Our new home - post your opinions here (3 Viewers)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:15
@moke123 Yes, this was a feature requested last week.

@Gasman Great!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 17:15
Has anyone tried the Conversation feature here yet, which is the substitute for PMs? I used to hate the PMs before, since I had to click in a particular part of the window outside of the quoted text, and I never knew if I should click above or below the quotes!
the conv. between you and I is just fine to me, Mr. Leader.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am more of a servant.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I like how the reply box smoothly scrolls down once you have replied to a post.

Anyone notice how you start a new post? You can just click in the empty field called Thread title at the top of the threads. Super-quick way to get new threads going.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I don't; apparently I've been made redundant. :p
I'm out as well Paul...
Has anyone tried the Conversation feature here yet, which is the substitute for PMs? I used to hate the PMs before, since I had to click in a particular part of the window outside of the quoted text, and I never knew if I should click above or below the quotes!

Yes, just tested it and its really cool!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
So much clearer because the conversation flows, and you can keep track of the conversational thread more easily.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm out as well Paul...

Yes, just tested it and its really cool!

Now this is a minor irritation, and slightly concerning. The reply to Paul was a work in progress and somehow I managed to send it included with a later post...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Now this is a minor irritation, and slightly concerning. The reply to Paul was a work in progress and somehow I managed to send it included with a later post...

I thought I should mention, this accident happened through the mobile site...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
@Uncle Gizmo When your tutorials are embedded here do they help your stats?

Speaking for the old site, the only real benefit I noticed with the hit rate on my website and YouTube was if I made posts regularly, which linked back to my website and YouTube. But it was (and is) a lot of work for very little gain. It's not worth it in my opinion.

If you were thinking of doing some tutorials of your own, I wouldn't recommend it, unless you get some joy out of it for yourself. That's the main reason I do it.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:15
If you were thinking of doing some tutorials of your own, I wouldn't recommend it, unless you get some joy out of it for yourself. That's the main reason I do it.
No, I've got plenty of other things to do. I was just curious if it had any effect.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Don't worry. I'll split my moderators payments equally with both of you.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If you do decide to do any online videos, I recommend you don't have a dog anywhere nearby whilst recording.
Isla has wrecked the last few I did by barking loudly about 20 minutes in to a very long video.
After 3 attempts, I abandoned it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
If you do decide to do any online videos, I recommend you don't have a dog anywhere nearby whilst recording.
Isla has wrecked the last few I did by barking loudly about 20 minutes in to a very long video.
I expect the same could be said if you have a parrot? :D

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:15

I know that feeling well.

mally.JPG

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Colin, regarding your problems with videos, and the dog barking! If you use screencast-o-matic - it's $1.65 a month. You can edit the audio, you can edit out sections, put sections back in. If you get into the Habit of recording short 5-minute sections of video, you can easily join them together to make a Longer video, then edit the result to smoothly link everything together. This is particularly beneficial if you want to add a beginning and an Ending sequence to your video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom