What's Happening (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 07:13
Hello all you lovely people.

This wonderful roped off area of the watercooler is going to be reserved for sharing important happenings of our lives.

Once upon a time, I found a place where there lived a great and mighty people. These people were witty, fun, and supportive. These people were friends. These people respected, loved and entertained each other every day and reached out across vast oceans and high mountains to do so.

They had no queen except kindness. They had no king besides humour. It was a lovely, lovely world. And then, they were dispersed. Flung to distant lands and separated from each other. They landed in places called "Bush-Lovers" and "America-Haters", "War-Mongers" and "Arrogant Elitists", "Blinded by Hate" and "Blinded by Passion".

Can it be saved? Will its inhabitants find their way home? And what has been happening to them this past year? Tell us here.

KenHigg

Local time
What an incredibly refreshing read. Not to mention an excellent challenge...

(Thought I was reading Swift for a moment :p )

Last edited:

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Thanks for asking about my kids, Rich.

Yes, they are getting quite ancient. ;)

My son... I think I posted a pic of him and I a few years ago..... well, he's nearly 6 foot tall now! Of course, he's still gorgeous and quite popular with the girls. He's in all Honors Classes. (That's advanced classes if you're not familiar with the term.) He's in his 3rd year of Orchestra, mastering the cello. He's holding a job, trying out for his High School Basketball Team, and playing in a :rolleyes: "band" <<shakes head>> More on THAT topic later.

My middle girl is a Senior in High School. She's stunningly beautiful and has a personality to match. Well, except when she goes PMS on us. :eek: Then, everyone runs for cover! LOL She has a steady boyfriend that she poached from her brother's basketball team years ago. He's a great kid, just like my son... in Honor's Classes, playing trumpet in the Marching Band at school, holding a job. And she is quietly ruining him. ;) More on THAT topic later too.

My oldest is graduated (Class of 2004). She's 20, still a virgin and is DYING to make it impossible for me to claim that anymore. She has no boyfriend, but REALLY wants one. Not necessarily for someone to talk to.... I think she'd be satisfied with a little cutie that could just "help her out" a few times a week. I pity the poor lad she lands. :D

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:13
TessB said:
She has no boyfriend, but REALLY wants one. Not necessarily for someone to talk to.... I think she'd be satisfied with a little cutie that could just "help her out" a few times a week.
Is she willing to travel? ;) :D :p

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
I knew I'd get a few willing to make a gallant "sacrifice". LOL

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
I just couldn't help myself. But in all seriousness, it sounds like things are going really well for you. Wonderful to hear!

SaraMegan

Starving Artist
Local time
Hey, Tess.

Nice to see that things in your family are going well. I've recently returned to popping in once in a while for general advice on maintaining and improving old DBs.

I have news, too. I got married two and a half months ago, we moved back to New Hampshire from Chicago (but OH how I miss it!) and we're trying to start our own nonprofit business and buy a home.

Anyway, this is just a simple pop in to say hello to anyone I used to chat with who is still around. I missed you at the wedding. ;)

--Sara

R

Rich

TessB said:
She's 20, still a virgin and is DYING to make it impossible for me to claim that anymore. She has no boyfriend, but REALLY wants one. Not necessarily for someone to talk to.... I think she'd be satisfied with a little cutie that could just "help her out" a few times a week. I pity the poor lad she lands. :D
Don't wish for it! She'll end up making you a Grandmother and we know you're not old enough yet for that title :D

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Naw, I'm not wishing for it.. But I DO empathize with her.

I mean... she's 20!!!! And she has been described by people OTHER than her family as "jaw dropping gorgeous"

I didn't make it to 20 as a virgin. I don't know many, if ANY that did. So, I really have no reference of that kind of "deprivation" if you will.

KenHigg

Local time
Hum... Maybe she has moral reasons to wait? :)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Obviously she has morals, and obviously she is "waiting". But, what she is waiting for and what you have inferred she possibly should wait for may be different things. Are you saying that a moral person should wait for marriage?

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
LOL... Nope.. Our personal morals require us to honest with our children.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Is it correct that you start your new job tomorrow Tess? If so all the best with it.
Is this the last day in your old job, or are you between jobs at the moment?

Brian :)

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
well hopefully ur daughter is waitin to meet the right guy, im 22 and my g/f lost hers to me, shes 19, and in london,england 16 is old to lose it these days lol... but we been togeather for 11 months now. so goin well.
I lost mine at 18 to a girl who i was only with for a few months.. lol..
I think the average age in london is 14-16.

regards
Darren

KenHigg

Local time
jsanders said:
If ones personal morals dictate.

Ditto :) :) :)

I would think that you'd be elated to have a daugther who is waiting for Mr. Right instead of being promiscuous...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom