Notes From A Thoughtful Husband (1 Viewer)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:22
KenHigg said:
Holy cow - I googled and got this:
Yowza! Even McDonld's version is better for you. :eek:

What an awesome site. That's getting bookmarked!

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:22
Kraj said:
As far as the clothing goes, does the phrase "patience of Job" mean anything to you? There is no way to win this unless you intend on putting a lot of time and energy into developing your fashion sense. She may say she doesn't care what you wear, but any fool knows that's a lie. Try meeting her halfway: "What do you think of this shirt?" That way she has input without feeling like she has to dress you. But whatever you do, don't wear whatever you feel like without her approval.

That was going pretty well until the fashion sense bit... :eek: :eek:

My current strategy is to pick my pants (No, not pick 'em in that sense Rich!:mad: ),and the offer two of my best guesses as options for her to select... Seems a happy bit of middle ground :) :)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
That was going pretty well until the fashion sense bit... :eek: :eek:
Sorry, I should have been more specific. "Developing your fashion sense" meant "learning what your wife likes you to wear". Sorry for the confusion. :p :D

KenHigg

Local time
Kraj said:
Sorry, I should have been more specific. "Developing your fashion sense" meant "learning what your wife likes you to wear". Sorry for the confusion. :p :D

Ah.... I see.

Is there any rule about squeaky shoes? I have a pair and she likes them but they squeak on tile floors. I would be nice if I could quote her some kind of 'opt-out' clause...

KenHigg

Local time
lmnop7854 said:
...And, OMG, Kraj - that is the most unpalatable-looking biscuit ever. Perhaps if the picture wasn't so big. I can practically count the fat calories from here.....

Lisa

Just as a regional (Southern) footnote - That is a McMuffin, not a biscuit.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
The point of style is interesting. There is a little know problem that only occurs in a small percentage of men.

It is called dyslexiastylus syndrome.

This generally is a problem that can occur at a relatively early age and erodes the persons ability to make associations between clothes/colours/styles. Over time (and this can be relatively short) it can render the individual ccompletely incapable of making decisions as to what constitutes good and bad taste in clothing.

In this case there is no alternative but for the afflicted person to have there proposed dress for that day/occassion reviewed by a female as they do not suffer from the syndrome.

Remember my post on failing faculities. Mark it well

Len

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
My current strategy is to pick my pants
I feel I should point out that the American word "pants" - is referring to a pair of trousers and not underwear, which is the UK meaning.

So the phrase "pick my pants" (in UK speak) does conjour up some less than savoury thoughts:eek: yuk

If you should come to the UK Ken, don't say to a girl "I like your pants" as you'll get a smack in the mouth:D

Col

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
I feel I should point out that the American word "pants" - is referring to a pair of trousers and not underwear, which is the UK meaning.

So the phrase "pick my pants" (in UK speak) does conjour up some less than savoury thoughts:eek: yuk

If you should come to the UK Ken, don't say to a girl "I like your pants" as you'll get a smack in the mouth:D

Col

So I'm guessing the American phrase 'I'd like to get into your pants' would have a more universal meaning? :eek:

(Sorry - I didn't mean to say that...:eek: )

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
Just as a regional (Southern) footnote - That is a McMuffin, not a biscuit.
That better?

KenHigg

Local time
Kraj said:
Yowza! Even McDonld's version is better for you. :eek:

What an awesome site. That's getting bookmarked!

I think they should spend more money on hiring better help at the drive thru and less on this kind of stuff: Link

The Fullness Factor? This may apply to Rich as we know he's full of something:p :p

As you know, the only way to end hunger is to eat.

Get real - Really :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 12:22
lmnop7854 said:
I am also constantly getting the "what are we doing for dinner?" question asked of me, as if I am the sole proprietor of said dinner, and the only one with any original thought on the subject (well, that could be true).

I'm contantly getting that one too, even when I'm sick, or on the days that I work but he's home. I don't understand why he wants me to have dinner ready when he gets home from work on the days he works but I'm home, but he won't do the reverse for me. :mad:

And, guys, I'm not saying I would send a helpless man into the kitchen to set the house on fire trying to cook something. :rolleyes: Before we got married he cooked all the time and can cook as well as I can if he wants to. :(

R

Rich

lmnop7854 said:
I am also constantly getting the "what are we doing for dinner?" question asked of me, Lisa
But surely that's a womans job ?:confused:

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Kraj said:
That better?

On a palatability scale, Kraj, not much.

MrsGorilla said:
Before we got married he cooked all the time and can cook as well as I can if he wants to.

Exactly. He cooks for himself while he is away at school. Granted, maybe not every night, but I wonder who he asks that question to while he is alone in his apartment?:rolleyes:

Lisa

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Missed yesterday's fun, was busy getting rear-ended by a hit and runner:(

I own up to asking what's for meals, I didn't marry an ace cook just so that I could poison 2 people:p , I do do the stir fries, she cant manage the wok:D

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Dress sense.

I had great dress sense, then amazingly one day, I think it was when I said "I do" , it all deserted me :rolleyes:

Brian

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
Dress sense.

I had great dress sense, then amazingly one day, I think it was when I said "I do" , it all deserted me :rolleyes:

Brian

There isn't much point after saying those two words, is there?
Next time remember to keep your fingers crossed :cool:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Dress sense.

Brian

22 years of happiness.. . . . . . . . . . then I got married:mad:

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom