Our new home - post your opinions here (2 Viewers)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:50
Where is that from?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:50
While viewing the list of threads, just click on the time link to the right.
Thanks that works for me. A few little changes to where and how to do things, but all in all very positive---it'll just take a little time to adjust.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Top right when you enter a thread. Seems to come and go.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks that works for me. A few little changes to where and how to do things, but all in all very positive---it'll just take a little time to adjust.
It's only Day 1! :ROFLMAO:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@moke123 I've just noticed that now. Wasn't there earlier. How odd!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I think it only shows if there is a new unread post but hard to tell.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:50
I've seen it now. It does come and go, and seems to go to the first post it thinks I haven't seen rather than the last post. I guess that might be nice if there had been a bunch of posts since I had visited a thread, and it took me to the first one I hadn't seen.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:50
@vba_php Do you not see this while on the forums index page?

View attachment 78576
yeah I do see that Jon, but that's not the same thing as you had before. Before there was a statement in () parenthesis next to each forum category that said how many people were viewing it at every page load. do you not have that anymore? and can you call me Adam, Jon? =) I ask this on my profile page.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@vba_php I only use that so you get the notification.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
By the way, I just noticed how the new software will crop a long quote with a "click to expand" option. Love it! Didn't like scrolling past long quotes.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The developers have spent the last 10 years tweaking and improving on vBulletin. Nice little touches here and there.

Is it important to have the count of visitors to each category? I ask this because half the time they are bots trying to hack the site!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Is it important to have the count of visitors to each category? I ask this because half the time they are bots trying to hack the site!

Not to me, but I do recall some forum I was on (can't remember which, or the software) where when you were viewing a thread it would show anybody else viewing the thread. If I saw Joe Blow was already looking at the thread, I'd assume he had it covered and wouldn't bother answering. Obviously it would depend on who it was, but if it was a normal "helper" I wouldn't jump in.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:50
not really Jon. I was just asking. I don't care one way or the other. but are you sure that the bots are black-hat oriented? aren't most of them google bots, or yandex, msn, yahoo and everyone else?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I was getting 2,000 guests per day, which was odd. So I checked the IP addresses and most were from China who were doing SQL injection attempts according to the URL errors they were generating.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've added a count add-on as a test. Not too happy with it so far as I think it will affect performance. But you can see under the reply box some data, and also in the Lastest Posts widget on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom