Dark theme! (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:35
Ah, that must be a theme specific thing. When I remove dark mode, one of those arrows disappear.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:35
And the hunt for new features starts anew.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Not sure if you are still in dark mode or not. But if you are, switch back and experience blindness.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Not sure if you are still in dark mode or not. But if you are, switch back and experience blindness.
I did to check the arrows.
Dark theme is really growing on me.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Anything new encounters resistance. I am not sure what time it is where you are, but I don't have to squint at my screen right now despite it being late. I do love the normal theme for daytime though.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:35
I find the change in light reflection a bit jarring when navigating other sites that all have light background. Switched to light background. And now that your site is back and I switched theme, my fan is racing like crazy!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Not sure what time it is there @June7, but when its late, it is a bit easier on my eyes.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, I think I prefer the Shades of Grey dark theme to the new one I added. I will try to upload another theme tomorrow for the farmers.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
OK, what's really odd is that the theme takes over the email as well??

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 18:35
Well, dark here outside, but I am inside where we have electricity and lights :giggle: (which are turned on) so that won't matter.
hopefully not off topic....back in 2012 when I worked at Collins Aerospace, there were many managers that would stay late to get work done in the winter time, after it had gotten dark, and would sit in their offices literally for hours with the lights off. My suspicion is that, because the place was so immersed in political correctness, that the managers were giving an effort to conserve energy based on the belief that "the world is going to run out of energy supply".

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Had to switch back. All the Forums I stop by are light and the switch was working for me. I also sit in the dark and use the glow off the monitor.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Sorry Jon but I also had to switch back. I find dark themes hurt my eyes more and make any coloured text hard to read.
The stickies were illegible on an orange background.
In fact if you can change that orange sticky background colour it would look better. How about blue instead?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'm finding its giving my sleepy tired eyes a bit of a break. It certainly gives the site a different feel.

I will have to sort out the logo at the top. It says Xenforo now!
I have been using Flux for a good few years now.

When I logged on this morning, the Use Default Style did not appear to work, so I clicked Default Style. Now back to how I would prefer it.

In the days of Dos I used to have a yellow font on a blue background. That was so much easier on the eyes to me.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
OK, what's really odd is that the theme takes over the email as well??
I think that is just for a post when the dark theme was set.?
I had two emails today, one normal and one with that theme.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I will reset the default back today and periodically enable dark theme occasionally, just so people know they have a choice.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, back to the normal theme as the default today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom