Thread disappeared - no notice 2 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 11:24
OK, well, I truly hope you get it all sorted out in the end, Colin.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Col
If I were in your position I would have come to the conclusion that Bob knows that he should not have made the comment he did, even if it was a throw away line, but that he cannot bring himself to apologise, else he truly believes it and feels that no further comment is required.

I would treat either possibility in the same way that I treated kids that called me 4 eyes all those years ago.

Brian

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
We should all know by now that you should never take what people say on forums too seriously, it's not worth it.

There are more important things to life than worriying about personal comments made by people that you may not know or even meet for real.

The only time you should worry about this sort of thing is when someone you meet online from another country turns up on your doorstep with a pickaxe :eek:

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 05:24
We should all know by now that you should never take what people say on forums too seriously, it's not worth it.

There are more important things to life than worriying about personal comments made by people that you may not know or even meet for real.

The only time you should worry about this sort of thing is when someone you meet online from another country turns up on your doorstep with a pickaxe :eek:

You sound like you're speaking from personal experience..... Has that ever happened to you? :D

statsman

Local time
Today, 06:24
I am not "following Bob around forever", if I get a suitable reply then the matter is closed
Col

If Bob has not replied by now, it's a pretty safe bet he's not going to.
This is not intended to measure the rights and wrongs of the situation, I am simply suggesting a course of action.
That course of action is...perhaps its time to move on.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I loved his assistant:eek:;)

Which one? Didn't he have two different equally eye-appealing assistants? I never watched the show, so don't recall.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Colin - What sort of reply from Bob would you ever determine "suitable?"

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Which one? Didn't he have two different equally eye-appealing assistants? I never watched the show, so don't recall.

Yes. It was Natalie and Sharona.
Sharona was the original, played by Betty Schramm. She also had a part in A league of their own"

I liked both but was rather sad when Betty left.
As far as I know, they didn't really have a seamless departure.
Am I the only one who thinks Monk's late wife has been depicted by more than one actress since the beginning of the show?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Yes. It was Natalie and Sharona.
Sharona was the original, played by Betty Schramm. She also had a part in A league of their own"

I liked both but was rather sad when Betty left.
As far as I know, they didn't really have a seamless departure.
Am I the only one who thinks Monk's late wife has been depicted by more than one actress since the beginning of the show?

I thought Sharona looked like she was stuck in a 1980s time warp, great character apart from that. Out of the two I'd say Natalie is the prettier.

Ha! I wondered that too about Trudy, but it's so rare you see her that you kind of only remember she has blonde hair. Then again, you'd think with all the photos of her he has we'd take note :confused:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Colin - What sort of reply from Bob would you ever determine "suitable?"

Well, it would be nice to get any reply. It would certainly be polite to reply. All I am asking for is for Bob to qualify his statement.

I'm disappointed, I thought Americans were always very polite - seems I got it wrong.

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Well, it would be nice to get any reply. It would certainly be polite to reply. All I am asking for is for Bob to qualify his statement.

I'm disappointed, I thought Americans were always very polite - seems I got it wrong.

Col

In a way I see where you're coming from Colin, there are only two kinds of people in this world qualified to diagnose insanity, psychologists and other whack jobs ;)

I'm pretty sure Bob's comment would have been a joke rather than a diagnosis, I don't think he's a psychologis, is he? :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I have no idea of Bob's involvement with either Psychology or Psychiatry.

If indeed it was a joke, then perhaps a smilie would have been indicative of his attempt at humour.

I feel sure Bob will tell me in due course.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I'm sure you did... :rolleyes:

Well Elvis and Cassius Clay always called people "Sir" or "Ma'am" and US soldiers always seem to when they hold press conferences.

In films, US tourists always say "Yes Sir, aahm from Texas", or like in the Posiden Adventure the little lad calls everyone "Sir" or "Ma'am".

So it must be true.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
In my experience it is, but then I'm always polite, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Brian

Not really, because if you are not the first to speak they wouldn't know you are polite.

Obviously Americans need to turn the volume down a bit because they all seem to shout, but oddly, since 2003 they are much quieter and they all seem to be Canadians now. (as advised by their government)

I think it's funny when they ask you for directions - like to Bucking-Ham Palace or Lie-Cester Square.

Anyway, Bob still hasn't responded but we live in hope for a polite reply.

Col

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom