
I can't see how enjoying life makes one promiscuous :confused:

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:50
What a great post Tess. It's really good to hear that things are going so well for you. I'm pleased to see that you're trying to get the good atmosphere back that existed here in the cooler once upon a time.

I met up with Lynsey at the weekend and your name came up in our conversation somewhere along the line...all good of course :) She thinks very highly of you. She's a little worse for wear at the moment, was involved in a car crash but she is fine just a little sore, nothing that some alcohol couldn't cure :) Apparantly although she was driving, it was nothing to do with her usual rally driving.......... ;)

Let's try to keep your thread rolling in the right direction and I'll try to think what I've been up to of late......I changed jobs approximately a year ago now and don't really do very much in the line of Access Development any longer, only on an ad-hoc basis which is why my visits to the forum are now less frequent than before. The job I'm in now is more web development and Excel based but I do get to play with Access now and again. It's really going very well, never been happier at work!

As some on the forum already know, I got engaged last August and the wedding is planned for next year. They tell me it's all down hill after that so I've got plenty to look forward to then :p

So you've told us how all your kids are doing, what about an update on how you are doing?

Best wishes
Hay

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
SaraMegan said:
I have news, too. I got married two and a half months ago,
--Sara

Many congratulations Sara :) Did you save us a picture of your wedding? Would be lovely to see a photo of your special day if you care to post one?

All the best
Hay

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
Hayley Baxter said:
Let's try to keep your thread rolling in the right direction
Yes, let's. I'll take up the discussion of morality and promiscuity in the Debate thread as I think it's a good topic for interesting debate. However.... LOL it could just as well wind up in the Boxing Ring.... so I may just go ahead and post it there. ;)

Hayley Baxter said:
So you've told us how all your kids are doing, what about an update on how you are doing?

Yeah... you noticed that huh? Well, after being bought out by the dastardly Carlylse Group aka The Ex-President's Club, the pirates came aboard and ravaged our ship. The whole I.T. department was thrown out on its bum as they outsourced all I.T. matters to Perot Systems. Yes, as in H. Ross Perot. Anyone else see the trend here?
That was over two years ago and since then, I've been consulting. Consulting doesn't pay what it used to. There are no benefits, no time off at all that is paid, but it kept us paying the blls. It was also very difficult personally. When I was consulting, I never quite felt like I was part of a real family. There was a sense of disconnect as each project could end at any time. I picked up a couple of friends during my last assignment.... one or two I can say confidently that will remain in close contact..... of course one was another consultant, like me. But on the whole, I felt quite alienated. This feeling of alienation was compounded by things happening to the world around me. The face of America has been changing and its looking less and less like my own. Patriotism felt after 9/11 has been warped into a mob-like mentality. If I disagree with the war, or express distrust in my own government, I'm no longer an "American". More alienation.
So, that being said, I think it must be clear why when I come back to my longtime friends in cyberspace, where I've always felt accepted, and find it in such a chaotic, ugly state, I reacted the way I did. (And you can also understand how touched I am to know that two birds an ocean away are speaking well of me! :) )

Anyway, after several months of looking for an opportunity for permanent employment, I found a small company that looks like they need me as much as I need them. My last day with JPMorgan as a consultant was Friday. My co-worker bought a card which she had several people sign, and presented it to me with a bottle of Kahlua. I laughed when they all came over to watch me open my going away gift... and told them, "Gee, if you told me you liked me this much and brought me alcohol every once in a while... maybe I wouldn't be leaving!" But no, I still would have left. I was hired for my Access skills, but the job was turning into more of a Project Management job and I was quickly losing my technical skills. I couldn't let that happen.

Tomorrow, I'll be starting as a Report Writer using Actuate... which I have never used. And I'm nervous as hell and hope to god that I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, that people like me. :D

Last edited:

SaraMegan

Starving Artist
Local time
Okay, you asked for it. Here's a pic of me and the lucky guy. :)

Attachments

• Sara&Ian1.jpg
    Sara&Ian1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 233

KenHigg

Local time
Wow. He is a lucky guy!!!... (Wonder why he has that silly grin on his face :) :))

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
OMG Hay... look at Sara! Isn't that just the picture of happiness?
Doesn't look like its downhill from there to me! What a wonderful feeling with so much life and love ahead of you...

Congratulations, Sara. I'm so very happy for you.

Now Hay... how about an engagement photo? Has one been posted and I missed it?

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sure you will do very well in your new position Tess, trying out something new is half the fun. You will be fine :)

OMG Hay... look at Sara! Isn't that just the picture of happiness?

Yes that's a really good pic of our Sara. You've changed so much from the last picture I remember of you.....lovely photo. All the best to you both............if only it were that easy to get a pic of Rich :rolleyes:

Now Hay... how about an engagement photo? Has one been posted and I missed it?

No haven't posted one. We just had a quiet engagement, no big fancy do or anything so don't actually have any "engagement photos" but I'm sure I can find one of us to post for you....got some from Friday night when we were out for my birthday actually....let me have a look..

Hay

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
All the best to you both............if only it were that easy to get a pic of Rich :rolleyes:

Here he is - top row, middle column. Bless him ... :p

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Here you go then....a pic from Friday night

Hay

Attachments

• Hay_Stu.jpg
    Hay_Stu.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 246

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Ah. Another priceless picture that makes me smile.

:D

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
First day of my new job today. BOY do I have a lot to learn.... but that's a good thing! Haven't had too much opportunity to learn new things in the past 2 years.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
TessB said:
First day of my new job today. BOY do I have a lot to learn.... but that's a good thing! Haven't had too much opportunity to learn new things in the past 2 years.

Should you be using their computers for a natter on your first day? :p

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
dan-cat said:
Should you be using their computers for a natter on your first day? :p
LOL... that was posted at almost 8 pm my time. I was at home by then, not on their computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom