Guantanamo Bay (1 Viewer)

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:19
It is very easy to asume that all those held at Guantanamo Bay MUSt be some sort of Terrorist and therefore deserves to be held in detension, however I must admidt that I ammore than a little uncomfortable with the US holding them indefinitely, esp in a place where they have no "rights". Can we really spread freedom around the world by deneying individuals basic rights such as a fair trial?

I see that today there is a hearing as to what will happen Supreme Court showdown on detainees

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7120713.stm
it will be interesting so see what happens in the next few months.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Guantanamo Bay is an international outrage which is an affront to many people who respect Justice. I am sure it is counterproductive for the USA to be associated with this. Let's hope that the next US president regardless of which party will do something about this. It has gone on far too long.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:19
American 'justice' at its finest!!!

msp

Registered User.
Local time
I aggree with you but I cannot see any future administration changing direction...

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 11:19
Guantanamo Bay is an international outrage which is an affront to many people who respect Justice. I am sure it is counterproductive for the USA to be associated with this. Let's hope that the next US president regardless of which party will do something about this. It has gone on far too long.

I suppose they could export these thugs to the UK and shut it gitmo down :)

R

Rich

I suppose they could export these thugs to the UK and shut it gitmo down :)

Who said they were THUGS, Bush? Well there's a considered judgement eh and it just shows how gullible Yanks are:rolleyes:

KenHigg

Local time
Who said they were THUGS, Bush? Well there's a considered judgement eh and it just shows how gullible Yanks are:rolleyes:

You live in such an enlightened country why don't you petition your leaders to take them... Or are you just full of a lot of idle talk again?

I'm guessing some of them probably killed British soldiers :(

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:19
I'm guessing some of them probably killed British soldiers :(

"Probably" seems to be all that is required as evidence to the US administration. Facts, apparently, come a long way second (Weapons of Mass Destruction???)

KenHigg

Local time
"Probably" seems to be all that is required as evidence to the US administration. Facts, apparently, come a long way second (Weapons of Mass Destruction???)

So you'll petition your leaders to take them? (I didn't think so...)

BTW: How the heck did we (the US) end up with a pc of the island to begin with?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
BTW: How the heck did we (the US) end up with a pc of the island to begin with?

Presumably the same way that you got the rest of your lands, stole it from the natives or bought it from somebody who had stolen it from the natives.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Just thought that I would ask the questions again, perhaps I might get an answer, but I wont hold my breath.

Brian

I'm waiting as well... But reading back I couldn't find where anyone said they were found guilty in a court of law so I'm not holding my breath either :)

Would you mind taking a few in to your home while they look for somewhere to keep them out of the goodness of your heart? (I didn't think so...)

KenHigg

Local time
Presumably the same way that you got the rest of your lands, stole it from the natives or bought it from somebody who had stolen it from the natives.

Brian

Oh, you're still upset about us asking you guys to leave :( Sorry, come on back over anytime :))

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Christ Ken have you morphed into Rich, you not only don't answer the questions but change the direction of the argument when it suites. :confused::confused:

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Christ Ken have you morphed into Rich, you not only don't answer the questions but change the direction of the argument when it suites. :confused::confused:

Brian

What question didn't I answer Brian?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
What question didn't I answer Brian?

You called them thugs, so asked what they had been found guilty of and in which court.

Anyway I'm finding the responses dog slow so I'm off and will catch you another day.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Yeah - slow over here too... Later

Edit: Just got a bit faster here...

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
I would assume that if the military picked them up and shipped them way over there they probably weren't selling ice cream on the corner would you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom