Thread disappeared - no notice 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:30
I see you have finally learned the rules about responding to Rich.

Rule 1: Rich is always right

In this case true

Rule 2: regardless of the relevant facts, the sources you quote or anything you wish to say in response, you can't change Rule 1.

Those intelligent enough can

Rule 3: the correct place for Rich is on your ignore list.

Oh dear I'll be really sad to be on another Americans ignore list
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 23:30
It is sad when you ask a simple question and get all sorts of grief rather then just a straight answer. Might not be so annoying if english was my first language but it is nothing to get upset over. If people do not know the answer to something then why dont they just say so instead of stretching it out for a dozen posts on empty misdirection.
It is just so rude to do that to people but perhaps it is just a character flaw.

I see you have finally learned the rules about responding to Rich.
Rule 1: Rich is always right
Rule 2: regardless of the relevant facts, the sources you quote or anything you wish to say in response, you can't change Rule 1.
Rule 3: the correct place for Rich is on your ignore list.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It is sad when you ask a simple question and get all sorts of grief rather then just a straight answer. Might not be so annoying if english was my first language but it is nothing to get upset over. If people do not know the answer to something then why dont they just say so instead of stretching it out for a dozen posts on empty misdirection.
It is just so rude to do that to people but perhaps it is just a character flaw.

Not a simple question but a provocative one

O so what is the date from there because if I look from my side of the screen you are young and annoying and have a way to blame every wrong on the Americans or something which is American.

chergh

blah
Local time
Access doesn't handle dates very well unless the US date format is used

Wrong again Rich.

There are no problems with access and dates if you use the 'YYYY/MM/DD' format.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Wrong again Rich.

Duh, what format is YYYY/MM/DD ? or even "mm/dd/yyyy"?:rolleyes:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It's the international format apparently, entered as text it would still sort properly.

Brian
But entered as text would create even more problems for Access surely?
p.s sorry to see the recent poor form of late, time to change sides?:cool:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I wasn't suggesting that a date should be entered as text , merely making an observation.

As for Liverpool, they are playing as badly as Man u but without the luck, I fear that we will finish 5th or 6th, Rafa basically forced Alonso out yet he was the one that made the Gerrard Torres partnership tick, the guys a prat with his zonal marking too.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
If you use ISO 8601 for date and time functions there are never any problems which are encountered by using any other ambiguous formats or outdated text and numeric combinations.

It's the international format apparently, entered as text it would still sort properly.
Brian

statsman

Local time
Today, 02:30
There are currently three different date formats that I am familiar with. They are:
American - mm/dd/yyyy
British - dd/mm/yyyy
and Japanese (also called international) - yyyy/mm/dd

There may be others as well.
All I know is that it's a pain because if the date quoted has a day which is 12 or less, you have to find out where the person is from before you can find out the date (Example: 12/04/2006 - 4th of December or 12th of April???).

May we please have a required date format that everyone MUST use.

Rant completed.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
ISO 8601 for date format is YYYY-MM-DD
I do not know why anyone would use anything else

There are currently three different date formats that I am familiar with. They are:
American - mm/dd/yyyy
British - dd/mm/yyyy
and Japanese (also called international) - yyyy/mm/dd

There may be others as well.
All I know is that it's a pain because if the date quoted has a day which is 12 or less, you have to find out where the person is from before you can find out the date (Example: 12/04/2006 - 4th of December or 12th of April???).

May we please have a required date format that everyone MUST use.

Rant completed.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Might not be so annoying if english was my first language

Well personally, I think you do jolly well having a stab at having discussions in your non-first language, it can't be easy.
You don't say what your first is, but the way you use "jerk" and other personal attacks it could (I said could) be American.

However, I shall bear this in mind should any of your future posts appear to be antagonistic and argumentative and put it down to you being a foreigner.

Of course, if you were French, then that would explain alot. It's a well known fact the frogs hate the English - hence the reason we've been at war on and off for about 900 years.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
The most likely scenario is that 50-2-1 is a French-Canadian and his English is American influenced. I am not aware of us being at war with the French Canadians since we duffed them up at Quebec.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yes, two of the languages that I do speak and write are Québécois and Canadian English.

The most likely scenario is that 50-2-1 is a French-Canadian and his English is American influenced. I am not aware of us being at war with the French Canadians since we duffed them up at Quebec.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Brian

Just to clarify, I was referring to our near neighbours when I mentioned French. They are the ones that hate our guts.

Col

statsman

Local time
Today, 02:30
Just to clarify, I was referring to our near neighbours when I mentioned French. They are the ones that hate our guts.

Col

Don't be so modest Col
EVERYONE hates your guts. :D:D:D
Just kidding

Eastern and Northern Ontario is home to a large Francophone population. It is a lovely place to visit at this time of year when the leaves are changing.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
We were there a few years ago and the colours were far better than in New England, which we went onto, which is the place that seems to get all the raves.

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, two of the languages that I do speak and write are Québécois and Canadian English.
Well despite the fact that there are one or two Americans here insisting that you only post in plain English most of us here are mature enough to ignore the rule and respond anyway, of course we have no control over whether or not you like the answers

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
The trees are very nice right now. This weekend many areas have their Festival des couleurs with lots of family activities to enjoy nature and the changing of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom