Our new home - post your opinions here (2 Viewers)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:59
Some more 'lost features'
Whose Online - useful also for finding random threads you wouldn't have thought of looking for
Unanswered Threads

And...as already mentioned...
Moderators Forum and Moderators Control Panel

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 05:59
Jon,

After I posted on Mr Excel plenty of times recently, my browser's cache filled up extremely quickly which was causing the page loading to do weird things. I saw all of these happen:

=> request resulted in blank screen
=> request re-routed me to the www.domain.com/forum URL
=> request resulted in an error message saying page could not be loaded at this time

I also got errors when trying to insert images into threads and PMs. stuff like what I posted earlier in this thread:

=> an error occurred. Please contact the administrator

I don't think that stuff would happen here, and it hasn't happened to me personally yet, but maybe you can post something about it? Perhaps if anyone starts complaining later on?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
And Online Members shown top right.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I cannot remember how I changed mine in the old software. I've checked in another forum still using vbulletin, but 4.2.3 and cannot see it there.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:59
Hmm, well I can't find the two posts I got eMails for as those links don't work. So, I'll have to go hunting for them because oddly enough also not showing under my watched threads.
If the post happened between the backup of data and the re-launch then it will be gone.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
How do people here feel about the speed of the site? Is it faster or slower than before, or about the same? Just trying to get a feel for it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
How do people here feel about the speed of the site? Is it faster or slower than before, or about the same? Just trying to get a feel for it.
Way faster I would say, even after you moved to new server?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:59
The site has been very quick for me, faster than before it feels like.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am looking at ways to try to speed it up. We score 94/100 on Google's PageSpeed Insights tool for Desktop. There is no CDN network setup on this site like there was on the old one. I came across someone today recommending BunnyCDN. I like the name so I might give them a go!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:59
Speed seems fine for me. There was a link you could click to get last post in a thread have I missed it or has it gone?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 05:59
Jon,

I searched this entire thread for the string "online" and I didn't find anything. I don't see the stats "number of people viewing" next to the forum categories on the forum's main page like the VB software had. did you lose that feature with the migration?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Do you mean get to the last post in the thread once you are already in the thread, or while viewing threads, a way to go instantly to the last post?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@vba_php Do you not see this while on the forums index page?

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 23.12.23.png

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:59
Do you mean get to the last post in the thread once you are already in the thread, or while viewing threads, a way to go instantly to the last post?

While viewing threads. In the old software, there was a little arrow after the user's name in this area: "Last Post: Today 3:15PM pbaldy >>"

It would take you right to the last post. Minor annoyance, but now you have to click on the last page and then scroll to the bottom.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
While viewing the list of threads, just click on the time link to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom