The Covid cure has arrived! (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:40
Define sanity, Col. Just like liberal media tend to feed us slush in hopes that they successfully rot OUR brain, what they feed to you folks across the pond has to be taken with more than just a small grain of salt.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:40
Doc, you say that, but on our TV news, these statements are usually backed up by actual film of (for example) the White House idiot saying injecting bleach is good. Or showing his actual tweets. Or, actual interviews with people saying it's all a hoax etc. How can that be fabricated? Plus, more to the point, the American people believe it all. Like certain people posting here who are totally blinkered and think Trump is a love God and not an insane person he really is. It proves that they are not so well read as they boast to be.
Are they in love with him or the party he leads?
It's his widow-in-waiting I feel sorry for, she always looks so miserable and depressed. No surprise really.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Col, I was in favor of a lot of his ideas, but sometimes he betrayed a streak of ignorance. So don't count me as enamored. Just to be clear, I believe I have always said that DJT was the lesser of two evils, the other being Hillary Clinton. And in that context, my view of him cannot be classed as being a big fan. I knew he was not going to fit in well, but HRC totally scared the crap out of me. With her, NOBODY would have any money after taxes and NOBODY would have good health care after extending the reach of the Affordable Care Act. Pharmaceuticals would skyrocket in price. Our trade treaties would belong to China or Russia because her response would have been to bend over backwards for them.

I liked a lot of what DJT did, but he was also an abrasive man in a position of some power. He didn't win friends. I have no illusions about that.

My comment about liberal media is simply that they would NEVER show ANY of the better things that DJT did. For instance, a jail and sentencing reform initiative to reduce the population of USA prisons. Before COVID-19, a MASSIVE reduction in unemployment (a 49-year low). Also a decent sized increase in wages to reduce welfare roles. Don't know if that got to you.

Yes, in this final month of his term, he is being a total screw-up. However, I'm fairly sure he will be gone soon.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:40
Trump will be 'gone' when the media stops reporting on his tweets because I don't think his tweets will stop. 2015 was an election year with political positions at the further ends of the bell curve. Now we have a return to closer to the mean. I see all countries having their share of people with way out beliefs. I take comfort that those of them that take Darwin award actions like bleach injections,, increase the average intelligence of the rest of the population.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:40
Trump's twitter account will be canceled on the 21st.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Coronavirus is out of control in the UK. 68K new cases today and hospitals are starting to get overrun. Deaths of 1,325 today. If everybody doesn't play their part, the virus could keep mutating and then even the vaccines may not save you. The most recent strain is estimated to be 56% more infectious. This partly explains why things have gotten so bad in the UK. And with all these new people getting infected, the probability of even more deadly mutations gets higher and higher. I am hoping the vaccinations get done fast enough to stop us drowning in ia sea of virus particles.

Pandemics have become the biggest threat to humanity now, above all recent wars.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I read that Republican's tend to be happier than Democrats. Maybe they are less outraged all the time.
I always get the impression that the republicans are the ruffians of USA politics and the democrats keep more decorum. For example when Trump was slagging off Biden at every opportunity, Biden kept composure and didn't get drawn down to the gutter Trump level.
Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It depends on if you extend Biden as being a cookie-cutter of all Democrats. Take Maxine Waters for example. She wants Decmorats to harass Republicans and make them unwelcome everywhere:

Here are some more Democrats with decorum...

Warning, the next one is graphic and unpleasant. Start 45 seconds into the video:

Ultimately, it depends on where you want to look.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 13:40
I always get the impression that the republicans are the ruffians of USA politics and the democrats keep more decorum. For example when Trump was slagging off Biden at every opportunity, Biden kept composure and didn't get drawn down to the gutter Trump level.
Words are cheap. Biden does not mean what he says, read between the lines. If you believe that Biden is presenting a "Presidential" image, think again. Biden is a liar. Biden is staying hidden in his basement and not suggesting that the Democrats tone down their hateful rhetoric in the name of healing since Trump will be soon out of office. His convenient silence implies that he supports this type of atrocious gutter behavior by Democrats.

Last edited:

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:40
The great DisUnited States of America, or is that the DisUnited People of the USA who do not accept democracy. In 1933, the people of Germany were incited to take over the seat of democratic government and burn it down. Out of the ashes rose the Fuhrer with an improved model of democracy.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Can one of the ardent supporters of Operation Warp Speed explain WTF is going on with the supply chain of the vaccine?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@moke123 - the same thing that happens in ANY administration, whether Republican or Democrat, when the government bureaucracy gets their hooks in a massive program.

Waste, fraud, and abuse.

Oops, maybe I shouldn't have answered since I didn't meet the criteria for your question.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I believe all governments around the world have come in for heavy criticism for their response to the pandemic. This just shows that peoples expectations are unrealistic. In the UK, our government has come under heavy criticism for their slow roll out of vaccinations, yet we ere the fastest in the world, or thereabouts. Israel has done a pretty speedy job too.

In the early stages, governments are less culpable as it is chaos. But over time, governments should form a decent plan and there is less excuse. What I do find pretty astonishing is that given the sizeable threat of a pandemic, how all governments around the world have been so lax in their defence. Instead of stockpiling more and more nukes, why have they not done better preparation for saving us all from the mini-bugs??!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
But over time, governments should form a decent plan and there is less excuse.
With all the fanfare of OWS, one would have expected a more robust rollout. From what I've read, much of their effort was on getting a vaccine developed and financed. States were left to develop their own distribution plans but were misled as to actual availabilty. Big Pharma is also to blame as apparently they keep production numbers secret as that enhances their ability to negotiate prices.

My agency was just notified by the Gov. that we're up for 2/1 but now I wonder if that is realistic. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom