Not showing date (1 Viewer)

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Today, 08:30
Hello,

Some date fields are not shown in report when we print it, while in the print review/ display are shown well. Can anyone help me how can I solve the problem?.
See attached.

Thank you,

Frank
NotshowingDate.jpg

Josef P.

Local time
Today, 17:30
The width of the TextBox is too small.
+ Access option: Check for truncated number fields
truncateNumberFields.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:30
I'm going to guess that some of your date fields contain a time component and therefore, the control is not wide enough to show the full value.

1. If you actually want time included with the date, widen the field so the whole string can be visible.
2. If the date should not contain time, then find the problem code or query that is using Now() rather than Date() to populate the field. Now() = date + time, Date() = date only

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:30
But surely you are quite capable of widening the control?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:30
Or checking the value in the table where hopefully there is no format applied to the column so you can see whether any rows contain time with the date.

hfsitumo2001

Local time
Today, 08:30
But surely you are quite capable of widening the control?
Yes London, the only thing I was curious, why if I print review, nothing was truncated, but when I print in pdf, some was truncated, and some looked good.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:30
probably due to pdf's requiring a slightly larger 'space', perhaps it intereprets the font slightly differently. PDF's are not photographs. Without knowing the date values that are obscured, can't be sure but the solution should be to widen the space

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom