Has impeachment lost its oomph? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:52
I trust that you realize, that if you have a computer (which obviously you do have) that you can look at other sources of information. You could become self-motivated and explore those opportunities. I suggest that you watch the video below.
I think it ultimately comes down to this: if nearly everything you see suggests a particular viewpoint, there must be a large dose of truth to it. So, we save time and don't research further. Ultimately, we can't research everything due to limited time, and so have to rely on assumption with many things.

Let's take global warming. Many assume, like I did, that because everybody is saying it is true then it must be true. Then I discovered that there are many alternative arguments that were very persuasive. Those who disagreed with the "obvious truth" were nut jobs who were sociopaths who don't care about anybody else but themselves. Selfish! This view is stronger in the UK than in the US.

Straw-man arguments are presented to show how stupid the "deniers" are. "It's obvious the globe is warming up. Just look at the data!" Yet what they don't realise is that the skeptics also believe the globe is warming up. The argument revolves around the cause of the warming, not that it is warming up. If you have to be deceptive with the rhetoric to win the argument, then your argument is not very strong in the first place. That is why they use terms like global warming "deniers", while they are not denying rising temperatures at all. Its all trickery.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:52
Is Col forced to watch only UK content?

1613056694053.png

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:52
Then you're in luck, "A Clockwork Orange" is about as British as you can get...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think it ultimately comes down to this: if nearly everything you see suggests a particular viewpoint, there must be a large dose of truth to it.
This is confirmation bias and is exactly why Goebbels considered repetition a way to convince the masses. It is exactly the way Google manipulates you. It is being used today to great effect by big tech and the left wing media around the world, not just in the US.
If you have to be deceptive with the rhetoric to win the argument, then your argument is not very strong in the first place.
Trump says a lot of stupid stuff and tweets even more stupid stuff so the press has lots of fodder if they just want to make him sound stupid but, if the media has to edit Trump's remarks to make them seem evil, perhaps it is not Trump who is evil. Just think about it. WHY is the media lying to us? Because editing someone's words and then "interpreting" them in the most evil way is an attempt to manipulate the great unwashed into thinking the way the media wants them to think.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
American TV has nothing to do with your choices of information. You seem to restrict yourself to a narrow source.
Yes, you're probably right. To be honest, I'm not interested in American politics, that's why I can't be bothered to get additional info from stations like CNN, it's just a boring drag.
American TV shows are all over the top with stupid humour, or overdone unrealistic computer generated action. Too many guns and murders for my liking.
Each to their own I say. I prefer nature documentaries and gardening programmes (British of course)
Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
My point is real simple don't watch American there are other sources maybe Canadian, Australian, French? But you want to make it about us, that's cool 😎

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
This is confirmation bias and is exactly why Goebbels considered repetition a way to convince the masses. It is exactly the way Google manipulates you. It is being used today to great effect by big tech and the left wing media around the world, not just in the US.
Just to be clear, because my original post wasn't, my meaning was that people assume that things are true if you see something as the majority viewpoint. But that doesn't make it true. I'm sure you got my meaning but it wasn't explicit.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
My point is real simple don't watch American there are other sources maybe Canadian, Australian, French? But you want to make it about us, that's cool 😎
I'm quite liking some of the Sky Australian News network. They are quite direct and I find it entertaining. Lots of it on YouTube.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
He called it YEARS before the truth came out and was ostracized for it. He was silenced for about two years because of the powerful and influential people involved. A true journalist...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:52
Col, all I can do here is to point out that the Bard knew about limited viewpoints centuries ago, though admittedly the context was different. But the quote is relevant. "There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

News media these days cannot be trusted to tell the truth unless it accidentally coincides with their agenda. Just remember that the "news" media have long ago become the sensationalist media because they want to grab more headlines. More lurid headlines means a larger audience. Larger audiences mean more advertising dollars. Follow the money. But in some cases, it comes back to Machiavelli, whose quotes chillingly expose the current Leftist methodology. These come mostly from The Prince by Machiavelli, but some from his other works.

This one explains ALL "spin doctors" from every political party. “Never attempt to win by force what can be won by deception.”

This was Trump's initial platform, the source of his "clean out the swamp" rhetoric. “I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.”

This next one explains the strategy behind the 2nd Trump impeachment perfectly: “People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance.”

This one explains the USA Democratic viewpoint on welfare and immigration: “Men are so simple of mind, and so much dominated by their immediate needs, that a deceitful man will always find plenty who are ready to be deceived.”

This explains the Democratic hatred of Trump: “It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”

And here is one often attributed to Machiavelli, but it is actually from George Orwell: "Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The defense is currently showing that the Democrats actually manipulated their "evidence". Trump is is own worst enemy. If you have to manipulate his words and his Tweets, maybe he is just not the evil person the Democrats and press keep claiming that he is.

Sure hopes Trump sues all of the Impeachment managers. He's got a pretty good case.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
That is why they use terms like global warming "deniers", while they are not denying rising temperatures at all. Its all trickery.
This is how I feel about the suffix phobia or phobic added to certain key words. They use these terms to make you feel foolish, because those terms actually mean you are afraid (or phobic) about something. What is the real truth? Not usually that those people are afraid, or phobic, at all, about the thing in question. Just that they disapprove or have a cautionary approach to the subject, or have a viewpoint that doesn't fit the woke viewpoint.

Think about it, they have successfully added the verbiage "phobia" to things where the truth has nothing to do with the opposition being phobic. But it's calculated to make you feel foolish, and is quite inaccurate.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
He called it YEARS before the truth came out and was ostracized for it. He was silenced for about two years because of the powerful and influential people involved. A true journalist...
Unfortunately Pizza Gate, Bohemian Grove and Jekyll Island have all been co-opted by crazies who have their own agendas. These groups will not bring legitimacy to allegations that might otherwise come to light. ;)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Jekyll Island is not a conspiracy theory, it's history.
Back then, the people who wanted to create the Federal Reserve couldn’t even admit that that’s what they were doing. They had all kinds of disguised names for it. They went off on fake hunting trips to disguise their purpose. It was just anathema to the body of politic then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom