What's your pleasure? (1 Viewer)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 04:08
America has the fire power to destroy the world hundreds of times over - why are they doing it bit by bit?

Col

From a purely personal point of view I prefer it bit by bit...........;)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
The main thing is to get Iraq sorted, stop killing US troops (4,000 dead now in Iraq) and stop buggering up the world economy. Stop the USA being so arrogant and thinking it owns the planet.
Get the USA back to a position where it is respected again and not the most hated country in the world.
Sort out the USA home issues and keep out of world affairs, when the USA learns that then we'll be getting somewhere.

Col

Col: You're preaching to the choir (at least at my house...) :eek:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Col: You're preaching to the choir (at least at my house...) :eek:

Well for christs (and anybody elses) sake vote in someone sensible who can do it.

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:08
Well for christs (and anybody elses) sake vote in someone sensible who can do it.

Col

Have no idea which PM said it but here goes:
"If you want a better Cabinet, give me better wood to build it with".

The main problem with standing for public office these days is the scrutiny you must survive in order to get elected. You could be in your 40's but somthing that you did in your teens can come back to haunt you. This is the main reason better people don't run.
I'm still waiting for one of Obama's people to bring up Whitewater. Perhaps they're keeping in reserve til the next poll.

Ksan

Flailling in the dark
Local time
Personally I follow the presidential race from the vantage point of generalisation and am more interested in the prospect of seeing what a new breed of president would be like.

Would a woman or a black man perhaps usher in a new perspective in the nations consiousness as a whole? The States needs a big sea-change in perception to improve its persona in the world at large.

But... If pushed? I would argue that Obama is the way to go.

Hilary Clinton as a woman may bring a totally new perspective to the post but she is still Clinton's wife and that, carries with it many different kinds of baggage. You need only look at George W's vendetta to finish his father's work in Iraq to see that a prior relationship to the post isn't conducive to a radical, clean break. No matter the intentions there will always be echos of his career being used for or against hers, by allies, opponents and the media.

Back in the 90's a heard a radio interview where the actor Will Smith, lamented that he didn't think he'd see a black president in his life time (I think he may have been asked if he would ever run for office). Lets hope he's wrong (and decides to run some day!!!).

Local time
Yesterday, 23:08
The main thing is to get Iraq sorted, stop killing US troops (4,000 dead now in Iraq) and stop buggering up the world economy. Stop the USA being so arrogant and thinking it owns the planet.
Get the USA back to a position where it is respected again and not the most hated country in the world.
Sort out the USA home issues and keep out of world affairs, when the USA learns that then we'll be getting somewhere.

Col

Keeping with the US standard of interfering with foriegn matters, I'd like to mention the 50 - 600,000 Iraqi casualties. If yet another new generation of physically and mentally scarred "freedom-hating" (read western imperial/interventionist policy hating) people with little to no hope for the future isn't of prime concern here, there is something seriously wrong with us.

In defiance of my American instincts, and out of respect for the spirit of this thread, I will refrain from weighing in on the main topic. Go ***** *****!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Keeping with the US standard of interfering with foriegn matters, I'd like to mention the 50 - 600,000 Iraqi casualties. If yet another new generation of physically and mentally scarred "freedom-hating" (read western imperial/interventionist policy hating) people with little to no hope for the future isn't of prime concern here, there is something seriously wrong with us.

In defiance of my American instincts, and out of respect for the spirit of this thread, I will refrain from weighing in on the main topic. Go ***** *****!

So if the USA is so caring, why doesn't it sort out the atrocities in Africa, like the Sudan and Zimbabwe. Or North Korea or China?

Answer? No oil. Don't try and tell us the USA is acting in a humanitarian way in Iraq.

Go ***** *****! (whatever that means, I have no idea)

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time

Col

I thought you were anti-religion.... :p

Seriously though, I completely agree with you Col.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I thought you were anti-religion.... :p

Seriously though, I completely agree with you Col.

The word christ in this context is a slang (swear) word, nothing to do with religion.
I could have used other stronger words but it's not in keeping with forum ettiquette.

I am anti-Chinese regeme but I still like a chinky every now and then.

Col

statsman

Local time
So if the USA is so caring, why doesn't it sort out the atrocities in Africa, like the Sudan and Zimbabwe. Or North Korea or China?

Answer? No oil. Don't try and tell us the USA is acting in a humanitarian way in Iraq.

Col

C'mon Col...you know the REAL asnwer.
The instant they go to one of these places, you would be all over them like a rash.
Unless you are prepared to admit the possiblity (no matter how remote) that the US could do somthing right? :D

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
C'mon Col...you know the REAL asnwer.
The instant they go to one of these places, you would be all over them like a rash.
:D

Blimey Statsman do you really think the US government is that afraid of Col? :eek:

statsman

Local time
Although posed tongue in cheek as it were, the actual question was:

Col

If the US did as Col suggested, was he prepared to admit they had done somthing right?

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Although posed tongue in cheek as it were, the actual question was:

If the US did as Col suggested, was he prepared to admit they had done somthing right?

Of course! Col is magnanimous by nature and would be the first to praise a change for the better in dubious (world view) US international policies. I have no doubt he'll be writing letters of advice to the Presidential hopefuls even now in order to help them see the pitfalls that lie ahead. ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

The USA has done many things right.

In fact, without the USA in the past, the world would be a poorer place.

Col

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 20:08
The USA has done many things right.

In fact, without the USA in the past, the world would be a poorer place.

Col

Blimey - are you alright Col.... has the sun got to you..
abducted by aliens and replaced with a clone ....
lol

sandy6078

Take a deep breath
Local time
The US is still doing many many good things for other nations such as delivering more than $2.1 billion in food aid to 78 countries last year and President Bush has ordered the release of 200 million in emergency aid.

Local time

Col

the last bit was me weighing in on the presidential bids.

If it looked like I was implying that the US was behaving in a humanitarian way (I cannot fathom how my referencing the appallingly high rate of Iraqi casualties could be taken as such) then I apologize. It seems quite obvious that US foreign policy took aim to secure a stock of petroleum resources. It seems even more obvious that this has been an absolute failure. Perhaps even more obvious yet is that this money would have been far better spent in Alternative energy R+D.

Local time
The US is still doing many many good things for other nations such as delivering more than $2.1 billion in food aid to 78 countries last year and President Bush has ordered the release of 200 million in emergency aid.

Compare to 117 bil. military expenditures in Iraq by sept. 30; aren't we the model of compassion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom